Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 15 Jul 2009, 06:41 (Ref:2502007)   #1
HFJ Drifter
Rookie

United Kingdom
New Forest
HFJ Drifter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
STOLEN: Titan Formula Ford

Posting this on behalf of Tony Steele, lets see if we can find this car.

Stolen Cars

· Tony Steele has had his Titan Formula Ford stolen along a Brian James trailer & the starter for his 500.
· The Trailer is a Black and white large 4 wheel Brian James Reg Plate on it is; L7 DGG.
· The Titan has a Black body, wide nose, grey chassis, nickel susps. No race number. Frame number 71624. Car not quite completed.
· The Start Buggy is nearly new in red, cream & black. No chassis number. Eng No not known - the builder has no records. Has Prepared by Tony Steele stickers on it.
· Please contact Tony immediately if you have any leads on tony.steele@homecall.co.uk / 015242 61668
Old 15 Jul 2009, 06:45 (Ref:2502013)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Copied to Formula Ford and Racers Forums.
Old 15 Jul 2009, 07:01 (Ref:2502020)   #3
HFJ Drifter
Rookie

United Kingdom
New Forest
Thanks Peter.
Old 15 Jul 2009, 14:11 (Ref:2502247)   #4
ROB IS THE STIG
Veteran

England
Paddock Hill Bend Brands Hatch!!
ROB IS THE STIG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where was this stolen from??
Old 16 Jul 2009, 09:24 (Ref:2502646)   #5
HFJ Drifter
Rookie

United Kingdom
New Forest
From near Tonys home at Lancaster.
Old 16 Jul 2009, 18:42 (Ref:2502929)   #6
dikko
Veteran

United Kingdom
Herts
dikko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have posted to 3,000 Caterham/Lotus 7 bunch on their website.

Hope you find & scrag the thieving B*%$££'s.
Old 29 Jul 2009, 11:37 (Ref:2510672)   #7
HFJ Drifter
Rookie

United Kingdom
New Forest
Photos of the Titan are here: http://www.formulajunior.com/News/St...ny_Steele.html
Old 12 Aug 2009, 17:08 (Ref:2520341)   #8
Gary Critcher
Racer

England
London, England, UK
Gary Critcher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I do hope you have some good news soon, Tony. It just begs the question, what do these people think they are going to do with it?? Obviously, the trailer they can sell, but the car??
Old 14 Aug 2009, 09:16 (Ref:2521234)   #9
HFJ Drifter
Rookie

United Kingdom
New Forest
No news as of yet, the car must be somewhere.
Old 7 Oct 2009, 07:29 (Ref:2555663)   #10
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Any news? If not, it's not looking good.
Old 1 Jan 2010, 09:17 (Ref:2606983)   #11
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Presumably still not recovered, sadly, but I'm now 'unsticking' this thread, now. However, if there is any good news, please let us know.
Old 1 Jan 2010, 10:29 (Ref:2607010)   #12
Derwent Motorsp
Veteran

Scotland
Cumbria
Derwent Motorsp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's difficult to know where a car like that would end up. In the historic racing scene it would surely be recognised?
I've heard that there are some fairly dodgy folk in autograss racing and I suppose a simple space frame car like an FF would make a good basis for a grass tracker?
Old 1 Jan 2010, 10:34 (Ref:2607011)   #13
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Yes, I think that it would not get away unnoticed in mainstream historic racing, so we have to assume the worst, unfortunately. Hope we are wrong though.
Old 23 Nov 2010, 14:51 (Ref:2794732)   #14
HFJ Drifter
Rookie

United Kingdom
New Forest
Just had an update from Tony.
It appears that the Titan has been found and is still complete. Tonys just waiting for more info from the police.
Old 23 Nov 2010, 15:50 (Ref:2794756)   #15
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good news indeed. Hope he gets it back in reasonable condition.
Old 23 Nov 2010, 16:17 (Ref:2794768)   #16
Peter Dunne
Tea Addict And Summoner Of Safety Cars
Veteran

Peter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPeter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I've had a pretty crappy day so far but I must say that it has cheered me up to know that the Titan has been recovered (hopefully in good nick).

After sixteen months it must have seemed like a lost cause. Fantastic!
Old 23 Nov 2010, 18:23 (Ref:2794815)   #17
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Not had as bad a day as you Peter but very very happy for Tony. Dont suppose my Brian James trailer is with the Titan.
Old 23 Nov 2010, 21:22 (Ref:2794901)   #18
RICHARD.T
Racer

RICHARD.T should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Delta, your trailer was stolen in Europe so I suspect it is over there somewhere. But no sign or my RT1.
Was the car found on a farm in Wiltshire?
I hope we will be told the full story rather then this thread go quiet. Remember thoes two F2/Atlantic cars that were stolen a year or so ago.
They were recovered but the story was not told on this forum. I found out what really happened by word of mouth.
Old 23 Nov 2010, 21:42 (Ref:2794904)   #19
Tainan
Racer

United Kingdom
Sussex
Tainan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can you relay the story here Richard? Hopefully we can all learn from these incidents and make it harder for the crooks to get another one.
Old 23 Nov 2010, 21:57 (Ref:2794910)   #20
RICHARD.T
Racer

RICHARD.T should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would like to but it is not my place and if I got it wrong we could be in trouble, so hopefully the person who's cars got stolen and started this thread is the one to tell us but from what I was told I can understand if he does not want to.
Old 24 Nov 2010, 10:23 (Ref:2795102)   #21
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Excellent news that the Titan has been recovered.
Old 24 Nov 2010, 16:05 (Ref:2795270)   #22
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Surprising after this length of time, unless someone was just waiting until everyone had forgotten about it - but very welcome news, at last.