Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 27 Oct 2013, 20:38 (Ref:3323842)   #2826
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is that a Red Bull I see on there?
Old 27 Oct 2013, 20:41 (Ref:3323845)   #2827
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
Nah, looks more like the places where the ACO-issues HY stickers can be seen on the Audi and the Toyota.
Old 27 Oct 2013, 20:53 (Ref:3323856)   #2828
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
Heck, I barely see a car there!

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Old 27 Oct 2013, 20:59 (Ref:3323857)   #2829
fausto
Veteran

Wales
fausto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMedic9019 View Post
Baseline test.
for sure, I was wondering about the sense of testing for five days on a track that isn't hosting a LeMansSeries race since years...Aston, Audi, Peugeot and Toyota used the track for private testing but I don't think that times are available to rival teams, even if Michelin is their common tires's supplier...
Old 27 Oct 2013, 21:02 (Ref:3323858)   #2830
Bandicoot17
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
Bandicoot17 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fausto View Post
for sure, I was wondering about the sense of testing for five days on a track that isn't hosting a LeMansSeries since years...Aston, Audi, Peugeot and Toyota used the track for private testing but I don't think that results aren't available to rival teams, even if Michelin is the common tires's supplier...
Camera suggests some filming too, maybe for promotions and videos?

Edit: Someone already suggested this :blush:
Old 27 Oct 2013, 21:21 (Ref:3323865)   #2831
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Heh, a picture leaked onto the web of a clearer shot of the back-end of the LMP1 on the front straight from what it seems.

However, the website that posted the picture is now down.

For those who are curious, it "was" at Endurance-Info.com. Have not been able to access the website for 30 minutes now.
Old 27 Oct 2013, 21:34 (Ref:3323872)   #2832
Bandicoot17
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
Bandicoot17 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Image is still out there

Old 27 Oct 2013, 21:36 (Ref:3323873)   #2833
fausto
Veteran

Wales
fausto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandicoot17 View Post
Camera suggests some filming too, maybe for promotions and videos?

Edit: Someone already suggested this :blush:
possibly, yesterday, late afternoon, a service van lapped the track a couple or three times, the last one a drone-copter was flying above it https://picasaweb.google.com/1180497...CPX_puWDtPr0fQ maybe that flying device will help monitoring pirate photographers
Old 27 Oct 2013, 21:43 (Ref:3323877)   #2834
kingers
Racer

kingers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Marc is on the Gold Coast in Australia racing in a V8supercar. I think he would have definitely skipped the v8 race for a crack in the LMP1 Prototype.
Old 27 Oct 2013, 21:46 (Ref:3323881)   #2835
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandicoot17 View Post
Image is still out there

Interesting little "flare" we see on the left side of the fin!
This does indicate a single exhaust outlet.
Old 27 Oct 2013, 22:02 (Ref:3323894)   #2836
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fausto View Post
for sure, I was wondering about the sense of testing for five days on a track that isn't hosting a LeMansSeries race since years...Aston, Audi, Peugeot and Toyota used the track for private testing but I don't think that times are available to rival teams, even if Michelin is their common tires's supplier...
This does not concern Porsche this year yet, but actually for sure could be available. If you don't know regs have this term called "open private testing". A team can have 10 days of "closed private tests", rest of them have to be informed to FIA which then informs other teams and the team that reserved the circuit can not forbid participation of other teams.
Old 27 Oct 2013, 22:06 (Ref:3323895)   #2837
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
That big red blotch is also on the right side, looking like a bull?
Old 27 Oct 2013, 22:15 (Ref:3323897)   #2838
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Nah, looks more like the places where the ACO-issues HY stickers can be seen on the Audi and the Toyota.
But there is only HY sticker in them. And in the pic both look about the same size, so the other doesn't seem like the number sticker either (and why would the test car have them anyway). Besides, the color looks way pinkier than the HY/number sticker red.

Red Bull, much more plausible, not all of logos have the same red:

Old 27 Oct 2013, 22:27 (Ref:3323900)   #2839
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
To me, there is missing the yellow parts of the Red Bull logo.
Also, the Red Bull logo is usually placed right behind the front wheel, instead of the rear wheel:

Old 27 Oct 2013, 22:37 (Ref:3323906)   #2840
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well... well it´s not easy to get a video right!!!!!

They are really hidding their game :-)
Old 27 Oct 2013, 22:52 (Ref:3323915)   #2841
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
They know how to keep a Hype going
Old 27 Oct 2013, 23:06 (Ref:3323920)   #2842
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Porsche are lucky there were some sub-standard photographers at Monza today
Old 27 Oct 2013, 23:12 (Ref:3323924)   #2843
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Porsche are lucky there were some sub-standard photographers at Monza today
Or they wait for someone daring enoung to purchase the pictures (well knowing it will result in likely legal actions from Porsche to publish them)
Old 27 Oct 2013, 23:24 (Ref:3323928)   #2844
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Monza is a public park so I don't see the problem? You can't test there and expect to keep anything a secret.

But yeah if I had some good stuff I'd sell it to AutoHebdo or something like that.

That's coming from a guy (me) who had a full-page photo printed in the Sunday Mirror in the UK today and didn't think to ask for any money.
Old 27 Oct 2013, 23:29 (Ref:3323929)   #2845
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Imo its a grey/white car with a big, red bull on the right side. No "red bull" lettering but just a single forward facing bull.
Old 27 Oct 2013, 23:38 (Ref:3323934)   #2846
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not sure why they'd bother sticking a Red Bull logo on a test livery in a test which no one in the public is meant to see. I'm sure there's a better explanation.
Old 27 Oct 2013, 23:50 (Ref:3323949)   #2847
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Not sure why they'd bother sticking a Red Bull logo on a test livery in a test which no one in the public is meant to see. I'm sure there's a better explanation.
There does seem to be a filming element to the test session so they could be evolving the livery a bit. But who knows. I'm not convinced it's a RB logo.
Old 27 Oct 2013, 23:58 (Ref:3323956)   #2848
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Hmm... remember the Vodafone & fake-936 ad? The tone of the red color would match that even better.
Old 28 Oct 2013, 00:08 (Ref:3323959)   #2849
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Hmm... remember the Vodafone & fake-936 ad? The tone of the red color would match that even better.
Ooooo there we go.

Leaving McLaren for Porsche? Kudos if you've called that right.
Old 28 Oct 2013, 00:10 (Ref:3323961)   #2850
yamato
Racer

yamato should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I believe that it is not a logo of any kind. It looks to be the same pink tape that was used on the RS Spyder. It's holding some sort of color pallet on the sides of the car.