Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 31 Oct 2022, 10:35 (Ref:4132181)   #2851
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think we just count ourselves lucky, eh Peter?
Old 31 Oct 2022, 11:12 (Ref:4132185)   #2852
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
It is definitely time to move on from AD21 though
Indeed it is. Thank goodness RBR have not been involved in any other controversies recently.
Old 31 Oct 2022, 11:54 (Ref:4132194)   #2853
Derwent
Racer

Derwent is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Any idea where Steve Jones has got to? Lee is very good and I like her, just curious since he hasn't been around since Japan.
I much prefer Lee. She has a long term knowledge of the sport and is more natural. I feel Jones is constantly being prompted by the director about what to ask.
Old 31 Oct 2022, 12:24 (Ref:4132198)   #2854
schanche
Veteran

England
5OUTH E4ST
schanche should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Prefer Lee to Jones she has a great relationship with the drivers and managers, missing DC at the moment Billy is ok but would still prefer billy and dc together.
Old 31 Oct 2022, 14:48 (Ref:4132219)   #2855
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I suspect C4 have not had Alex or Billy at the recent races and have been commentating from somewhere much nearer home. I suspect it costs quite a lot to send a full TV team to each race and in terms of value for C4 it probably makes sense. I have also noticed C4 seem to be rotating their GP team regularly as well.
Old 31 Oct 2022, 15:09 (Ref:4132221)   #2856
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, certainly they were "at home" for the Japanese GP, so probably the same for all the long distance races.
Old 31 Oct 2022, 15:18 (Ref:4132222)   #2857
Derwent
Racer

It's DC's production company that does the C4 coverage.
When we get to 24 races plus 6 sprints we will see more rotating for the team. No one wants to be away from home for that long and all the constant travelling.
Old 31 Oct 2022, 16:31 (Ref:4132231)   #2858
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
It is definitely time to move on from AD21 though
Ted doesn't agree.
Old 31 Oct 2022, 18:01 (Ref:4132243)   #2859
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
I'm waiting for the moment Horner demands to see the manager.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshots_2022-10-31-13-59-31.png
Views:	2
Size:	420.0 KB
ID:	76388

Unfortunately I must report that Red Bull is boycotting me as a result of posting this picture.

Back to you Ted
Old 1 Nov 2022, 13:50 (Ref:4132329)   #2860
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Apparently Red Bull may have realised that their behaviour could be deemed petulant, and have accepted that they will revert to normal relations with Sky from Brazil onwards......
Old 1 Nov 2022, 17:11 (Ref:4132350)   #2861
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Or maybe they realised it’s no fun not having the cameras on them
Old 1 Nov 2022, 20:12 (Ref:4132358)   #2862
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Kinda disappointed. Was great not hearing from Whingy Spice for a weekend.
Old 1 Nov 2022, 20:45 (Ref:4132359)   #2863
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Apparently Red Bull may have realised that their behaviour could be deemed petulant, and have accepted that they will revert to normal relations with Sky from Brazil onwards......
Also it’s chilly out of the limelight….
Old 1 Nov 2022, 21:14 (Ref:4132361)   #2864
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derwent View Post
It's DC's production company that does the C4 coverage.
When we get to 24 races plus 6 sprints we will see more rotating for the team. No one wants to be away from home for that long and all the constant travelling.
You think they'll rotate even though for some races they never leave the UK?
Old 2 Nov 2022, 13:27 (Ref:4132435)   #2865
Derwent
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
You think they'll rotate even though for some races they never leave the UK?
There are usually three or four of the team at the event. Whether the actual commentators do it a home from monitors may be likely.
Old 13 Jan 2023, 13:07 (Ref:4140038)   #2866
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, blimey. Jennie Gow has had a serious stroke. I'm sure we all send our best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery.

https://twitter.com/JennieGow/status...289922/photo/1
Old 13 Jan 2023, 13:28 (Ref:4140041)   #2867
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Extremely young to have had a stroke. Usually an underlying condition that has triggered it at that age.
Old 13 Jan 2023, 15:20 (Ref:4140063)   #2868
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes indeed, get well soon Jennie.
Old 13 Jan 2023, 20:29 (Ref:4140093)   #2869
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
Extremely young to have had a stroke. Usually an underlying condition that has triggered it at that age.
My nephew had a stroke at 6. It can strike anyone and little is known as to why. Whisking JG all the best on what could be a long road.
Old 14 Jan 2023, 10:52 (Ref:4140130)   #2870
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Get well soon Jennie
Old 21 Jan 2023, 10:29 (Ref:4140825)   #2871
Derwent
Racer

I wonder if we will see more permutations of commentators and pundits during the new season due to the number of events? For the ex drivers, the fee is probably pocket money so they can take it or leave it.
I see DC has split from his partner so may well want to spend more time with Dayton.
I do hope C4 drop Steve Jones. I don't see any other sport where they have a presenter to is from the sport. Imagine the outcry if Alan Carr took over MoTD?
Old 21 Jan 2023, 10:32 (Ref:4140826)   #2872
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
I rate Steve Jones very highly actually , he is an excellent anchor . Quick witted, inquiring and engaging.
Old 21 Jan 2023, 10:50 (Ref:4140827)   #2873
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
I rate Steve Jones very highly actually , he is an excellent anchor . Quick witted, inquiring and engaging.
I concur. Its somewhat delusional to expect ex drivers to front a show. Back in the day James H had Murray to do the leading. Steve J has personality.
Old 21 Jan 2023, 12:03 (Ref:4140832)   #2874
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
He's also very good at controlling the 'experts' when they get too involved for the less knowledgeable viewers by asking a 'naive' question so that they explain themselves.
Old 21 Jan 2023, 14:09 (Ref:4140840)   #2875
Derwent
Racer

I find Jones very annoying both in personality and accent.

Tags
pinks