Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 15 Aug 2006, 11:01 (Ref:1683078)   #1
Sheanerep
Rookie

Sheanerep should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Go racing for €650

Sheane cars is offering a deal to let novice drivers go racing. We're trying to give people a taste of single-seat racing. If you've always wanted to give it a go (and looking at the threads on this site a lot of people do want a shot) check out the deal on www.formulasheane.ie. We're offering a brand new Formula Vee, a days testing, a days racing, full factory support and all the gear for €650. All you have to do is show up with a race licence, we'll bring the car, fuel, tyres and drivers to give you advice.

There's a limited number of cars available, so there may be a bit of a wait, but we still should be able to get quite a few people out this season.

(Hopefully some of those will be people swapping orange jump-suits for nomex ones. It'd be good to see you guys out!)

Last edited by Sheanerep; 15 Aug 2006 at 11:07.
Old 15 Aug 2006, 11:13 (Ref:1683086)   #2
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
LOL - if we did that, you wouldn't be racing - we don't have enough people to lose them to the Dark Side.......

It's good to see you guys working with the Vees to get more folks out racing.

If I could make a suggestion, if you've not done it already, why not contact the IKC and see if they'll do a feature on their site. A lot of their lads (and lasses) are interested in single seater racing.

Do warn us when your newbies are out though, won't you!

Suprised not to see you on the calendar for the Festival at Kirky at the end of the month - any plans to make a guest appearance?
Old 15 Aug 2006, 11:32 (Ref:1683099)   #3
Sheanerep
Rookie

What's the IKC? We3'd love to make a guest appearance at Kirky, but at this stage I suspect we'll die of exhaustion if we have any more races; Pembrey and the Park were extraordinarily tiring, and we've got the Leinster Trophy coming up as well.

Plus David has some plans that are taking up a lot of our time, but should make next season very interesting...
Old 15 Aug 2006, 11:36 (Ref:1683104)   #4
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Irish Karting Club - they're up at Mondello on 3rd September, so get some posters up!

Ooooh interesting plans...... c'mon spill the gossip!
Old 15 Aug 2006, 11:44 (Ref:1683115)   #5
Sheanerep
Rookie

Aaaahhh...

Good idea. Except Sheane Cars are doing it as an introduction for total novices. Karters and previous drivers need to talk to them about arrive-and-drive packages in Vee or Formula Sheane Scholarship.

And I could tell you the plans, but then David would have to kill both of us...
Old 15 Aug 2006, 11:52 (Ref:1683125)   #6
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Hmmm well I hear on the grapevine that Jennifer_NI is looking to get out in a Vee, so that might be your first customer!
Old 16 Aug 2006, 07:14 (Ref:1683883)   #7
Doc Hollywood
Racer

Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
Doc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDoc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDoc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ive just sent Jennifer the link! She wants to get out in my car but this sounds like a far better idea!

It would save a fairly long walk home if she bends it!
Old 16 Aug 2006, 08:30 (Ref:1683929)   #8
Jennifer_ni
Clears incidents with the POWER OF HER MIND!
Racer

Ireland
Co-Kildare
Jennifer_ni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJennifer_ni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wanna go! I wanna go!! Can i have a go??!!
Old 16 Aug 2006, 10:02 (Ref:1683993)   #9
Sheanerep
Rookie

Jennifer,

of course you can. Have you raced before? Do you have a race licence? And how's your availability?
Old 16 Aug 2006, 10:16 (Ref:1684008)   #10
Jennifer_ni
Racer

Ireland
Co-Kildare
Jennifer_ni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJennifer_ni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have just been to motorsport ireland and got the race pack to get my licence!! Will this be running in kirkistown or just mondello? I am available when i get my licence, any weekend as i am there marshaling anyway when there is an event on!!
Old 16 Aug 2006, 10:17 (Ref:1684010)   #11
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
[surrogate mother mode]oh dear. As if one of them wasn't bad enough.[/surrogate mother mode]
Old 16 Aug 2006, 10:22 (Ref:1684014)   #12
Jennifer_ni
Racer

Ireland
Co-Kildare
Dont worry, i promise if im going to crash i will do it at you post ter so i will be in the best posible hands!! lol
Old 16 Aug 2006, 10:23 (Ref:1684016)   #13
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Old 16 Aug 2006, 10:34 (Ref:1684025)   #14
Sheanerep
Rookie

Mondello or Kirkistown, either one is available. I'll put you in touch with David and we'll set something up. Send your contact details to me by private message.

(and at least try not to crash. It's a brand new car...)

(and just know that if you miss one yellow flag you will never be allowed to live it down.......)
Old 16 Aug 2006, 10:43 (Ref:1684033)   #15
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheanerep
And I could tell you the plans, but then David would have to kill both of us...
Can you tell us PART of the plan and just have David beat us up a little??
Old 16 Aug 2006, 10:51 (Ref:1684044)   #16
Sheanerep
Rookie

Once David starts a beating... He finishes it...

The plans aren't definite yet, so I can't leak 'em, but as soon as David gives the go ahead you'll be the first to know..

Last edited by Sheanerep; 16 Aug 2006 at 10:53.
Old 16 Aug 2006, 11:12 (Ref:1684060)   #17
Jennifer_ni
Racer

Ireland
Co-Kildare
Quote:
(and just know that if you miss one yellow flag you will never be allowed to live it down.......)
Tell me about it!! I'll be able to see it from the other side now!! So long as i dont have the curse of EP's blue flag!!
Old 16 Aug 2006, 11:18 (Ref:1684061)   #18
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Old 16 Aug 2006, 12:21 (Ref:1684129)   #19
Jennifer_ni
Racer

Ireland
Co-Kildare
Its official im booked into mondello to do the course for my licence on friday!!
Old 16 Aug 2006, 13:12 (Ref:1684181)   #20
Sheanerep
Rookie

And another one moves over to the Dark Side....

Now practice these phrases; "I was down on power", "I couldn't get third gear", "My throttle kept sticking", "The brake pedal went soft", "I had a mis-fire", "The clutch was slipping". (After the course in Mondello, we'll cover advanced excuses like tyre-delamination and blown shocks...)
Old 16 Aug 2006, 13:13 (Ref:1684182)   #21
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Old 16 Aug 2006, 13:18 (Ref:1684195)   #22
Jennifer_ni
Racer

Ireland
Co-Kildare
Quote:
And another one moves over to the Dark Side....

Now practice these phrases; "I was down on power", "I couldn't get third gear", "My throttle kept sticking", "The brake pedal went soft", "I had a mis-fire", "The clutch was slipping". (After the course in Mondello, we'll cover advanced excuses like tyre-delamination and blown shocks...)
I've already used the gear one so im getting there, when i done the school last year with the marshals club i couldnt get 4th gear so i was well of the pace!! Lets hope i wont need any of the other excuses!!
Old 16 Aug 2006, 13:20 (Ref:1684198)   #23
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
And of course don't forget "The other guy" - they're always at fault and they always did it deliberately (whatever "it" may be! )

And if all else fails "they're ganging up on me because I'm a girl".

I believe that's been quite successful in some of the tin top classes
Old 16 Aug 2006, 13:25 (Ref:1684208)   #24
Jennifer_ni
Racer

Ireland
Co-Kildare
I'll prob be at the back so i dont think there will be any fear of the other guy!! Alough i'll keep it in mind just incase all else fails!!
Old 16 Aug 2006, 15:14 (Ref:1684299)   #25
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I hope you'll have a Ten-Tenths sticker on the car when you're racing Jen!