Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 28 Jan 2008, 23:43 (Ref:2115910)   #1
davidcookerules
Rookie

davidcookerules should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Enrique Bernoldi in Champ Car

Its good to see Enrique Bernoldi in Champ Car with Rocketsports Racing. Will he amount any theat for this years title?

www.thetour.org.uk
Old 29 Jan 2008, 00:09 (Ref:2115930)   #2
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great news for Rocketsports and CC.

Bernoldi has past F1 experience which will be an asset to the team.

He wont be a threat to the title however Tags showed last season that a Rocketsports car could be competitive.
Old 29 Jan 2008, 01:02 (Ref:2115950)   #3
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I guess this rules out a David Coulthard move to Champcar for the next couple of years at least.
Old 29 Jan 2008, 01:37 (Ref:2115966)   #4
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nice to see Bernoldi racing in top line single seaters once again. Personally I dont think he will be challenging for the championship this year though, but who knows in the future maybe he could.
Old 29 Jan 2008, 05:14 (Ref:2116016)   #5
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I remember Bernoldi in an Arrows pulling off a pretty special move on one M.Schumacher in a Ferrari at Turn 4 in Sepang one year - I screamed at the TV for that one...

Hope he goes well...
Old 29 Jan 2008, 06:19 (Ref:2116037)   #6
cptkablamo
Veteran

Australia
cptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I guess this rules out a David Coulthard move to Champcar for the next couple of years at least.
Lol year, Bernoldi won't move over so DC will never beat him I loved that race...

But I do hope that Bernoldi brings good money that lasts all year. I reckon he could do alright but I wouldn't put him as a title contender...
Old 29 Jan 2008, 09:57 (Ref:2116157)   #7
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good addition to the grid. Anyone who can overtake Michael Schumacher in a vastly inferior car should be suited to cut-and-thrust racing. It's about time some definite deals were signed. As long as none of the establlished stars are without a seat when the music stops, and he can compete for at least 1 full season, it's good news.
Old 29 Jan 2008, 14:09 (Ref:2116321)   #8
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Are we seriously basing our expectations for him on one freak event of him unlapping himself at Sepang. I remember it very well, but please!

FWIW, I think he'll do alright. He's not a bad driver by any stretch of the imagination.
Old 29 Jan 2008, 14:18 (Ref:2116326)   #9
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He didn't unlap himself, he overtook him for position. Michael started at the back and had to drive through the field, and while most drivers said "Ooh, F1 champion, better get out of the way!" Bernoldi fought back. It doesn't say as much about his ability as it does about his fighting spirit. He'll do well enough.
Old 29 Jan 2008, 17:43 (Ref:2116452)   #10
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Ah yes, it was for position that is right. I stand corrected.