Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 5 Apr 2018, 13:32 (Ref:3812978)   #1
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Sebring 12H + WEC 2019

You all probably have read about this by now and I'm putting this one up early as the rumblings make it sound like quite a few of you chilled-to-the-bones UK folks out there are interested to come over and soak up the Florida sun and heat!

https://sebringraceway.com/news/300-...durance-racing

What is a fact is that CFR (Central Florida Region)-SCCA will need lots of flaggers/marshals/corners workers to staff their stations and the days will be long and jam-packed with on-track action so they need all the qualified help they can get!

I'm intending on keeping this post up to the top of the page so keep looking for regular updates. Registration will be thru the CFR website https://cfrscca.org/welcome/pro-racing/ in due course.

Shoot any questions or inquiries you might have please.

Hope to see lots of you there!
Old 6 Apr 2018, 12:08 (Ref:3813218)   #2
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hadn't occurred to me that the WEC wouldn't be taking in the hours but running an entirely separate event. And on a Friday. Odd decision.

Would be a wonderful event to play at, although I don't think it would be possible for me unfortunately.
Old 6 Aug 2018, 10:09 (Ref:3841807)   #3
kilomike
Rookie

England
Warwick
kilomike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for posting this info. I was about fire off a general enquiry about the 12 hours 2019. Presumably now that I have registered with them I will get information about next year's events?
Old 18 Aug 2018, 18:10 (Ref:3844510)   #4
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
For my understanding, what do you mean with "now that I have registered with them"?
Old 26 Sep 2018, 13:41 (Ref:3852776)   #5
Coach Ep
Veteran

Provisional event schedule was released last week and, as expected, it sure looks exhausting...
Full (albeit not yet official) efforts are being made to persuade more workers/marshals to sign up in order to be able to run a shift system which would offer sufficient recovery time.

- 2019 Provisional schedule

- example of 2018 IMSA F&C and Safety/Intervention guidelines

Again, registration will go up in due course (in previous years it didn't open until after the Rolex 24 at the end of January): https://cfrscca.org/welcome/pro-raci...ation-process/

The current application process was implemented a few years ago to prevent very inexperienced and newbies signing up as there is no room for proper training/to 'chaperone' at this event - certainly not in 2019. That being said, there shouldn't be any reason for CFR-SCCA to turn down applications being made by marshals with proper flagging experience (at least a number years, preferably some internationally and endurance racing as well), being comfortable on the radio and are familiar with ACO style procedures.

Keep in mind these are not official requirements, I'm merely trying to offer guidelines and help.

Also, interventions might be very limited/not existent for this event as US style racing is very different from British/Euro style in that regard (no official word from WEC has been given about the subject at this point, we'll keep you posted).

Last but not least, the St. Pete IndyCar Grand Prix is the preceding weekend so if you're gonna make this a vacation trip you might as well consider fitting that one in!

Hope to meet many of you next March in warm Florida!

Last edited by Coach Ep; 26 Sep 2018 at 13:49.
Old 26 Sep 2018, 16:43 (Ref:3852808)   #6
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Is it wrong of me to be chuckling at the following instruction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMSA 2018 FLAGGING, COMMUNICATION AND SAFETY / INTERVENTION GUIDELINES

Do not direct the powder stream from a dry chem extinguisher at a driver’s head.
Old 26 Sep 2018, 17:21 (Ref:3852815)   #7
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Is it wrong of me to be chuckling at the following instruction?
No!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
soak up the Florida sun and heat!
I'd like to point out that the 2017 event got down into the lower 30s overnight. But yes, generally very warm.

And should be a good crowd of marshals eh?
Old 27 Sep 2018, 02:59 (Ref:3852881)   #8
Coach Ep
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
No!

I'd like to point out that the 2017 event got down into the lower 30s overnight. But yes, generally very warm.

And should be a good crowd of marshals eh?
Haha, and the occasional rainshower as well! Since having moved to warm OK I deal with the FL heat much better.

Hope there'll be lots of marshals, good developments going on and CFR (Central Florida Region)-SCCA is pulling all stops to make the event doable. They are now considering offering free camping facilities for marshals (tents + sleeping gear) so hopefully no one will have to worry about lodging. Details to follow asap.

Also, expect the online application to become active soon (hopefully as early as some time next week)!
Old 27 Sep 2018, 03:08 (Ref:3852882)   #9
Coach Ep
Veteran

Ow, one more 'requirement' (and it's an important one):

MSA (or license issuing ASN equivalent) approval letter for marshaling abroad. Sometimes also referred to as 'authorisation' letter (in some non UK countries).
Old 27 Sep 2018, 13:18 (Ref:3852961)   #10
Coach Ep
Veteran

Here's more info about the camping plan that CFR is trying to get up (hope the link works):

https://www.facebook.com/groups/CFRS...6073989303003/
Old 7 Nov 2018, 15:37 (Ref:3861645)   #11
Coach Ep
Veteran

Sebring 12H/WEC 1000 miles registration for marshals is now open!

Registration is now open (not just Sebring but for all three Pro races hosted by SCCA-CFR):

http://cfrscca.org/welcome/pro-racin...BoGm811UFz_h1o

Sunny and warm Florida is waiting for you!