Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 4 Mar 2004, 22:20 (Ref:894042)   #26
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Get them Ayse! I don't know of their value but far more than you suggest! At the historic show, Pooks had complete years of 1970s Autosports for £25 per year.
Individual 1960s ones were £2.
I pick up loads of old motoring books in the charity shops. I do a 'scout' around town once a week, there are usually 2or 3 that would come in handy. Picked up the 1980s 'Photo Formula 1' book last week, Autocourse size, full colour photos throughout for £2.50! They might be a bit tatty but great reference for my work. I'll kick myself if I see a Gerry Marshall "only here for the beer' book in one of these shops for a few quid. Paid £60 for mine from a dealer as I need it for a project! Another place had a waiting list of 17 people for it.
Old 4 Mar 2004, 23:07 (Ref:894117)   #27
Vitesse
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, England
Vitesse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridVitesse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A nowhere near perfect condition (some gnawed at the edges by mice!) set of bound Autosports from 1950-59 (18 volumes) sold for £320 on eBay yesterday. That's £17-18 each and quite cheap when you consider that individual copies of pre-1960 issues command a price of about £2-3. Early 50s copies are seldom available, but go for £4-5 each! I don't think bound sets are all that rare, but they don't some up for sale very often.

Bob Marley
Old 4 Mar 2004, 23:23 (Ref:894137)   #28
Vitesse
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, England
Vitesse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridVitesse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oops! It wasn't £320, it was £420! That's over £23 per volume!

Bob Marley
Old 4 Mar 2004, 23:30 (Ref:894147)   #29
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Can I add my Autosport wants list to the mix?

I need:
September 8 1950
September 22 1950
May 29 1953
June 17 1955
June 5 1959

And that's all she wrote - when I find those five, I'll have a complete set from day one.

I've got a huge number of swaps, from 1959 to date. Must sort them out at some point - will swap for race programmes, old and new, UK and overseas too.
Old 5 Mar 2004, 08:12 (Ref:894526)   #30
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think I'll probably pick them up today, assuming they haven't been snapped up already. I'll probably bung them up on Ebay and see what happens.
Old 5 Mar 2004, 19:42 (Ref:895224)   #31
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hope you got them Ayse; they have to be worth at least three times that to a collector/motor racing historian.
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 6 Mar 2004, 08:42 (Ref:895621)   #32
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
All sorts of conflicting reports as to value, John. No, I haven't got them yet, but I will on Monday - if they're still there.
Old 6 Mar 2004, 10:06 (Ref:895663)   #33
glyn parham
Racer

United Kingdom
Strood
glyn parham should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am looking for the Autosport's covering the RAC Rally rally from 1965 to 1974 inclusive (and yes I know that there was no event in 1967 thanks to foot and mouth).
Does anybody have any spare/unwanted copies they would be willing to sell?
If not I will have to try Collectors Carbooks who hold a very impressive stock.
Glyn
Old 6 Mar 2004, 11:57 (Ref:895805)   #34
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
All sorts of conflicting reports as to value, John. No, I haven't got them yet, but I will on Monday - if they're still there.
Yes, Ayse, go for it. They all have a value, mostly low (!)but the early ones like those you are after have just got to be worth something. You've seen my offer on the other thread - you've nothing to lose! Seems odd conducting this exchange on two different threads!
Old 9 Mar 2004, 22:26 (Ref:900065)   #35
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This will probably be of interest to newer fans...

I have complete sets for:

All for sale.

PM me if interested.

I also have August to December 1994.
Old 16 Apr 2004, 23:33 (Ref:942216)   #36
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This thread amazes me where does everyone keep them ? I have from August 1999 to present (minus 11th March 2004 edition they never sent me it!) and it's already filled below my bed completely!

I don't know where the rest would go but I'll probably end up with them all some day..
Old 17 Apr 2004, 18:52 (Ref:942756)   #37
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My dad has a 2500sqft workshop to fill
Old 18 Apr 2004, 05:49 (Ref:943054)   #38
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Since I currently don't have a lot of room I am toying with going though all of my autosports and cutting out any feature articles that I really want and tossing the rest. I don't know if I'll regret it, but I have to do something.
Old 18 Apr 2004, 12:19 (Ref:943258)   #39
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I only ever keep two issues (or rather one issue and one supplement). The Autosport Le Mans supplement and the Autosport issue which follows Le Mans. I only have one other issue - the one which followed Imola 1994.......

Last edited by Aysedasi; 18 Apr 2004 at 12:19.
Old 23 Apr 2004, 05:51 (Ref:948564)   #40
Bleu
Veteran

Finland
Espoo, Finland
Bleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't remember exact dates but some topics:

Monaco GP review (bought in flea market, Rosberg won)

Monaco GP review, Indy 500 review
British GP preview

Australian GP review
British GP review, CART Toronto review
Hungarian GP review (I was there)
End-of-year double number

French GP review (I was there)

Spanish GP review
British GP pre- and review (I was there)

End-of-year number

French GP preview
50-year anniversary issue

Daytona 500 review , F1 season preview
Monaco GP review
European GP review (I was there)
Ken Tyrrell's death

End-of-year number
Old 6 Dec 2009, 12:42 (Ref:2594898)   #41
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Bringing this back from the dead. As my interest in motorsport has largely waned I was wondering if anyone would be interested in acquiring my huge collection of Autosport magazines? I don't have the complete list here but, if there was interest, I would be very happy to list what I have and listem to offers.

They are located in Woking, Surrey. You would need to arrange for collection or I could deliver for a reasonable cost if you're not located too far away.

Let me know you're interested folks
Old 6 Dec 2009, 21:01 (Ref:2595050)   #42
JamesRamone
Veteran

England
Just outside Leeds, West Yorkshire
JamesRamone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
out of interest, why has your interest waned?

Down F0rce: "More than a few, but the strangest one was when Jos Verstappen and Enrique Bernoldi scored a one-two for Arrows and were apparantly so impressed by each other's driving, they sang "Wind Beneath My Wings" to each other in the press conference."

Brilliant
Old 8 Dec 2009, 17:25 (Ref:2596174)   #43
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Have discovered more interesting things to do with my time and money. And glad to be away from all the bull****ters and crooks to be honest! Have seen a lot of racing around the world in my time and I just can't even begin to imagine how dull it would be to spend a wet weekend at Snetterton or Thruxton these days!!
Old 19 Dec 2009, 10:58 (Ref:2602298)   #44
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Any interest, folks? I am planning on listing the magazines over Christmas and will be looking to sell them asap. Just wanted to give you guys first refusal before I list them on eBay
Old 20 Jan 2010, 20:33 (Ref:2616545)   #45
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Finally managed to get over to my parents house where I store the magazines today. I have every issue from January 1975 to March 2007 and looking for offers. Also have duplicates for the following years: 1993, 1994, 1995, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001 (x2), 2002 (x2), 2003

All are in good condition for their various ages but have been read and there may be the odd creased page or turned corner. But they remain a wealth of information for anyone interested in the history of the sport nonetheless.

The main collection I am looking to sell as a full run but the others will be available on a year by year basis. I'm not looking for a fortune so if they are of interest drop me a line with an offer.

They cost a fair bit to mail so ideally you will be close to Woking, in Surrey, and able to collect in person. Alternatively I have a van and could deliver at a sensible cost.
Old 30 Jan 2010, 19:28 (Ref:2622426)   #46
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ive got the entirety of 75-86 bound, plus 86-2002 unbound, and 1974 unbound. Except for a couple that is, including the race after Zolder 82 - I would love a copy of that if anyone has it?
Old 30 Jan 2010, 19:30 (Ref:2622427)   #47
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesRamone View Post
out of interest, why has your interest waned?

I stopped buying it in 2004, it really had lost its way, plus it lacked the balls it used to have. You just have to look at Pit & Paddock when Roebuck edited it to see what I mean.
Old 31 Jan 2010, 14:29 (Ref:2622821)   #48
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My earliest is Le Mans 1999, and I stopped buying in 2007 mainly because I go to the shops less than I used to. I still do love a good Autosport to read though.
Old 31 Jan 2010, 17:01 (Ref:2622932)   #49
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
I've just re-subscribed after a very pleasant young lady rang up and offered me six issues for £1. BTW if anyone has the issue from 13th December 1979 and would be happy to sell, please let me know.
Old 5 Feb 2010, 00:17 (Ref:2626960)   #50
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyf1 View Post
I still do love a good Autosport to read though.
Let us know if you find one.