Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 8 Jul 2012, 08:08 (Ref:3103653)   #76
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR View Post
Will be intresting to see if JW gets a penatly for him wheel spinning whilst having his pit stop??????????
Appeared that he broke the rules,so he
should be dealt with.
Noticed that you posted spruiking about
FPR,s qualifying results earlier, but
then can only post after the race
regarding the Whincup incident.
Have to vent somehow i guess ?
Old 8 Jul 2012, 08:24 (Ref:3103657)   #77
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Great race, hope wincup gets penalised.
Old 8 Jul 2012, 09:08 (Ref:3103662)   #78
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
Appeared that he broke the rules,so he
should be dealt with.
Noticed that you posted spruiking about
FPR,s qualifying results earlier, but
then can only post after the race
regarding the Whincup incident.
Have to vent somehow i guess ?
Just like a even playing feild, but as the officals and the series favours one make over the other, it makes it hard for the loyal fans
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 8 Jul 2012, 09:16 (Ref:3103665)   #79
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR View Post
Just like a even playing feild, but as the officals and the series favours one make over the other, it makes it hard for the loyal fans
Oh dear !!
Old 8 Jul 2012, 09:30 (Ref:3103670)   #80
ForumNick
Veteran

Australia
ForumNick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

Meantime Happy Jacques finished the race in the 'other' Kelly Krate

Series POints
Any idea why Jacques hasn't been credited with any Points
Old 8 Jul 2012, 10:41 (Ref:3103691)   #81
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
What is the likely outcome of the inquiry into Mr Whincup? If it is not legal, presumably this is a drive thru, or worse?
Would have thought that it would be a "drive thru"........why deal with it later rather than during the race?
Old 8 Jul 2012, 11:14 (Ref:3103700)   #82
pascofi m-sport
Racer

Australia
pascofi m-sport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
a few things:

isn't anyone getting sick n' tired of the same four drivers on the podium regularly...i've personally given up watching the v8's as i am sick of the 'predictable' racing.

kudos to #49 for their bold experiment with tyres in R1, pity head office found out and stamped it out quickly. wasn't there another quirk in the rules about tyres found out or modified at the same event last year?

and to pick up the post from reload, if you look back at some of the races this year, 888 have sometimes had their wheels spinning whilst waiting for their pitstops to finish (apparently to help with getting out of pit lane).

if head office are going to keep changing the rules, and still produce the same sleep-enducing racing then they have lost me as a fan...i'd rather watch NASCAR, at least that is exciting and unpredictable.
Old 8 Jul 2012, 12:26 (Ref:3103716)   #83
formerf1champ
Veteran

Australia
Vettel's gearbox preparing bench
formerf1champ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pascofi m-sport View Post
isn't anyone getting sick n' tired of the same four drivers on the podium regularly...i've personally given up watching the v8's as i am sick of the 'predictable' racing.
Surely, you will be lured by the concerts and other entertainment?

Quote:
if head office are going to keep changing the rules, and still produce the same sleep-enducing racing then they have lost me as a fan...i'd rather watch NASCAR, at least that is exciting and unpredictable.
Not getting you.Nascar often produces a bunch of ****. That's why some big-wig idiot over there suggested deliberate yellows.
Old 8 Jul 2012, 13:33 (Ref:3103733)   #84
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Boring? No. Predictable? Yes.
Old 8 Jul 2012, 13:44 (Ref:3103743)   #85
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And seemingly no penalty for Mr Whincup' 'spinning wheels' activities
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 8 Jul 2012, 13:51 (Ref:3103752)   #86
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
And seemingly no penalty for Mr Whincup' 'spinning wheels' activities
Not surprised - the rule is not a crystal clear one but refers to the clutch bing engaged and the wheels spinning prior to the car being lowered. I would imagine it's a rule that's been clarified at some length at driver / manager briefings.
Old 8 Jul 2012, 14:02 (Ref:3103761)   #87
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It cant be particularly good for the driveline to have spinning wheels then dumping a ~1,500 kg (fuelled & drivered..) car as harshly as it lands, and then away...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 8 Jul 2012, 23:22 (Ref:3103976)   #88
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
It cant be particularly good for the driveline to have spinning wheels then dumping a ~1,500 kg (fuelled & drivered..) car as harshly as it lands, and then away...
Agree, although of course the driveline is rebuilt pretty regularly.
Old 8 Jul 2012, 23:52 (Ref:3103984)   #89
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
just noticed this in the supplimentry Regs

Quote:
2.9 WHEELS SPINNING
2.9.1 During any Pit Stop, immediately prior to the Car being lowered from its air jacks, it is not
permitted to have the clutch engaged to cause the rear wheels to rotate.

i think this has beena round for a few race weekends now, but its the first time ive seen it mentioned.

A good move, was not the smartest move having the wheels spinning while the refueller is standing beside them
why bother having it if it isn't going to be policed? AND, why wait til after the race, so that the car can influence the outcome?

it's not as if it needs to have vision downloaded from 5 different in-car cameras to ascertain who was at fault. Ch7 clearly showed the infraction. Drive through announced straight away, or, announcing mid race of a 25 sec penalty or points reduction or something.

These guys seriously need to have a look at the meaning of the word "standardisation"
Old 9 Jul 2012, 00:57 (Ref:3103989)   #90
Alco
Rookie

Alco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is just a joke. Stewards imposed a 1 Minute Stop Penalty on Tony DÁlbertos car for running on soft tyres without the appropriate light displayed but Wingecup takes the trophy and series lead even though he broke the rules?
Old 9 Jul 2012, 01:05 (Ref:3103990)   #91
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Not surprised - the rule is not a crystal clear one but refers to the clutch bing engaged and the wheels spinning prior to the car being lowered. I would imagine it's a rule that's been clarified at some length at driver / manager briefings.
Maybe the rule is deliberately vague so they only have to apply it if it suits them.........apply it to one driver but not another.
Old 9 Jul 2012, 01:07 (Ref:3103991)   #92
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
Boring? No. Predictable? Yes.
No, it's boring too.
Old 9 Jul 2012, 02:03 (Ref:3103997)   #93
Marcos WTF
Racer

Australia
On a former RAAF airfield
Marcos WTF is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alco View Post
This is just a joke. Stewards imposed a 1 Minute Stop Penalty on Tony DÁlbertos car for running on soft tyres without the appropriate light displayed but Wingecup takes the trophy and series lead even though he broke the rules?
All the regular frod appolgists seem to have forgotten that 888 were team teflon in the Hogster era. I seem to recall at the very same track that whincup dodged a penalty for turning round Jack Perkins.

Where was all the angst/fretting/rule book quoting/dummy spitting then?
Old 9 Jul 2012, 02:08 (Ref:3103998)   #94
pascofi m-sport
Racer

Australia
head office need to listen to the fans...they are the ones that are still paying for czar cochrane to keep running the show (into the ground).

and while they are at it, a clean out of race control is due (about 10 years overdue), some of those boffins up there must be in their mid 60's by now?
Old 9 Jul 2012, 02:45 (Ref:3104003)   #95
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos WTF View Post
All the regular frod appolgists seem to have forgotten that 888 were team teflon in the Hogster era. I seem to recall at the very same track that whincup dodged a penalty for turning round Jack Perkins.

We were waiting for them to start driving crappodores.

It's not our job to point out any bias towards Ford........that's your job.
Old 9 Jul 2012, 05:54 (Ref:3104018)   #96
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
a few things:

kudos to #49 for their bold experiment with tyres in R1, pity head office found out and stamped it out quickly. wasn't there another quirk in the rules about tyres found out or modified at the same event last year?

and to pick up the post from reload, if you look back at some of the races this year, 888 have sometimes had their wheels spinning whilst waiting for their pitstops to finish (apparently to help with getting out of pit lane).

If you dont like it , don't watch it?..NASCAR is and never will be exciting. lets turn left straight left straight left... zzzzzzzzzzzzz.... actually a little bit like watching paint dry. imho
Old 9 Jul 2012, 06:51 (Ref:3104031)   #97
Alco
Rookie

Alco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mate, you must have bee watching a different race. Nothing to do with Holden or Fords, had Whincup been penalised the winner would have been Lowndes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos WTF View Post

Old 9 Jul 2012, 07:04 (Ref:3104036)   #98
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm at a loss as to how the badge on the grille comes into it.

What's going to happen next year?

Last edited by Umai Naa; 9 Jul 2012 at 07:04. Reason: Typo.
Old 9 Jul 2012, 07:28 (Ref:3104042)   #99
pascofi m-sport
Racer

Australia
FAS33, you do have a point...

but what i'm talking about is variety in leaders / winners of races...atm it's the same 4 drivers (#1, #5, #6, #888) leading or winning races while the rest of the field may challenge from time-to-time.

i know WTCC and BTCC have this...but how about weight penalties (just as a suggestion), for the top three in each race (if you don't place in the top three in the next race then you lose the weight), the only time that there will be no weight penalties in play will be at the enduros.

just some food for thought, to garner more winners and spice up the racing...
Old 9 Jul 2012, 07:52 (Ref:3104050)   #100
DV_08
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
DV_08 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Certainly if you don't drive for 888 or FPR its not easy to win a race at the moment but its up to the other teams to find improvements. I'd say the racing over the weekend was pretty good although there did appear to be a few too many avoidable incidents.