Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 4 Dec 2019, 16:38 (Ref:3944776)   #1
Jon64
Rookie

Jon64 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Niki Lauda: His Competition History - Now published!

Well, it's become a reality; a copy of my completed book detailing the comprehensive racing history of the late Niki Lauda is sitting next to me on my desk and it's rather difficult to believe that after nine years of research and writing, it has all come to fruition.

I am hugely proud of the result, which has exceeded my expectations in all respects; it's a hefty thing, weighing in at over 2 Kg with 376 pages, 120,000 words and 500 photos (half of which which are previously unpublished and a fifth of which are previously unseen, having come largely from private collections). The photo reproduction in particular is stunning.

I am immensely grateful to the team at EVRO Publishing who had the faith in backing the project - from a completely unknown author. Sincere thanks to Doug Nye who provided an insightful preface, and to the many contacts who have willingly offered information and archive material to enable me to complete the task.

Having been a reader of MotorSport since 1975, it was also rather surreal to see my work in there in the form of the 8-Page extract that they chose to run in their January 2020 issue (I'll forgive them for misspelling my forename!) - all told, it's been rather an exciting year.

If you'll forgive the blatant self-promotion, further information can be found at
https://www.evropublishing.com/produ...tition-history
should anyone feel tempted to investigate!