Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 30 Jun 2020, 18:53 (Ref:3984797)   #6501
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3marinadrive View Post
100% not Osborne or Hill....
Really hope it's not Cook, not sure he's ever had the best of budgets. Don't think we need to worry about Chilton!
Old 30 Jun 2020, 19:47 (Ref:3984804)   #6502
B0U170NS
Racer

B0U170NS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
I'm hearing a honda seat is shortly going to become vacant.
It will surely be Crees. Btc racing did a video with all 3 drivers at the start of lock down and Crees said he had already lost a sponsor or 2.
Old 30 Jun 2020, 20:07 (Ref:3984808)   #6503
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
That could put BTC Racing’s position under question too
Old 30 Jun 2020, 21:00 (Ref:3984816)   #6504
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
maybe leaves room for some deal with Dynamics to get Shedden in ?

as Matt Neal did directly say that they tried to enter Shedden in 3rd car but couldn't get hold of TBL
Old 30 Jun 2020, 21:29 (Ref:3984822)   #6505
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
I've not seen a any government guidance that allows spectators at sports events, the most relevant current guidance on this refers to elite sports, but the points are similar for sports events in general.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ition-guidance

Domestic Competition: No Spectators: Domestic sporting competition exclusively involving Elite Athletes, hosted within the UK, where no cross-border travel (from outside the UK & Ireland) is required for the Competition to take place. Access to the Competition will be restricted to individuals with essential functional roles.

Looks like a unilateral decision from MSV this is not the latest government guidance, that I have seen anywhere.
The key is the wording they've used "day visitors". That is the same term used to describe people visiting zoos, theme parks, gardens etc. They can't access the paddock or pits so they're basically visiting the grounds and there happens to be a motor race on at the same time...
Old 30 Jun 2020, 21:37 (Ref:3984825)   #6506
Adamcas87
Racer

England
Old hairpin
Adamcas87 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAdamcas87 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just putting it out there what about Shedden to replace Jordan?
Old 1 Jul 2020, 06:50 (Ref:3984845)   #6507
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnoyedMoose View Post
The key is the wording they've used "day visitors". That is the same term used to describe people visiting zoos, theme parks, gardens etc. They can't access the paddock or pits so they're basically visiting the grounds and there happens to be a motor race on at the same time...
But what if I want a selfie with Michael "Creesy" Crees? 😔
Old 1 Jul 2020, 07:16 (Ref:3984848)   #6508
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamcas87 View Post
Just putting it out there what about Shedden to replace Jordan?
I'd love to see it happen but I think it's far from realistic
Old 1 Jul 2020, 07:40 (Ref:3984849)   #6509
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It would also mean no camping. Take away camping and you have reduced the number of people being able to go and it reduces the number of people travelling greater distances to get there.
Old 1 Jul 2020, 09:41 (Ref:3984884)   #6510
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
christ we’re the animals in the zoo

in all seriousness i’m not happy about this from a personal perspective. but i AM happy that people get to see and hear racing cars again. it’s even more awesome than it was pre-lockdown

i just hope people behave themselves and understand that a significant part of continuing to be able to attend motor racing involves there being no clusters of cases that can be traced to a circuit. that goes for us in the paddock and people in the spectator areas.
Old 1 Jul 2020, 10:00 (Ref:3984890)   #6511
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
We’ve still got a month to go. We’ll see what guidelines are in place by then.
Old 1 Jul 2020, 10:08 (Ref:3984893)   #6512
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
so a top driver like Jordan is gone and a really dangerous one like Neate stays, what a terrible world
I didn't realise Neate was connected to WSR/Jordan?

Only in a BTCC thread can the news about one driver's withdrawal be turned into a driver-bashing of someone totally unrelated to the announcement.
Old 1 Jul 2020, 10:26 (Ref:3984895)   #6513
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Only in a BTCC thread can the news about one driver's withdrawal be turned into a driver-bashing of someone totally unrelated to the announcement.
This has been a very long off season - people ran out of actual stuff to talk about months ago

But I think that post is just another reflection of the age old problem with motorsport - a lot of the time money trumps talent in who gets a seat.
Old 1 Jul 2020, 11:23 (Ref:3984903)   #6514
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
This has been a very long off season - people ran out of actual stuff to talk about months ago

But I think that post is just another reflection of the age old problem with motorsport - a lot of the time money trumps talent in who gets a seat.

And that problem is likely to get higher in these tough times. Quite a few teams will probably have to rely on paying drivers to stay afloat
Old 1 Jul 2020, 11:29 (Ref:3984904)   #6515
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
And that problem is likely to get higher in these tough times. Quite a few teams will probably have to rely on paying drivers to stay afloat

One way or another pretty much every driver on the grid the last 20 years has paid for their seat.
Old 1 Jul 2020, 16:28 (Ref:3984934)   #6516
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
I'd love to see it happen but I think it's far from realistic
Agreed, most likely is Gow waiving the TBL fulfillment criteria this year and the chassis is parked for the duration of 2020 as a spare if needed.

Then if the world economic situation doesn't improve WSR or whoever else can enter a reduced number of cars in '21 and Gow gets his long held ambition of a reduced grid. This may be something he moves toward sooner or later instead of ''natural losses'' with likely paddock social distancing in the coming months/years. He wanted 26 cars but with all the hospitality gubbins, a 20 car grid is more realistic.
Old 1 Jul 2020, 16:46 (Ref:3984938)   #6517
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
Agreed, most likely is Gow waiving the TBL fulfillment criteria this year and the chassis is parked for the duration of 2020 as a spare if needed.

Then if the world economic situation doesn't improve WSR or whoever else can enter a reduced number of cars in '21 and Gow gets his long held ambition of a reduced grid. This may be something he moves toward sooner or later instead of ''natural losses'' with likely paddock social distancing in the coming months/years. He wanted 26 cars but with all the hospitality gubbins, a 20 car grid is more realistic.
Only danger of a 20 car grid is that there will be less common parts needed by the teams. The fewer parts required will push up the unit costs for the teams remaining.
Old 1 Jul 2020, 17:09 (Ref:3984941)   #6518
Daverb
Rookie

Daverb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I didn't realise Neate was connected to WSR/Jordan?

I thought it was a very good point. It's been used lots of times before like with Pinkney, Chris James etc... but still valid.

In a fair world maybe Jordan would still be in the BTCC and other drivers might not but sometimes money is needed not talent.
Old 1 Jul 2020, 17:16 (Ref:3984945)   #6519
S griffin
Veteran

Money is a necessary evil, but as long as a higher percentage of the grid is still top class drivers, it shouldn’t be a problem. Still hate seeing the grid depleted though

Btw I wouldn’t put Pinkney amongst Chris James and Neate. He at least added to the series and it was always good to see him punch above his weight
Old 1 Jul 2020, 17:25 (Ref:3984951)   #6520
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daverb View Post
I thought it was a very good point. It's been used lots of times before like with Pinkney, Chris James etc... but still valid.

In a fair world maybe Jordan would still be in the BTCC and other drivers might not but sometimes money is needed not talent.
It's possible to comment on a perceived injustice of money vs talent without referring to a particular driver just to insult them.....
Old 1 Jul 2020, 17:31 (Ref:3984952)   #6521
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It's possible to comment on a perceived injustice of money vs talent without referring to a particular driver just to insult them.....
is there any worse driver than Neate on the current grid ?
Old 1 Jul 2020, 17:39 (Ref:3984955)   #6522
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
don’t think we need to try and debate worst driver on the grid. no good can come of that.
Old 1 Jul 2020, 17:56 (Ref:3984961)   #6523
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
what ever you personally think about a driver, best to remember it is only your opinion and that that only one driver on the grid is likely the best driver there. Many of the others are there to learn, get experience, support the lead driver in the team, provide cash/sponsorship to run the team. Without the drivers finishing in positions other than first there would be no racing. We all like racing and a variety of drivers with different skills and levels of talent, that is what makes BTCC fun. If you hate racing watch F1 not BTCC, sorry that is just my opinion.
Old 1 Jul 2020, 18:00 (Ref:3984962)   #6524
Spanner monkey
Racer

England
Norwich
Spanner monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
We’ve still got a month to go. We’ll see what guidelines are in place by then.

Back in lockdown by then with all the morons having Raves/Days at the beach and non social distancing on marches...
Old 1 Jul 2020, 18:07 (Ref:3984964)   #6525
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
what ever you personally think about a driver, best to remember it is only your opinion and that that only one driver on the grid is likely the best driver there. Many of the others are there to learn, get experience, support the lead driver in the team, provide cash/sponsorship to run the team. Without the drivers finishing in positions other than first there would be no racing. We all like racing and a variety of drivers with different skills and levels of talent, that is what makes BTCC fun. If you hate racing watch F1 not BTCC, sorry that is just my opinion.
And it seems really easy to criticise without any evidence that the person commenting has ever been a racer themselves!