Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 11 Nov 2009, 23:28 (Ref:2580463)   #1276
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
My old man is 95 and never talks about it, he also had a brother that was gassed in WW1.
Hey I thought this was the lighter side !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 12 Nov 2009, 09:27 (Ref:2580648)   #1277
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I thought my Dads story was a light hearted story. He had a good chuckle over it.OK back to the competition.
Old 12 Nov 2009, 09:29 (Ref:2580649)   #1278
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
A lighter side story for you. Just had an e mail from customer saying he has an invite to Abu Dhabi. Car to be ready for shipping in three weeks.
Old 12 Nov 2009, 10:37 (Ref:2580675)   #1279
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morgan View Post
Ok - this is the last one (and way too easy)

Name the car

Hugo Spowers and it's called a Prowess.
Old 12 Nov 2009, 10:47 (Ref:2580681)   #1280
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
That was the streamlined one with a bubble canopy was'nt it, did'nt it get banned?
Old 12 Nov 2009, 18:22 (Ref:2580926)   #1281
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not sure if it was banned. The car wasn't very competitive, and there were problems with distorted vision through the screen. I wonder if it still exists.

Hugo Spowers is currently involved with more environmentally-friendly vehicles.
Old 13 Nov 2009, 08:40 (Ref:2581246)   #1282
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Well Friday the 13th has not got off to a good start. Me and Max "thats my dog who is now 16 deaf and blind in one eye" on our morning walk at 6 this morning in the pooring rain. I look round and he's gone!!!!. 2 hours later and the whole Delta family and freinds out looking for him a very very nice lady has stopped in her car on a buisy roundabout 2 miles away and got hold of him and rang us.There are still some very kind people in this world and we now have a very sorry drowned Max back.
Old 13 Nov 2009, 10:11 (Ref:2581280)   #1283
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It seems that some dogs never learn that they need to keep their pets under control to stop them wandering off. I quite often see dogs who are clearly worried that their pets have slipped their leads and disappeared when they should know that there important and interesting scent trails to be followed.
Old 13 Nov 2009, 12:46 (Ref:2581345)   #1284
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think we might be ready for another quiz question. I suspect that Gordon is in pole position to win - and I shall be awarding a bottle of something nice from the estate to the winner (provided that he can pick it up from the Delta wagon next year). Because it is a whole bottle of something rather than jsut a glass I think it should be one go each and you must get all four questions correct.

This is a picture of my mate Ashley-Brown. To win you have to answer 4 questions:

1. When is it?
2. Where is it?
3. What is it (the car that is)?
4. Who were the promoters of the stock car series in which this car is shown competing ?(I hope my English grammar is correct on this sentence!)
Attached Thumbnails
Image.jpg  
Old 13 Nov 2009, 13:44 (Ref:2581383)   #1285
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
It seems that some dogs never learn that they need to keep their pets under control to stop them wandering off. I quite often see dogs who are clearly worried that their pets have slipped their leads and disappeared when they should know that there important and interesting scent trails to be followed.
Excellent Grant
Old 13 Nov 2009, 13:46 (Ref:2581384)   #1286
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1. No idea
2. No idea
3. No idea
4. No idea

but while researching the subject I did come across this scoop of an appx K Jaguar Cobra-eater being developed for the next Spa 6 hours

Old 13 Nov 2009, 13:56 (Ref:2581392)   #1287
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Mmm not too sure but I'll give it a go.
Wimbledon
MG ZA/B
Spedeworth
PS I have only just found out that Mavis Eaton passed away back in August.

Last edited by GORDON STREETER; 13 Nov 2009 at 14:02.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 13 Nov 2009, 14:02 (Ref:2581395)   #1288
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Certainly the ZA/ZB shape Gordon, or a Wolseley 4/44 which had same body.
Old 13 Nov 2009, 20:07 (Ref:2581555)   #1289
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Mmm not too sure but I'll give it a go.
Wimbledon
MG ZA/B
Spedeworth
PS I have only just found out that Mavis Eaton passed away back in August.
Excuss my ignorance Gordon but would Mavis be Roy Eaton's Mum. I knew Roy "he did our MOT's" way back. Now lives in South Africa.
Old 13 Nov 2009, 20:50 (Ref:2581587)   #1290
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Excuss my ignorance Gordon but would Mavis be Roy Eaton's Mum. I knew Roy "he did our MOT's" way back. Now lives in South Africa.
Quite right Iain. She and Les ran Spedeworth for years . Mavis was firm but fair and used to pay out the money.
Old 14 Nov 2009, 10:23 (Ref:2581793)   #1291
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Thanks. I am going to try and catch up with him this next trip.By the way i took my 16 year old daughter to Brands last Sunday .She did the "Early driving course" Recommend it to anyone with teenage kids. The instructor takes them onto the GP loop and teaches clutch,brake and steering control. Very good i thought at the end she had a passenger ride around the Rally school. "I would of liked that". PS have you won Compte's competition.Off to Thruxton now have some freinds taking their ARDS.
Old 14 Nov 2009, 11:06 (Ref:2581809)   #1292
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Off topic and risking a hand-slap, but this is the lighter side!

There is some good car guessing in this video as well.....

Brilliant!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSAQLkHocEs
Old 14 Nov 2009, 11:18 (Ref:2581811)   #1293
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It goes on.

http://video.yahoo.com/watch/6405433%E3%80%88=en-us
Old 14 Nov 2009, 11:24 (Ref:2581813)   #1294
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The recovery video has been around for a little while. But having someone capture the crash is good!

So back to the quiz. "I'm pretty sure its a Lambo....."
Old 14 Nov 2009, 11:42 (Ref:2581819)   #1295
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ah,

Yes is it a Lambo? Er nope.

There's two on the roads here actually and I followed a Panamera Turbo today. I only just caught the recovery vid from Twitter.

there are some interesting exotics out here. I've seen a matt black Carbon fibre bodied Ferrari f'rinstance.
Old 14 Nov 2009, 12:00 (Ref:2581825)   #1296
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
PS have you won Compte's competition.
The answer, Iain, is that as the prize will be worth at least £20 I am leaving this open for a few days more before revealing all four answers which are needed to gain the prize. In case of a draw the first to have got all four right will win.
Old 14 Nov 2009, 12:02 (Ref:2581828)   #1297
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Salt water lagoon chap just forgot which car he was in ...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...70215027684483

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...72836512852368#
Old 14 Nov 2009, 15:38 (Ref:2581907)   #1298
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Ha ha that's reminded me of the time in a previous life i was a retained fireman. 2 am and the bleepers going and we get tipped out to the local ford where someone tried driving through and stopped in the middle. I was a bit miffed as i was running a half marathon on the Sunday there was some head scratching going on so i just wayded in waist high freezing water tied the line on the front of the car and we used the fire engine to pull him out. The car by the way. "Austin 1100" We left the car and gave the driver a lift home as well. Happy days.
Old 14 Nov 2009, 17:22 (Ref:2581940)   #1299
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What? For the owner!
Old 14 Nov 2009, 18:26 (Ref:2581970)   #1300
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I could take a wild stab in the dark . . . but I don't have a clue honestly . . .so if Gordons not right ( and he's as likely to know as anyone) then my stab is

Wimbledon (or Walthamstow?)
MG Magnette
could be sponsored by anyone I've never heard of . . . but as likely a publication or smokes . . . Players No6!

Quote:
Originally Posted by compte deGraves View Post
I think we might be ready for another quiz question. I suspect that Gordon is in pole position to win - and I shall be awarding a bottle of something nice from the estate to the winner (provided that he can pick it up from the Delta wagon next year). Because it is a whole bottle of something rather than jsut a glass I think it should be one go each and you must get all four questions correct.

This is a picture of my mate Ashley-Brown. To win you have to answer 4 questions:

1. When is it?
2. Where is it?
3. What is it (the car that is)?
4. Who were the promoters of the stock car series in which this car is shown competing ?(I hope my English grammar is correct on this sentence!)
Closed Thread