Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Sep 2021, 11:31 (Ref:4071947)   #51
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ah Rouen. *looks starry eyed into the distance*
Old 4 Sep 2021, 11:34 (Ref:4071949)   #52
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
And then extended it again in 98/99
True but nothing like the original layout.
Old 4 Sep 2021, 11:58 (Ref:4071952)   #53
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Yes, but the beauty of the old circuit was lost under a golf course and holiday villas..... I guess we should be glad that the whole circuit wasn't erased like Rouen......

Part of the original last corner is still visible and I think one of the roads in the holiday resort is in line with part of the original layout

As for Rouen I think the only pieces of history they have kept is the chicane, which acts as a layby and the stairs at the hairpin. Otherwise it’s just most of the roads that exist
Old 4 Sep 2021, 13:05 (Ref:4071969)   #54
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Kubica to race this weekend!
Wow! Excited/nervous to see this.
Old 4 Sep 2021, 13:55 (Ref:4071973)   #55
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Qualifying is the first opportunity I've had to see F1 cars running at Zandvoort. I've seen quite a lot of saloon/touring car events over the years though...

I'm really struck by the lack of straight bits. And the undulation. And the banking. It seems to flow so, so well, but it bites!

Russell and Latifi out in Q1 and Q2. Norris and Vettel both out. Perez out.

Q3 will be interesting, especially with how quick Verstappen has been!
Old 4 Sep 2021, 13:59 (Ref:4071974)   #56
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Redbull Racing - what a Snyde bunch. Always moaning ….
Old 4 Sep 2021, 14:03 (Ref:4071976)   #57
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
"Looks like Latifi will finally get to out qualify Russell"
30 seconds later..... scratch that
Williams crew in for late night
Old 4 Sep 2021, 14:15 (Ref:4071981)   #58
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Someone's going to have to pull something very special out of the bag to get pole over Verstappen.
Old 4 Sep 2021, 14:25 (Ref:4071985)   #59
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Someone's going to have to pull something very special out of the bag to get pole over Verstappen.
Lewis put together a very good lap, but it wasn't enough. Max didn't have a great lap - very ragged, but still did it. Still pole. Well done
Old 4 Sep 2021, 14:33 (Ref:4071987)   #60
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Redbull Racing - what a Snyde bunch. Always moaning ….
If the other team are breaking the rules they deserve to be called out - same for all

rulez iz rulez
Old 4 Sep 2021, 14:34 (Ref:4071988)   #61
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
loving this track and a fun saturday
The fans are fantastic Glad Max got pole in Nederlands for them.

cant wait for the race!

Last edited by bathurst77; 4 Sep 2021 at 14:40.
Old 4 Sep 2021, 14:39 (Ref:4071989)   #62
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77 View Post
If the other team are breaking the rules they deserve to be called out - same for all

rulez iz rulez
Of course. And I'm sure race control appreciated it being brought to their attention.

The situation was compromised by the nature of the track (very busy) and the red flags. So an easy one for Red Bull's Mercedes observer to spot. He must have been delighted

I think Red Bull are also putting in a request for an increase to their budget cap to cover the cost of their three jobs of Junior Mercedes observer, Senior Mercedes observer and Head of Mercedes observations.
Old 4 Sep 2021, 16:20 (Ref:4072000)   #63
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
There is a decent section that is similar, but a length that has been lost to development.

this website shows the changes through the years well.

https://www.racingcircuits.info/euro...l#.YTNQgS33af1

It’s a website that has been with us for some times. Occasionally being lost, but then being resurrected. A bit like Zandvoort
I kinda meant not changed since it was last changed. The layout as we have had it for the last few decades has pretty much remained which is good to see.
Old 4 Sep 2021, 16:21 (Ref:4072001)   #64
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
On Max's final lap the DRS did not open fully so potentially he lost 0.2 for that.
Old 4 Sep 2021, 16:23 (Ref:4072002)   #65
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
On Max's final lap the DRS did not open fully so potentially he lost 0.2 for that.
ah, that explains the poor sector times.
Old 4 Sep 2021, 18:30 (Ref:4072015)   #66
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Loving the circuit, the direction changes and banked sections and the narrowness, real old school!
Old 4 Sep 2021, 18:35 (Ref:4072016)   #67
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Red Bull believe Mercedes are breaking the rules in qualifying then they should put there money where their mouth is, and protest the results of qualifying on the grounds that the Mercedes were not legal when leaving the garage.
Old 4 Sep 2021, 22:05 (Ref:4072046)   #68
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Part of the original last corner is still visible and I think one of the roads in the holiday resort is in line with part of the original layout
think they murdered that bit you're thinking of with the building of the last corner nonsense.
Old 5 Sep 2021, 10:00 (Ref:4072126)   #69
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I love Turn 3, so strange watching the overhead view and seeing them run out so much. It looks like they've run wide and are going off the track!

There then follows a really nice succession of corners. Satisfying to watch and would love to drive it. The last corner seems an easy run in qually, but could provide something tasty in the race.

Glad to see most Dutch fans not giving Hamilton a hostile reception from what I picked up on. It was naturally a muted one, but there was some respect, which is what you want.

Giovinazzi pulling out the stops at the right time - contract renewal time. Gasly and Leclerc reminded us of their class once again.
Old 5 Sep 2021, 13:38 (Ref:4072140)   #70
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Listening to this on Five Live after they finally got through every other major sport on the planet. Seems it's quite tense between Hamilton and Verstappen
Old 5 Sep 2021, 14:01 (Ref:4072143)   #71
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
It's a race that's being run by the strategists at the moment.

In surprising news, 45 laps in and serve only had one spin (Vettel) and no crashes. Mazepin pushed back into the garage a couple of laps back.

The first lap was *epic*. Two, three wide through the first few corners and only tiny bits of contact.
Old 5 Sep 2021, 14:56 (Ref:4072153)   #72
S griffin
Veteran

Sounds like it was a decent race and despite the fears, overtaking is possible there. And most important of all, we actually got a race this time. Max’s win has turned the title fight his way more.

Does Zandvoort deserve to remain on the calendar? Oh yes!
Old 5 Sep 2021, 15:46 (Ref:4072164)   #73
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I loved Bottas' "accidental" fastest lap which forced Lewis to pit and reset.

Richard
Old 5 Sep 2021, 16:10 (Ref:4072168)   #74
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
I loved Bottas' "accidental" fastest lap which forced Lewis to pit and reset.

Richard
Very funny

Very good win for Max there.
Old 5 Sep 2021, 16:57 (Ref:4072173)   #75
Taxi645
Veteran

Netherlands
Taxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTaxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
I love Turn 3, so strange watching the overhead view and seeing them run out so much. It looks like they've run wide and are going off the track!

There then follows a really nice succession of corners. Satisfying to watch and would love to drive it. The last corner seems an easy run in qually, but could provide something tasty in the race.

Glad to see most Dutch fans not giving Hamilton a hostile reception from what I picked up on. It was naturally a muted one, but there was some respect, which is what you want.

Giovinazzi pulling out the stops at the right time - contract renewal time. Gasly and Leclerc reminded us of their class once again.

Agreed on all accounts. Next year probably qualifying will be less intense with the slower cars, but in turn the race might be (even) better with the cars being more able to follow each other.
Constructive discussion: A conversion where participants are maximally open to yet critical of each others (and their own) arguments, with the intend of enhancing the knowledge, understanding and/or handling of it's subject.