Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 16 Jun 2006, 21:54 (Ref:1636061)   #1
Stack
Veteran

Thailand
Leicester but dreaming of Thailand
Stack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gerry Marshall in a Formula ford

Does any one recall the man himself having a one off outing shoehorned into a Lotus 61 at Mallory?
I have mentioned this to many folks but they do not belive me! Please prove me right and that I'm not just imagining it.
Old 16 Jun 2006, 22:20 (Ref:1636069)   #2
Tim Wilkinson
Veteran

England
Essex
Tim Wilkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From Motorsport Feb '05 - "In the hot seat: Gerry Marshall" -

Someone asked if their memory of Gerry driving a FF was correct; "That was one of Graham Arnold's schemes. They called it the Lotus 61L - for Large - but it was only the cockpit bodywork cut away a bit. I did half a dozen races, but something always went wrong."
Old 19 Jun 2006, 16:01 (Ref:1637281)   #3
Ted Walker
Veteran

Ted Walker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was a 2 off at least as I have a photo of him in it at Snetterton
Old 19 Jun 2006, 16:27 (Ref:1637292)   #4
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stack
Does any one recall the man himself having a one off outing shoehorned into a Lotus 61 at Mallory?
I have mentioned this to many folks but they do not belive me! Please prove me right and that I'm not just imagining it.
No, it's true, he did drive a Formula Ford, but I didn't realise it was at Mallory...
There's even a picture of him in the car in his Autobiography, Only Here for the Beer. I'll look it out when I get home (if I remember), and try to scan the picture in to post on here (if I can)...
Old 21 Jun 2006, 15:48 (Ref:1638485)   #5
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT
... and try to scan the picture in to post on here (if I can)...
No, sorry you can't (see FAQs re copyright); nice idea though!
Old 23 Jun 2006, 03:55 (Ref:1639512)   #6
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Big Gerry nearly won his first Formula Ford race at Snett. The throttle cable broke on the last lap. He only did a few races as he thought the guys he was racing against were all 'lunatics and assorted hooligans'. Wonder if any went on to race in the BTCC?....
Old 24 Jun 2006, 08:17 (Ref:1640182)   #7
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Year was 1969.Started with a red Lotus 61-later blue & yellow.Scored one point in Les Leston FF championship-6th at Mallory-13 July.