Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 28 Mar 2005, 19:48 (Ref:1263738)   #1
jjspierx
Veteran

United States
Oregon, USA
jjspierx should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjjspierx should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
TA - TV Schedule announced

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/champcar/15896/

Looks like all the races will be broadcast a week late. Thats a bummer as they have been live or within a few hours of live in the past 2 years. Oh well, its better than Star Mazda which has previously been, and will be again this year broadcast over a month after the actual events.
Old 28 Mar 2005, 20:40 (Ref:1263777)   #2
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
I wonder if this is the same in Canada?
Old 28 Mar 2005, 21:32 (Ref:1263805)   #3
jjspierx
Veteran

United States
Oregon, USA
jjspierx should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjjspierx should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well its Speed Channel's programming, so I assume yes. Unless you guys usually have another station covering Atlantics.
Old 28 Mar 2005, 22:13 (Ref:1263831)   #4
codename_47
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coventry/Birmingham
codename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcodename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't suppose anyone knows if the races will be live through the race director?

I've been bugging Motors TV to show TA highlights like they did the first year they launched on Sky, but still,.....no Joy.....
Old 28 Mar 2005, 23:24 (Ref:1263859)   #5
jjspierx
Veteran

United States
Oregon, USA
I don't think TA will be on race director, it hasn't been in the past. They have a different set of crew completely between the champcar and TA events. Although maybe the camera-men are all the same...
Old 29 Mar 2005, 00:29 (Ref:1263879)   #6
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll take it a week late considering that we didn't have it at all last year.
I'm still in morning for the lost May 24 race at Mosport.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 29 Mar 2005, 00:59 (Ref:1263893)   #7
Mosport67
Racer

Canada
Near Mosport
Mosport67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Take what we can get. At least we will see the races.

It will help a little with sponsors too.
Old 29 Mar 2005, 18:08 (Ref:1264477)   #8
jjspierx
Veteran

United States
Oregon, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy-ace
I'll take it a week late considering that we didn't have it at all last year.
Huh? Almost all of them were shown either live, or on Sunday the day after the event last year?
Old 30 Mar 2005, 00:33 (Ref:1264824)   #9
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
Not here, except in HiDef.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 30 Mar 2005, 20:53 (Ref:1265670)   #10
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Eurosport site says first race will be shown live from 21:45 - 0:00 CET. (British Eurosport site was busted when I checked). Hope they:
A. deliver, &
B. keep it up.
Old 30 Mar 2005, 21:31 (Ref:1265708)   #11
jjspierx
Veteran

United States
Oregon, USA
Quote:
Not here, except in HiDef.
So was Speed just blacked out for all the TA races then?
Old 30 Mar 2005, 22:07 (Ref:1265751)   #12
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard
Eurosport site says first race will be shown live from 21:45 - 0:00 CET. (British Eurosport site was busted when I checked). Hope they:
A. deliver, &
B. keep it up.
Oooh, I like the look of that weekend - WTCC, FIA GT (live in full on Eurosport2, w00t!!), MotoGP, WRC & Champ Car. And that's only Eurosport!
Old 30 Mar 2005, 22:15 (Ref:1265763)   #13
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Didn't spot the GT's on E2. Darn..with the BTCC too, I'm going to be channel hopping all day!
Old 30 Mar 2005, 22:29 (Ref:1265775)   #14
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard
Didn't spot the GT's on E2. Darn..with the BTCC too, I'm going to be channel hopping all day!
Don't get BTCC myself, unfortunately, but I do get the Cup race live from Martinsville on another channel, so I'll be watching that as well
Old 30 Mar 2005, 22:45 (Ref:1265789)   #15
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfan
Oooh, I like the look of that weekend - WTCC, FIA GT (live in full on Eurosport2, w00t!!), MotoGP, WRC & Champ Car. And that's only Eurosport!
Great that the Champ Car race is live. Also a great weekend for Eurosport motorsport wise!!
Old 30 Mar 2005, 23:01 (Ref:1265798)   #16
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjspierx
So was Speed just blacked out for all the TA races then?
SPEED didn't broadcast the races in '04.
Old 31 Mar 2005, 06:29 (Ref:1265934)   #17
jjspierx
Veteran

United States
Oregon, USA
Quote:
SPEED didn't broadcast the races in '04.
Ummm...yes they did...I taped them all...I burned most of then to DVD.
Old 31 Mar 2005, 11:08 (Ref:1266090)   #18
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
I think you may be mistaken. Trans Am was only broadcast on HDnet. Highlights were available on 'Dangerous Curves'

http://www.trans-amseries.com/News/A...ArticleID=2732
"SPEED Channel had broadcast Trans-Am Series racing from the network’s inception until 2003. SPEED is the premier motorsports network in the United States, reaching 68 million households across the nation."

Last edited by enemy-ace; 31 Mar 2005 at 11:09.
Old 31 Mar 2005, 13:46 (Ref:1266236)   #19
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
I think you may be mistaken. Trans Am was only broadcast on HDnet. Highlights were available on 'Dangerous Curves'
While the rather generic "TA" in the thread title and Gentilozzi's close ties to it could make one relate it to Trans-Am, I'm quite sure this thread is about the Toyota Atlantics..
Old 31 Mar 2005, 17:45 (Ref:1266419)   #20
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
whoops! Back to the