Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Jun 2020, 16:03 (Ref:3984758)   #121
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
what would the 'sliding doors' scenario be if BE was in charge during the pandemic?
Old 30 Jun 2020, 16:40 (Ref:3984773)   #122
Richard Casto
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Durham, NC, USA
Richard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
what would the 'sliding doors' scenario be if BE was in charge during the pandemic?
My initial thought is that broadly not much. In that I don't think we would be racing now, or significantly sooner than current plans. Generally speaking the sport and business of F1 is mostly at the mercy of how well the various world governments are able to deal with the pandemic.

What I do think is that BE might be much more vocal about moving things forward than we have now. But note, I don't expect it would help and we might have more "Helmut Marko... infect them" types of ideas flowing from him. And those would bring harmful negative press and show he is very out of step with modern times/reality. His recent diversity comments are an example of why it's good he is not involved.

Richard
Old 30 Jun 2020, 16:55 (Ref:3984775)   #123
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!
I agree, in the circumstances Liberty have handled it well. Bernie hasnít exactly proved to be the right man for this sort of crisis
Old 30 Jun 2020, 21:30 (Ref:3984823)   #124
Richard Casto
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Durham, NC, USA
Richard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I just ran across this...

https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/5...d-a-job-in-f1/

BE, the master of details! Frankly, it was a bit sad reading that story. It does explain why they kept him around. It was purely contractual (he came with the sale) and only as long as to satisfy those requirements.

Richard
Old 30 Jun 2020, 23:41 (Ref:3984835)   #125
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!
I wonder if Bernie is playing dumb to get sympathy