Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 3 Oct 2019, 08:34 (Ref:3931639)   #1
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
2020 Historic Race dates and Club calendar thread

Mike may be you heard about the french 2020 calendar, foreigners are very welcome as always. Really. Official operator is HVM Racing many of you here know those people.
Historic Tour meetings: 17/19 of April, Albi; 8/10 of May, Dijon; 19/21 of June, Charade; 11/13 of September, Nogaro; 25/27 of September, Val de Vienne.
Motors Cup!: 30/31 of May, Pau ville; 2/4 of October Dijon Prenois; 16/18 of October, Circuit Bugatti Le Mans.

My old friend Alain Goupy and Asavé Paris will be at Croix en Ternois on 11/12 of July. More info on his website or alaingoupy@gmail.com
Warm welcome and good language can be expected.
I can't enough recommend at least Nogaro track…
Cheers! Gerry Mo'!

Last edited by Gerard C; 3 Oct 2019 at 08:39.
Old 3 Oct 2019, 08:54 (Ref:3931641)   #2
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
PA : Dix Mille tours, 4/5 April Ricard, Spa Classic 22/24 May Francorchamps, GPAO 5/7 June Dijon, LMC 2/5 July Le Mans the real one, Monza Historic 18/20 September… Monza! Estoril Classics 9/11 October Estoril. Tour Auto 20/25 April.
Old 3 Oct 2019, 13:17 (Ref:3931687)   #3
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Mike may be you heard about the french 2020 calendar, foreigners are very welcome as always. Really.
CSCC have just announced that they are racing on the Le Mans circuit in 2020. Not sure whether I will make the trip as I dont think there is a separate 7 race.

They are at Dijon this weekend.
Old 3 Oct 2019, 13:27 (Ref:3931690)   #4
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
CSCC have just announced that they are racing on the Le Mans circuit in 2020. Not sure whether I will make the trip as I dont think there is a separate 7 race.

They are at Dijon this weekend.
Le Mans Bugatti, not the 24hr track! Shares a little piece of the layout, though.

I’ll start a 2020 Calendar thread and move the relevant posts over, to keep everything tidy .
Old 3 Oct 2019, 14:13 (Ref:3931700)   #5
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Le Mans Bugatti, not the 24hr track! Shares a little piece of the layout, though.

I’ll start a 2020 Calendar thread and move the relevant posts over, to keep everything tidy .
Agreed, i should have made that clear. Be good to say that you have raced at “Le Mans” in the pub someday, though!!!
Old 3 Oct 2019, 14:41 (Ref:3931706)   #6
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Agreed, i should have made that clear. Be good to say that you have raced at “Le Mans” in the pub someday, though!!!
Old 3 Oct 2019, 15:56 (Ref:3931716)   #7
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

Got the notification this week - going to have to start saving up the pennies
Old 4 Oct 2019, 15:24 (Ref:3931917)   #8
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
2020 Historic Race dates and Club calendar thread

It's that time of year.....
Old 4 Oct 2019, 16:03 (Ref:3931922)   #9
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Pom will be on 15th Feb
Old 7 Oct 2019, 16:53 (Ref:3932513)   #10
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Thank you Gentleman Mike…
May be you could consider the "Deux Tours d'Horloge" by Eric Van de Vyver, a real 24 hours race. Dates should be 6,7 and 8 of November, Circuit Paul Ricard also said Le Castellet.
VdeV and HVM racing joined their forces to have this race back on the calendar. Fingers crossed, its always been a lot of fun.
Contacts are VdeV Sports and/or HVM.
Cars: GT/ Tourisme up to 1990, Sport Proto up to '76 and Sports 2000 to '84. Slick tires not allowed. Others can be considered I guess.
Old 7 Oct 2019, 17:00 (Ref:3932514)   #11
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
May be you could consider the "Deux Tours d'Horloge" by Eric Van de Vyver, a real 24 hours race. Dates should be 6,7 and 8 of November, Circuit Paul Ricard also said Le Castellet.
Now THAT is something I'd gladly take a trip to see!
Old 7 Oct 2019, 18:16 (Ref:3932531)   #12
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
F'corse you're welcome, watching or racing! Relaxed ambiance guarantee! I'm trying to have a seat in my former 944 T. A nice girl…
Old 9 Oct 2019, 12:38 (Ref:3932910)   #13
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
CMMC (Classic & Modern) @ Mallory on June 14th
Old 9 Oct 2019, 14:46 (Ref:3932932)   #14
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not sure if appropriate for this thread given the location but we have had a few tenthers here for it in recent years. Its a great meeting.... ask James Owen (HTSR5?) or Iain.

Phillip Island Classic

5-8TH March 2020
Old 9 Oct 2019, 15:45 (Ref:3932939)   #15
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Not sure if appropriate for this thread given the location but we have had a few tenthers here for it in recent years. Its a great meeting.... ask James Owen (HTSR5?) or Iain.

Phillip Island Classic

5-8TH March 2020
Absolutely appropriate! We’d all be there if circumstances allowed!
Old 9 Oct 2019, 16:15 (Ref:3932944)   #16
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Old 9 Oct 2019, 21:53 (Ref:3932994)   #17
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Absolutely appropriate! We’d all be there if circumstances allowed!
Steady on I couldnt afford to buy all the croissants and only have the one bike to lend out!
Old 10 Oct 2019, 06:48 (Ref:3933058)   #18
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
Quote:

Phillip Island Classic

5-8TH March 2020
Unfortunately I haven’t won the lottery again; really must buy a ticket.
Old 10 Oct 2019, 10:32 (Ref:3933082)   #19
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Steady on I couldnt afford to buy all the croissants and only have the one bike to lend out!
If we can persuade Gerard to join the 2020 tenths trip then he can bring ‘yer actual French’ croissants....

Presume they’d get confiscated at customs, though!
Old 10 Oct 2019, 11:34 (Ref:3933100)   #20
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It is my understanding that the HSCC calendar will get shuffled around a bit:

Season opener is supposed to be Brands Hatch Indy
Donington will move to June, away from April and the Members Meeting
Cadwell will move to September at take the BH Indy slot.
Silverstone Inter Meeting to stay put in May

Donny in June would be nice
Cadwell in September, sandwiched between Goodwood and Spa, two weeks after Zandvoort is asking for trouble, I dont think there is room for an HSCC race in September competing for entries against those large pull classics, unless its on the Silverstone GP circuit with starting money paid out to everybody

RuE
Old 10 Oct 2019, 16:11 (Ref:3933144)   #21
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudernst View Post
It is my understanding that the HSCC calendar will get shuffled around a bit:

Season opener is supposed to be Brands Hatch Indy
Donington will move to June, away from April and the Members Meeting
Cadwell will move to September at take the BH Indy slot.
Silverstone Inter Meeting to stay put in May

Donny in June would be nice
Cadwell in September, sandwiched between Goodwood and Spa, two weeks after Zandvoort is asking for trouble, I dont think there is room for an HSCC race in September competing for entries against those large pull classics, unless its on the Silverstone GP circuit with starting money paid out to everybody

RuE
Cheers for the info. Its nice to have a bit of change in a calendar. Although I hope Silverstone GP and Spa Classic don't clash.
Old 10 Oct 2019, 16:44 (Ref:3933147)   #22
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Presume they’d get confiscated at customs, though!
Ha ben v'l* aut'chose, t'as vu ça Chris! We could improvise a giant breakfast before going through custom then!
Old 10 Oct 2019, 19:26 (Ref:3933171)   #23
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Very sad that Cadwell has moved to September . Although not always overburdened with entries the HSCC meeting in May or June at this most picturesque of circuits was one of my season highlights, right up there with Members' Meeting ( eye-wateringly costly, but it's sort of worth it isn't it ? ) and the Classic(the worst place in UK to watch racing but a wonderful entry) .

But Cadwell on a bright June morning is unbeatable .
Old 11 Oct 2019, 16:22 (Ref:3933332)   #24
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This has been sent to Guards entrants:

HSCC Calendar 2020;
4/5 April Snetterton 300 circuit.
25/26 April Brands Hatch Indy.
16/17 May Silverstone GP.
6/7 June Donington.
27/28 June Pembrey.
11/12 July Brands Hatch GP.
29/30/31 August Oulton Park.
19/20 September Cadwell Park.
17/18 October Silverstone Finals.
Old 13 Oct 2019, 16:52 (Ref:3934068)   #25
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
The ARCA championship - not truly historic, of course, but for 2020 running with 750MC - has released these draft dates:

2nd May - Silverstone National (Double/Header)
30th/31st May - Donington National (Double/Header)
18th/19th July - Snetterton 300 (Triple/Header)
16th August - Brands Hatch (Double/Header)
12th/13th Sept - Anglesey (Triple/Header)
10th October - Oulton Park (Double/Header)