Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 23 Jul 2018, 18:50 (Ref:3838345)   #251
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
In any case, I hope we see Force India still in F1 for some time yet
Old 23 Jul 2018, 19:10 (Ref:3838351)   #252
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Me too. I’m not too wrapped up in them remaining “Force India”, as they’ve been through so many name changes, but it would be a crying shame if the team folded altogether.
Old 24 Jul 2018, 08:40 (Ref:3838443)   #253
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
With Stroll buying the team, Lance driving the car maybe they can change the name into Farce India...
Old 24 Jul 2018, 11:03 (Ref:3838473)   #254
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Stroll isn’t that bad. He may not be the next Fangio but he’s a respectable pedaller.
Old 24 Jul 2018, 15:13 (Ref:3838521)   #255
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I agree, although it seems Stroll hasn’t built on the flashes of form he showed last season
Old 24 Jul 2018, 19:16 (Ref:3838568)   #256
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
A bad car, a team at loss to find the reason for that, two (almost) rookie drivers, no testing allowed.
Result: bad remains bad. (*)

I don't think it's fair to put the all the blame on the drivers.

(*) Not too dissimilar to McLaren - apart from the driver scenario of course
Old 24 Jul 2018, 19:17 (Ref:3838569)   #257
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
A bad car, a team at loss to find the reason for that, two (almost) rookie drivers, no testing allowed.
Result: bad remains bad.

Not too dissimilar to McLaren - apart from the driver scenario of course
This is the FI thread...
Old 24 Jul 2018, 23:26 (Ref:3838626)   #258
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And how is his comment not related to the possibility of FI being purchased by the Stroll family and thus putting Stroll in a car that seems to be sliding backwards. Adding a driver who can't interpret what the car is doing or needs isn't going to help them advance back to best of the rest
Old 25 Jul 2018, 08:05 (Ref:3838649)   #259
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
This is the FI thread...
I know. I was commenting on Stroll (junior).
At this stage of the season and his career, I don't think it's fair to put all the blame on him.
Old 25 Jul 2018, 08:15 (Ref:3838654)   #260
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
How about Red Bull buy it and relocate the Benz into RBR?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 25 Jul 2018, 09:07 (Ref:3838662)   #261
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
You think they need three teams?
Old 25 Jul 2018, 09:23 (Ref:3838671)   #262
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
You think they need three teams?
If it gives them Merc engines, they probably do....
Old 25 Jul 2018, 09:57 (Ref:3838673)   #263
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
I’m not a contract lawyer by any means but I’m pretty confident MB could withdraw the supply under those circumstances.
Old 25 Jul 2018, 10:23 (Ref:3838677)   #264
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
I’m not a contract lawyer by any means but I’m pretty confident MB could withdraw the supply under those circumstances.
I think you're right, contracts I bet were checked and amended after Ferrari Renault switch.
Old 25 Jul 2018, 10:48 (Ref:3838682)   #265
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I agree, although it seems Stroll hasn’t built on the flashes of form he showed last season
The Williams supposedly has an aero instability. I.e., inconsistent downforce, downforce disappearing when initially turning the front wheels due to poor vortex control in yaw.
The vortices that both pull the front wheel wakes way from the car, and the bargeboard vortices which go under the car to maximise the low pressure below the floor are very important.

If the front wheel wakes will be leaking in towards the middle of the car due to poor behaviour in yaw, the downforce produced by the floor can be reduced greatly. So the driver will lose aero grip just as he needs to car to stick on the corner entry.

Even Kubica complained that it was undrivable.

It's not a mechanical setup issue that the driver can tune with his engineer, and therefore is hardly the driver's fault!

This is a pre-2009 car, but the principle applies. That strong blue vortex core generated by the flow under the nose and the bargeboards is very important. If Williams Y250 and outer endplate vortices break down at front wheel yaw, then the front wheel wakes won't be properly spat away out the sides from the important "working" air of the car that goes under the floor.

This is the front wing vortex functions:

Last edited by V8 Fireworks; 25 Jul 2018 at 10:57.
Old 25 Jul 2018, 12:17 (Ref:3838709)   #266
wnut
Veteran

You have to wonder what William's were thinking when they had the car in the wind tunnel, the thing has to go around corners and that is where you need to generate the downforce.
Old 25 Jul 2018, 12:58 (Ref:3838715)   #267
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
You have to wonder what William's were thinking when they had the car in the wind tunnel, the thing has to go around corners and that is where you need to generate the downforce.
My speculation is that I would assume that everything looked good in CFD and maybe the same in the tunnel. They are probably lost due to lack of correlation between reality and their simulations. Until that is resolved, it’s hard to trust the numbers coming out of CFD and tunnel when creating fixes.

Also the scenario described above (vortices moving as wheels are turned) might be hard to detect in a tunnel give the dynamic nature of the scenario. I have no idea if it’s possible to manipulate the attitude of the car and wheel angle dynamically while in the tunnel. Especially if using a rolling road.

Richard
Old 25 Jul 2018, 18:14 (Ref:3838764)   #268
S griffin
Veteran

They looked a bit better in Germany, so let's hope their problems get sorted soon
Old 25 Jul 2018, 19:22 (Ref:3838773)   #269
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
The midfield is so tight.
Old 28 Jul 2018, 05:01 (Ref:3839215)   #270
EastonNeston
Veteran

EastonNeston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It seems the end is near for the current ownership

https://www.motorsportweek.com/joesa...edium=facebook
Old 28 Jul 2018, 05:47 (Ref:3839217)   #271
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
The End.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/44984140

https://in.reuters.com/article/motor...-idINKBN1KH1WY
Old 28 Jul 2018, 06:00 (Ref:3839219)   #272
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Rich Energy Racing not very happy.

Rich Energy: Despite a last minute £30m cash injection from Rich Energy the court has today put Force India F1 into administration. A tragic and avoidable outcome orchestrated by Mercedes AMG, Sergio Perez, Julian Jakobi and BWT. Disgraceful.

Sergio Perez was lead petitioner for administration with a claim for 4m and Mercedes AMG were largest claimant at court today. So (incredibly) the team's driver & engine supplier were key in putting it under in concerted effort to force administration, and sabotage shareholders.

Interesting. Perez and Mercedes behind it all it seems.

Old 28 Jul 2018, 06:02 (Ref:3839220)   #273
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So, with plenty of alleged purchasers do we now see a dutch auction between billionaires with racing sons take place (Stroll and Mazepin) Mazepin is already a sponsor of FI through his Ukralis fertilizer empire, and his son Nikita, currently in GP3, was due to test in the post Hungary rookie test as part of his development driver role 'purchased' with said sponsorship in 2016.

Hopefully the outcome will see the continuation of the team rather than sinking without trace.
Old 28 Jul 2018, 06:40 (Ref:3839226)   #274
EastonNeston
Veteran

EastonNeston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If a buyer is already lined up, removing the current shareholders, may be the best thing for the business. Both Mallaya & Roy have serious legal issues and have no longer are able to provide the funds to run the business and pay their suppliers.
The creditors, Lead by Mercedes AMG & Perez, were right to take action to recover the monies owed to them.
Old 28 Jul 2018, 07:15 (Ref:3839235)   #275
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Not the end - just in administration. A buyer or funds injection does need to be found however - otherwise it could actually be the end.

Can't say that I blame Perez or Benz for initiating winding up proceedings if they haven't been paid - highly unlikely that they'd do that unless all other attempts to chase monies owed had not delivered.

Maybe with a new owner the team could get a more "classy" name again - possibly even go back to its roots and rename the team "Jordan" if Eddie is OK for his name to appear on the team again.

Tags
diageo, force india, formula 1