Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 23 May 2003, 06:10 (Ref:607437)   #76
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Gilles
That's probably my vocation on Earth: help English-speaking people to attend to Le Mans!
AS the most local here, you'll certainly help more than me on most of the practicle stuff ! Not talking of your knowings around the race...
Old 23 May 2003, 07:00 (Ref:607465)   #77
Gilles
Racer

European Union
Le Manshire - the 87th British county
Gilles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
AS the most local here, you'll certainly help more than me on most of the practicle stuff ! Not talking of your knowings around the race...
My knowings about the race couldn't be as huge as yours just because of your anteriority.

And I don't want to become an anorak because it's too hot in June in LM !

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
Old 23 May 2003, 07:18 (Ref:607475)   #78
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

Old 25 May 2003, 19:37 (Ref:609811)   #79
FG1
Veteran

FG1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To bring this thread back to its original state, one of the temporary Grandstand on the start finish straight is now complete, and another is currently under construction. There is no sign on the temporary grandstands around Dunlop yet.

We were at the circuit for the Moto GP. Great stuff, and a very exciting finish, but nothing (I mean REALLY NOTHING) like the atmosphere of the real race. It's odd being there without that atmosphere.

FG
Old 25 May 2003, 20:31 (Ref:609853)   #80
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Dear british fans (and others), here are some simple sentences :

Two hours before start, in the grandstand :
"hé, c'est ma place !" (hey, it's my sit !)

Three hours after the start :
"Une merguez-frites s'il vous plait ! "
(One merguez-frites, please)

21h00: "Une bière, s'il vous plait" (one beer, please)
22h00: "Une bière, s'il vous plait" (one beer, please)
23h00: "Une bière, s'il vous plait" (one beer, please)
And so on, until your beer mountain is tall enough...

02h00: "Une merguez-frites s'il vous plait ! " at Tertre Rouge
(Personally, i'm hungry at this hour)

04h00 / 05h00: "Un café et deux croissants, s'il vous plait"
(croissants are usually brought very early in the restaurant close to Arnage corner)

07h00: "Un journal, SVP" ; one newspaper, please
(News of Le Maine libre or other)

10h00: "Deux piles, SVP"
(Two batteries, please, for your radio of course)...

See you soon around the circuit,

Pascal.
Old 26 May 2003, 05:14 (Ref:610100)   #81
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!

Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Sulphuric acid eh?
Sort of : anhydride sulfureux !
Old 26 May 2003, 05:19 (Ref:610101)   #82
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by PascaLM
croissants are usually brought very early in the restaurant close to Arnage corner
Hey, I didn't know this one ! This is a tip for sure ! I love to have my croissant at the track and dunk it in my café (isn't it, FG ? The real french way to have coffee stains early in the morning !)...

Ayse is not interrested, he takes his breakfast at Le Grand Lucé
Old 26 May 2003, 05:21 (Ref:610104)   #83
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by FG1
To bring this thread back to its original state, one of the temporary Grandstand on the start finish straight is now complete, and another is currently under construction. There is no sign on the temporary grandstands around Dunlop yet.

We were at the circuit for the Moto GP. Great stuff, and a very exciting finish, but nothing (I mean REALLY NOTHING) like the atmosphere of the real race. It's odd being there without that atmosphere.

FG
I'll go on the track net monday, I'll give other fresh news... but Gilles should have more updates than me...
Old 26 May 2003, 05:27 (Ref:610106)   #84
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Too late, we're all anoracks regarding our LM behavior !
Old 26 May 2003, 07:44 (Ref:610160)   #85
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not this year - it'll be much too hot for anoraks........
Old 26 May 2003, 11:35 (Ref:610329)   #86
Gilles
Racer

European Union
Sorry Fab, I'm not more up to date than you concerning grandstand erection in the new section :confused:

This race weekend was a nice appetizer to the June one. The game was entilted "Shoot the bike!" I personnaly missed all my targets

Stop me Fg if I am wrong but they were a lot of police controls and a few more speed radar than last year in June.

So drive safe and see all of you in June, maybe most of you at the Grand Luce !

Old 26 May 2003, 12:55 (Ref:610405)   #87
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
:

Stop me Fg if I am wrong but they were a lot of police controls and a few more speed radar than last year in June.

So drive safe and see all of you in June, maybe most of you at the Grand Luce !
There certainly were more police around in June than last year. I managed to get pulled for the most trivial offence - crossing the solid white line 10 metres before it became dotted leaving town and as the speed limit ended, with perfect visibilty of a clear road for at least 1 km to a roundabout. They still gave me the 3rd degree.
Old 26 May 2003, 15:18 (Ref:610526)   #88
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Sorry Fab, I'm not more up to date than you concerning grandstand erection in the new section :confused:
Don't hesitate to warn : I'm still procrastinating (Is that an english word ?) to buy a place... I'd like to see the 'stadium' (well, a small one, but at LM !) from above !
Old 26 May 2003, 20:31 (Ref:610807)   #89
FG1
Veteran

FG1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
I'll go on the track net monday, I'll give other fresh news... but Gilles should have more updates than me...
Ha! I was close to the track today (Monday), and crossed the Mulsanne to get to Leroy Melin to buy some concrete! Something was going on at the track but I am ashamed to have to admit I didn't have time to find out what.

I saw the highlights of the MotoGP on TV this morning. So thats what was going on!

FG
Old 26 May 2003, 21:09 (Ref:610836)   #90
Gilles
Racer

European Union
Quote:
Originally posted by FG1
Ha! I was close to the track today (Monday), and crossed the Mulsanne to get to Leroy Melin to buy some concrete! Something was going on at the track but I am ashamed to have to admit I didn't have time to find out what.

I saw the highlights of the MotoGP on TV this morning. So thats what was going on!

FG
Gonna have a look tomorrow morning...

... FG where it took place? at the mulsanne corner? at the second chicane?

who celebrated today the 80th birthday of the race ?

Old 27 May 2003, 05:07 (Ref:611104)   #91
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
who celebrated today the 80th birthday of the race ?
We opened a bottle of Cabernet d'Anjou 1966 (yes, sixty-six !) - well, wuite weird but interresting - and had a splash in the pool hopin' the weather will be as well for the great week...

80 years old : a powerful grandma !
Old 27 May 2003, 07:37 (Ref:611158)   #92
Gilles
Racer

European Union
Here is the map to the best wine spots (and other connoisseur adresses) in Le Mans...

... http://www.clubarnage.com/yabbse/ind...y;threadid=274

Old 27 May 2003, 13:54 (Ref:611473)   #93
dretceterini
Veteran

dretceterini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No one wants any of my 1929 Chateau Lafitte Rothschild? But more importantly...does ice actually exist in France?
Old 27 May 2003, 14:10 (Ref:611488)   #94
Kpy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by dretceterini
No one wants any of my 1929 Chateau Lafitte Rothschild? But more importantly...does ice actually exist in France?
Ask at the fish counter of a large hyper/supermarket. They usually turn out to be helpful.
Old 27 May 2003, 14:33 (Ref:611507)   #95
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by dretceterini
I take the Lafitte Rothschild if you wish ! I have some, but 1993... not open yet though...

And for the ice, I have to admit I'd be embarrassed if I had to find some... Kpy's idea seems the best one...

Last edited by Fab; 27 May 2003 at 14:35.
Old 29 May 2003, 15:46 (Ref:613757)   #96
dretceterini
Veteran

Fish market for ice....good idea, never thought of that...thanks!! And the ice is NOT for the Chateau Laffite
Old 29 May 2003, 22:17 (Ref:614155)   #97
Gilles
Racer

European Union
Hopefully you don't use ice for Chateau Lafitte !!!

That could only be an anglo-saxon idea BTW :-)

Old 30 May 2003, 15:05 (Ref:614830)   #98
dretceterini
Veteran

No, no ice for the Chateau Laffite...

But now living in America, maybe I'll try it the American way, in a wine cooler with 7-up or ginger ale..
Old 30 May 2003, 17:11 (Ref:615000)   #99
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Coming back to the subject, who will be in the pits grandstands ?
Old 30 May 2003, 17:47 (Ref:615045)   #100
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
We are as usual. Tickets are here we are in rows e and f