Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

View Poll Results: Best BTCC circuit?
Brands Hatch Indy 3 9.38%
Donington Park 2 6.25%
Thruxton 2 6.25%
Oulton Park 1 3.13%
Croft 1 3.13%
Snetterton 2 6.25%
Knockhill 13 40.63%
Rockingham 2 6.25%
Silverstone 1 3.13%
Brands Hatch GP 5 15.63%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 31 Jan 2021, 14:06 (Ref:4032483)   #1
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
BTCC circuits

Which is the best BTCC circuit?
Old 31 Jan 2021, 14:10 (Ref:4032485)   #2
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
I included Rockingham in the poll because I miss it

This would be my ranking:

1. Brands Hatch GP
2. Silverstone
3. Snetterton
4. Donington Park
5. Brands Hatch Indy
6. Thruxton
7. Rockingham
8. Knockhill
9. Croft
10. Oulton Park
Old 31 Jan 2021, 14:40 (Ref:4032492)   #3
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Hmm very tough to pick, each has plenty of good things.

Brands Hatch is a challenge, both Indy and GP, probably GP more
Donington has a nice flow and always provides great racing, plus it's a great spectator's venue
Thruxton is a proper flat out blast
Oulton, proper old school circuit
Croft one of the best spectator venues, plus the layout always leads plenty of overtaking opportunities
Snetterton, interesting layout, but probably not as good as the others
Knockhill always provides great action due to it's tight nature
Rockingham had a great technical layout that helped provide good racing
Silverstone, the home of British motorsport, the layout means plenty of great slipstreaming action

On balance I will go for Donny
Old 31 Jan 2021, 18:06 (Ref:4032594)   #4
BTCC frog
Veteran

My reasoning for picking Brands Hatch GP as the best track is that it is really the only track where two drivers can run side by side for nearly an entire lap (with the possible exception of Silverstone, hence second place). Josh Cook and Ash Sutton gave us a perfect demonstration of that in the 2018 season finale, but it quite often happens. I also think that the Paddock Hill Bend up to Druids section is probably the best cornering sequence in the world for touring car racing. It is the perfect venue, in my opinion, for the season finale.
Old 1 Feb 2021, 10:46 (Ref:4032748)   #5
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Brands Hatch is more about the challenge. But we still get plenty of good racing there. I'd say Silverstone is more likely to produce close racing. And yes it was good to see that Cook vs Sutton battle in 2018, shows what can happen when two cars of different characters can do on that circuit. Let's see what 2021 brings on the Brands Hatch GP. It is still one of the best circuits in the UK and seeing tin tops go round there is really breathtaking. It's great whatever series runs there and whatever time of year it is
Old 1 Feb 2021, 11:06 (Ref:4032753)   #6
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just to clarify - we're talking about the national layout of Silverstone that the BTCC uses?
Old 1 Feb 2021, 11:08 (Ref:4032754)   #7
BTCC frog
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Just to clarify - we're talking about the national layout of Silverstone that the BTCC uses?
Yes, the national circuit.
Old 1 Feb 2021, 14:12 (Ref:4032804)   #8
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd say all of the BTCC circuits have something good about them. I like the variety and races at all circuits are just good to watch. I couldn't pick the best. To be fair, in comparison to many international series, like WTCR for instance, BTCC is blessed to be able to race at many old-school tracks, which are not super-wide and super-flat. That's really cool even though they've been visiting the same circuits for years and they're all in one country.

Neverthelees, I'd love to see some new tracks, shame that CoW and Lake Torrent will never happen. Adding at least one of them to the calendar (not to replace any of the existing tracks!) would spice things up. It'd be also great to have BTCC race at a street circuit, Supercars show it can be thrilling to watch.

On a more realistic note, I was really looking forward to see the BTCC on the International layout of Silverstone and still hope (probably foolishly) that they'll race there one day.
Old 1 Feb 2021, 17:59 (Ref:4032862)   #9
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I said Brands Indy because the viewing experience as a trackside punter is unparalleled.

1. Brands Hatch Indy
2. Oulton Park
3. Donington Park
4. Thruxton
5. Brands Hatch GP
6. Snetterton
7. Croft
8. Knockhill
9. Rockingham
10. Silverstone

I could use any criteria for this poll, what are the tracks like to drive? What are the tracks like to view from trackside? What the tracks like to view on TV? What they are like to race on virtual sim wise? Are they good to photograph from? So I have kinda absorbed all those elements and put them above. Ive only ever driven on two of the tracks myself but ive photographed most of them (from just behind the fence type deal as an unwashed member of the public). Silverstone is so anti photographer its untrue, so that gets a black mark. Brands Hatch is becoming a bit like that now and so is Donington. Rockingham is just horrible in my eyes, ive been 3-4 times but I always hated the place so I think its not a great loss.

Last edited by Sodemo; 1 Feb 2021 at 18:06.
Old 4 Feb 2021, 19:47 (Ref:4033506)   #10
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
i like the brands hatch indy circuit as from several places i can see all of the circuit.