Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 18 Apr 2016, 01:01 (Ref:3634261)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
[VASC16R8R9] Perth SuperSprint, Barbagallo Raceway - 6-8May

The West is calling...

7 races so far, 6 different winners...

All 4 marques are competitive, if not all teams.

Who will be the team to beat in WA...?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 18 Apr 2016, 02:59 (Ref:3634276)   #2
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Does anyone know what day the Adrian Burgess press release will come out saying HRT know where they're going wrong and that this will be the round they turn the corner? I can never remember if its the Monday or the Tuesday of race week.
Old 18 Apr 2016, 03:13 (Ref:3634280)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Does anyone know what day the Adrian Burgess press release will come out saying HRT know where they're going wrong and that this will be the round they turn the corner? I can never remember if its the Monday or the Tuesday of race week.
HRT are turning the corner, just slower than many of their competition...

Old 18 Apr 2016, 03:53 (Ref:3634286)   #4
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
8-9 May?

Racing on Monday should improve the traffic congestion at Barbargello.
Old 18 Apr 2016, 04:25 (Ref:3634295)   #5
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Fords were quick here last year. hopefully they will get there first win this year

Chaz to have a bit of good luck
Old 6 May 2016, 07:59 (Ref:3639071)   #6
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Was there a practice session or two today?
Old 6 May 2016, 22:26 (Ref:3639301)   #7
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Found it:
Quote:
Drivers Courtney and Garth Tander were barred from speaking to media about a recent test day as team boss Adrian Burgess attempts to keep public expectations in check.
Courtney has however revealed that a recent debrief sparked a turning point in how the team operates, which is hoped will improve on track performance.
“We had a ‘come to Jesus moment’ a few weeks ago,” he said.
from here: http://www.speedcafe.com/2016/05/07/...olden-backing/
Old 6 May 2016, 23:27 (Ref:3639311)   #8
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:

JC's turn this race, Reckon GT next race, AB the one after, somewhere clsoer to bathurst we should get a RW one
Old 7 May 2016, 00:24 (Ref:3639317)   #9
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
To paraphrase a saying: Winners have parties, losers have debriefs.
Old 7 May 2016, 00:40 (Ref:3639319)   #10
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
Was there a practice session or two today?
There were, the results were up and down like the weather.

There were a few surprises in the 2nd session, Mr D'Alberto was at or near the top for quite a bit of that session..
Old 7 May 2016, 06:15 (Ref:3639345)   #11
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Every one of these guys complaining about the red has a legit beef.
Old 7 May 2016, 07:40 (Ref:3639357)   #12
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Rains a lot in Perth apparently.
Old 7 May 2016, 09:25 (Ref:3639372)   #13
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Interesting race.

Would've been an awesome tale, to see the Volvos come out swinging off the back of their form at PI, but alas it was not to be.
Old 7 May 2016, 09:45 (Ref:3639376)   #14
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Volvo are useless. No wonder they're running away.
Old 8 May 2016, 01:21 (Ref:3639961)   #15
m00neelee
Rookie

m00neelee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS33 View Post
Volvo are useless. No wonder they're running away.
Yep, useless. Just look at this years figures:

Pole Positions - 2 (2nd)
Fastest laps - 3 (2nd)
Race Wins - 2 (2nd)
Round Wins - 1 (2nd)
Driver Standings - 3rd
Team Standing - 3rd

There isn't a team that would be embarrassed by those stats (apart from maybe 888).
Old 8 May 2016, 02:20 (Ref:3639968)   #16
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by m00neelee View Post

Pole Positions - 2 (2nd)
Fastest laps - 3 (2nd)
Race Wins - 2 (2nd)
Round Wins - 1 (2nd)
Driver Standings - 3rd
Team Standing - 3rd

There isn't a team that would be embarrassed by those stats (apart from maybe 888).
DNF's seem to be missing from your list.
Old 8 May 2016, 02:58 (Ref:3639972)   #17
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:

Pole Positions - 2 (2nd)
Fastest laps - 3 (2nd)
Race Wins - 2 (2nd)
Round Wins - 1 (2nd)
Driver Standings - 3rd
Team Standing - 3rd

Is that it? Pretty lame.
Old 8 May 2016, 04:03 (Ref:3639977)   #18
m00neelee
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
DNF's seem to be missing from your list.

Number of DNF's - 0
Number of non-lead lap finishes - 2
Old 8 May 2016, 04:11 (Ref:3639979)   #19
m00neelee
Rookie

Quote:
Is that it? Pretty lame.
And out comes the pre-teen "I can't substantiate what I say so i'll just say any crap that pops out of my mouth."

Care to provide your statistics for this year to compare against GRM & Volvo's "useless" stats?

Volvo have done what they set out to do. They announced they were withdrawing from ALL motorsport last year, so the decision not to renew their contract was to be expected. This is exactly what they did the last two times that Volvo were involved in motorsport in Australia (Group A & Supertourers).

The only surprise was that Volvo Cars Australia tried to negotiate the contract renewal on their own, and appear to have had their wrist slapped by Volvo head office.
Old 8 May 2016, 04:13 (Ref:3639980)   #20
Ospi
Veteran

Ospi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOspi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
And out comes the pre-teen "I can't substantiate what I say so i'll just say any crap that pops out of my mouth."

Care to provide your statistics for this year to compare against GRM & Volvo's "useless" stats?

Volvo have done what they set out to do. They announced they were withdrawing from ALL motorsport last year, so the decision not to renew their contract was to be expected. This is exactly what they did the last two times that Volvo were involved in motorsport in Australia (Group A & Supertourers).

The only surprise was that Volvo Cars Australia tried to negotiate the contract renewal on their own, and appear to have had their wrist slapped by Volvo head office.
It's not worth putting in effort to reply to him, his only purpose here is trolling to get a rise out of people. If you don't give him what he wants he might get bored.
Old 8 May 2016, 04:42 (Ref:3639983)   #21
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
Good riddance to Volvo. We don't need pretenders in our series.
Old 8 May 2016, 07:27 (Ref:3640000)   #22
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
That was a good finish......Ford win something..
Old 8 May 2016, 07:48 (Ref:3640002)   #23
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Even better to see Volvo get the win after their rough week, but alas it was still a great finish. Was laughing my head off when Russell finally went for the pass to unlap himself, good for him, Winterbottom should have just let him by and would have lost far less time. But in the end none of them had tyres anyway.

Scotty did a great job considering where he started and ran in the first stint, to catch all the way up to Winterbottom at the end was great. He's now doing to Moffat what he's done to all previous teammates. It would be good to see him against a top driver at some stage, see how he stacks up. Could an HRT door be opening in future?

Pither finally put in a good drive for once, but it didn't really pay off as he somehow slipped out of the top 10. Maybe he used all his best tyres in the first half.

RK did well too. Whincup strangely nowhere near the pace of CL and SVG.
Old 8 May 2016, 07:54 (Ref:3640005)   #24
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
9 races, 8 winners!

Wow!
Old 8 May 2016, 08:56 (Ref:3640024)   #25
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Good riddance to Volvo. We don't need pretenders in our series.
Volvo are more valuable to the series than melbourne storm are to the NRL though.