Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

View Poll Results: Is it time to award the ATCC & Bathurst 1000 for TCR?
Yes, within 1-2 years 7 26.92%
Maybe later (in 3-6 years time?) 6 23.08%
Never 13 50.00%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 29 Jun 2020, 12:39 (Ref:3984484)   #76
2 litre Touring Car Star
Rookie

Australia
2 litre Touring Car Star should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Blah blah blah
Oh yeah.

Quote:
I have watched more TCR than Supercars in the last year. I enjoyed it.
Ah yes, the old "I watched more TCR than Supercars in the last year and I enjoyed it" line.

It can't be verified how much you watched TCR, or that if you indeed did enjoy it at any level.

Based on your posts, it's just as well you "enjoyed" it. I'd hate to see the nature of your posts if you didn't like it.

Quote:
But it is not a serious independent series yet. It is a show put on by the promoter.
Your 'observation" is irrelevant as the cars are legitimate. With or without them, there series was substantial enough to be recognised as a meaningful series.

This "observation" of yours is merely to pick a hole to buy some time before you can find another hole to pick.

There are no genuine cars in supercars. They are the "show". TCR are legitimate cars.

Quote:
The stuff above about RECs is unhinged conspiracy claptrap.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
What conspiracy theory?

With the huge popularity and money Cochrane was going to "get". In a genuine "independent" series, that would attract new people. That then would devalue the presence of the "incumbents" and what they could generate.

They had to protect their "stock". Otherwise newbies would cherry pick events they want to compete in and extract the most value from the series. Without doing the "hard work" from when the series was supposedly crap.

If REC wasn't there to protect the clique, then supercars haven't ever done a good job. Bathurst could attract way more than 26-28 cars, yet there's never more than that on an entry list. The clique/series trades off on the history of Bathurst.
Old 29 Jun 2020, 12:41 (Ref:3984485)   #77
2 litre Touring Car Star
Rookie

Australia
Quote:
So let's give out Logies instead of the ATCC then

For Supercars?

I agree. There are no legitimate cars in supercars. They're not real, just like TV.
Old 29 Jun 2020, 12:48 (Ref:3984488)   #78
2 litre Touring Car Star
Rookie

Australia
Quote:
I love how the longest period of stability and prosperity - more than 25 years in fact, is when you think "the BS started"

What prosperity?

Prosperity shows up in active participation. There isn't that in supercars. For all the chest puffing, they've attracted just as many distinctly different factory supported cars as what super touring did, and less distinctly different factory supported teams at Bathurst that what the 1997-98 Bathurst 1000s did.

Stability leads to less expensive or better value. Supercars has never generated this for the participants. The costs go up and up and up and up...Even accounting for inflation!
Old 29 Jun 2020, 12:51 (Ref:3984489)   #79
2 litre Touring Car Star
Rookie

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Neither were street races and 200 million dollar TV contracts, so you know, ying and yang.
Orly?

That deal is an outlier.

How much was it worth without the Bathurst?
Old 29 Jun 2020, 13:10 (Ref:3984493)   #80
2 litre Touring Car Star
Rookie

Australia
Quote:
Oh right like the category that described V8s as "dinosaurs"? Alan Gow and by proxy Kelvin O'Reilly didn't spare the whip either so let's not revise history just because one died within 2 years and one went on for more than 10 times that...
Firstly, "Dinosaurs" was a name used to promote the new for 93 Group 3A Touring cars. Gow and O'Reilly proving how stupid they are by using a term of endearment to pot shot 5litre V8s.

The only thing that's gone on for "10 times that" is the concept of 5 litre Touring cars. It is not a reflection of success or validation.

Quote:
Just quietly the head of any organisation is out to push the interests of that organisation above all others. Whether it be sport or business, or a sport that runs as a business, this is how it works. If someone was out competed by Supercars then they simply needed to recruit better.

Very good CEOs are rarely popular because they get **** done.

Oh right, I see now. You're more interested in supercars as a business, as opposed to a genuine racing series and what best for motorsport in Australia. It makes sense as nothing you've posted suggests that you like racing in any way other than a concept.

When you do become a racing fan. You'll recognise what an impediment supercars are.
Old 30 Jun 2020, 00:57 (Ref:3984577)   #81
2 litre Touring Car Star
Rookie

Australia
I went on a bit of a posting blitz last night, having not posted sooner than what's best before losing track of the conversation.

My point overall is that the "key performance indicators" that Mixer and mayhem use to justify the current state of the Australian motorsport scene and/or supercars is wrong.