Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 30 Jun 2020, 19:18 (Ref:3984798)   #3151
Mike Harte
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte has a real shot at the podium!Mike Harte has a real shot at the podium!Mike Harte has a real shot at the podium!Mike Harte has a real shot at the podium!
Whilst vaguely on the subject of older Fiats, back in the early 50s, my father rented a Fiat 600 to carry 5 of us, 4 adults or near adults and me still under the age of 10, from Milan central station to the Adriatic costal resort of Cattolica. It was a long, hot journey made even worse because it was almost impossible to drive around corners.

The problem was that we had so much luggage that required it to be loaded on to a roof rack, which made the car extremely top heavy, with only my sister, who was nothing like me and who was very much on the large size, to act as a counterbalance.

This eventful road journey just made what had started out as a trip from hell even worse. This is because at the station, my father was arrested for vandalism, or something like that, after he had accidentally smashed one of the train's windows. Back then, luggage would be passed through an open window, and be handed to a porter standing on the platform.

Well, this started off OK, but as my father turned his back to the window to get the next suitcase from the overhead rack, an embarking passenger entered the carriage and decided to close the window. My father, not realising that the window was now closed, turned back to face the platform and proceeded to pass the suitcase through the closed window; result being glass all over the platform and the swift arrival of the Carabinieri, with my Dad being marched off to their office. A fine and restitution was paid, and he was released so that we could go on our way.
Old 30 Jun 2020, 19:33 (Ref:3984800)   #3152
bauble
Veteran

England
Luton, which is nowhere near ,,,?
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You like FIATs?
Well here are a couple.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2293.jpg   IMG_2309.jpg   IMG_2317.jpg  

IMG_2311.JPG   IMG_2313.jpg   IMG_2287.JPG  

Old 30 Jun 2020, 19:36 (Ref:3984801)   #3153
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
These and he previous batch are all from Classic Media days.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2318.jpg   IMG_2320.jpg   IMG_2322.jpg  

IMG_2325.jpg   IMG_2332.jpg   IMG_2233.JPG  

Old 30 Jun 2020, 19:40 (Ref:3984802)   #3154
bauble
Veteran

England
As are these;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2279.JPG   IMG_2281.jpg   IMG_2285.jpg  

IMG_2334.JPG   IMG_2327.jpg   IMG_2289.jpg  

Old 30 Jun 2020, 19:43 (Ref:3984803)   #3155
GCCheddaris
Racer

GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Easter Monday 1976

Back in 1976 the corporate world barely seemed to exist. The first two pictures show how teams made their last minute preparations with Richard Robarts mechanic at least wearing a pair of overalls while Willi Deutsch's pit crew wear matching T-shirts and baggy jeans. In the last photo, Harald Ertl is pulling in to retire holding up a string of cars in his wake.
Attached Thumbnails
Formula 2 1976 Richard Robarts.jpg   Formula 2 1976 Willi Deutsch.jpg   Formula 2 1976 Harald Ertl.jpg  

Old 30 Jun 2020, 19:55 (Ref:3984805)   #3156
GCCheddaris
Racer

Easter Monday 1976 Ferraris.

I am not normally a fan of one make races but when the race features a Ferrari 512S and a 312P I am inclined to make an exception. In an earlier post I said that Lou Lorenzini not only raced the 312P but also demonstrated the 312 B3 but looking at the helmets it could well have been owner Michael Vernon in the latter car.
Attached Thumbnails
Ferrari 1976 Ferrari 512S.jpg   Ferrari 1976 Ferrari 312P.jpg   Ferrari 1976 Ferrari 312P 2.jpg  

Ferrari 1976 8.jpg   Ferrari 1976 25.jpg   Ferrari 1976 Ferrari 312 B3.jpg  

Old 30 Jun 2020, 20:03 (Ref:3984807)   #3157
bauble
Veteran

England
GC. Do you live at Thruxton?
Old 30 Jun 2020, 20:29 (Ref:3984810)   #3158
GCCheddaris
Racer

Until 1992 the only circuit I visited was Thruxton. Then one day I decided to be adventurous and drove the extra fifteen miles to Castle Combe !
Old Yesterday, 06:26 (Ref:3984844)   #3159
Gerard C
Veteran

Wallis & Futuna
Paris area
Gerard C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We already had a discussion about Bob's friend Steyr Puch. Dont remember why this one has a soft top. Its a fake may be… Lets say a look alike!

Nice story Mike. I hope your sister didn't follow the suit cases weight…

When you make no difference between Fiat atmo and Fat Turbo, Specsavers could help!!!
Old Yesterday, 08:31 (Ref:3984859)   #3160
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lets start today with Alexis.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Alexis HF1 Duncan Rabagliati .jpg
Views:	2
Size:	584.2 KB
ID:	62632Click image for larger version

Name:	Alexis Mk3  Stuart Roach  .JPG
Views:	4
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	62633Click image for larger version

Name:	Alexis Mk8  Ian Bankhurst  .jpg
Views:	3
Size:	832.3 KB
ID:	62634

Name:	F Bill Coombs  Alexis Mk 14.JPG
Size:	864.9 KB
ID:	62635Click image for larger version

Name:	F Robin Haslam Alexis Mk 15.JPG
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	62636Click image for larger version

Name:	Stuart Roach Alexis   (2).JPG
Views:	4
Size:	1.13 MB
ID:	62637
Old Yesterday, 08:42 (Ref:3984866)   #3161
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Lets start today with Alexis.
Ah! But can you end it with Z?
Old Yesterday, 09:52 (Ref:3984887)   #3162
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Of Course, you usually have better challenges than that.

Name:	Z 4 .jpg
Views:	8
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	62638Click image for larger version

Name:	Z 5  .jpg
Views:	5
Size:	1.13 MB
ID:	62639Click image for larger version

Name:	Zis 110  .jpg
Views:	9
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	62640
Old Yesterday, 10:14 (Ref:3984894)   #3163
Mike Harte
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte has a real shot at the podium!Mike Harte has a real shot at the podium!Mike Harte has a real shot at the podium!Mike Harte has a real shot at the podium!
And not forgetting this one:

Name:  ZIL-112S-front.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  9.2 KB
Old Yesterday, 10:49 (Ref:3984899)   #3164
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B has a real shot at the championship!E.B has a real shot at the championship!E.B has a real shot at the championship!E.B has a real shot at the championship!E.B has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
Of Course, you usually have better challenges than that.

Attachment 62638Attachment 62639Attachment 62640
I was expecting to see a Zytek LMP2 car from the noughties.....
Attached Thumbnails
863733.jpg  
Old Yesterday, 16:59 (Ref:3984939)   #3165
midgetman
Veteran

England
Rural Wiltshire
midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCCheddaris View Post
Until 1992 the only circuit I visited was Thruxton. Then one day I decided to be adventurous and drove the extra fifteen miles to Castle Combe !
It is a large touch more than that, and not even in the same county

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk