Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 14 May 2010, 00:15 (Ref:2690087)   #51
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Had cutting out intermittently a few years ago and it turned out to be the external cut out switch - took a long time to trace.
Old 14 May 2010, 11:25 (Ref:2690294)   #52
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
Had cutting out intermittently a few years ago and it turned out to be the external cut out switch - took a long time to trace.
I did wonder about that as the transponder signal seemed to have gone awol, looking at the lapcharts......after the problem started I pitted a couple of times but it isn't shown on the charts......How did you trace your problem in the end?

Think we may have to splurge on a half-day test at Anglesey to check it our before qualy......

Tho of course Martyn could be right and it was just the soft Southern air not being up to the job......won't be a problem on Anglesey...the airs hard enough there to blow you off the Island if you're not careful...
Old 14 May 2010, 21:59 (Ref:2690597)   #53
TR8ER#7
Rookie

England
Castle Donington
TR8ER#7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cut-out

Good suggestion about the external cut-out. I've had intermittant cutting out a couple of times in my long and ... well long time racing, that I eventually traced to the external cut-outs. For the price they are compared with a race entry fee, just change it. A couple of years ago I had a problem that took an age to trace - that turned out to be a break in the battery cable where it joined the battery terminal. Every time I re-connected a battery it would work fine for a while, then I'd have problems starting the engine - I guess it was vibration that would cause the one or two broken wires in the cable to move a little and separate but still show 12v on a meter.

Good luck with fixing the problem.
Old 14 May 2010, 22:07 (Ref:2690598)   #54
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR8ER#7 View Post
Good suggestion about the external cut-out. I've had intermittant cutting out a couple of times in my long and ... well long time racing, that I eventually traced to the external cut-outs. For the price they are compared with a race entry fee, just change it. A couple of years ago I had a problem that took an age to trace - that turned out to be a break in the battery cable where it joined the battery terminal. Every time I re-connected a battery it would work fine for a while, then I'd have problems starting the engine - I guess it was vibration that would cause the one or two broken wires in the cable to move a little and separate but still show 12v on a meter.

Good luck with fixing the problem.

Discussed with Steve today and we've agreed that swapping out the cut-out is a no-brainer, considering the cost....will check the wiing, too.....

Thanks for input, guys.....
Old 24 Nov 2010, 17:27 (Ref:2795299)   #55
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by R59 View Post
Just a thought, with the cut-off of 1990, I assume a Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R would be eligable?? All this talk of expensive German metal, and there's some cheap Japanese horsepower out there.....
I'm surprised that no one has actually done this yet. Would be great to see & would be very competitive.