Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 28 Jul 2018, 17:02 (Ref:3839397)   #176
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i guess that depends on how one wants to look at it.

while DR has gone through his allotment rather quickly this year (with some great results) he has also done so during the part of the season when it arguably mattered the most to him...while he was negotiating his future contract.
Old 3 Aug 2018, 13:03 (Ref:3841111)   #177
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
Ricciardo taking some big hits lately. Wonder how long before lights out!?
Lights out!

I maybe reading into it a bit, but ain't it funny that in a statement about Ricciardo leaving, Horner still manages to put Max ahead of Daniel? Says a lot and I think Daniel knew what he was in for if he had stayed.

Christian Horner: “In the meantime, there are still nine races left in 2018 and we are fully focused on maximising every opportunity for Max and Daniel for the remainder of the season.”

Old 4 Aug 2018, 09:04 (Ref:3841321)   #178
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Blame Jos. He is just waaaay over controlling of Max. Jos puts things in Max's head that Max can do without. I have heard of people saying how overbearing Jos can be towards Max, and when he says jump Max says how high. Another Andre Agassi story I fear. Made to order racer to fulfil Jos's dream.

Your post is full of b.s. check the facts before posting things like this, or do you work for a gossip magazine?
Old 4 Aug 2018, 13:29 (Ref:3841403)   #179
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
Your post is full of b.s. check the facts before posting things like this, or do you work for a gossip magazine?
LOL! Good one champ. Yep, I work for a "gossip magazine".

Hey 'nobster' (suitable username btw ), since you are from Netherland, are you saying Jos is not known for his temper and aggression there in Netherland? Go do some digging in your local legal system on Jos' violent behaviour. Better yet, start digging yourself out from under the rock you have been for the last 25+ years.

It's no secret that Jos Verstappen has an anger management issue. Some examples of Jos' violent history for you, since you seem unaware. In 1998 he and his Father Frans were charged and found guilty of assaulting and fracturing a photographers skull at a kart meeting. December 2008 Jos was charged with assaulting his wife and Max's mother Sophie, and also violating a restraining order. November 2011 allegations of attempted murder after he had struck his then girlfriend with his car and fled the scene. In 2016, allegedly Jos beat up his own father. And as recently as last year, Jos was beaten up in a brawl in Roermond, Netherland. There are many other examples of Jos' ill tempered behaviour, but I don't have all day to do your homework for you.

Jos Verstappen's temper was a known trait when he was driving in F1. And really came to be known after his F1 career ended, especially after he became a father to Max and Vicky. Max has not spoken out much about his fathers traits in public. There have been a few hints to Max's fear of his father where he has mentioned that whenever he has a bad race of his own doing, it's not the team he fears most, it's that he mostly fears what Jos will have to say to him. In one interview early this year, Max mentioned how scared he was of a life size cut-out of Jos that used to be in his bedroom. A child who is that scared of his father that he has to turn around his fathers image to fall asleep?? So sad, and worrying.

And as for my comment "Made to order racer to fulfil Jos's dream.", Jos actually refers to his son as "Verstappen 2.0". Bit of hint there as to how Jos views Max as his own second chance.

Max Verstappen: “I’ve never really watched other drivers, except for my dad. I wouldn’t call him an idol, he’s basically just my dad, my friend, my teacher, so I couldn’t really call him an idol anymore. I’m an improvement on my dad and he calls me Verstappen 2.0!”.

Like I said, Max is a made to order racer to fulfil Jos' dream.

During Max's karting days, there were a few examples of Jos' ill tempered behaviour towards his son. Some were reported on, some not. One in particular that was reported on was a karting event in Italy 2012, where Jos spoke of his behaviour after Max threw away a certain win.

I don't really care if you think the websites are "gossip" sites, or what other. Take it or leave it. I did not get my information from those "gossip magazines". If you think it's "b.s." so be it. Don't want to spend anymore time entertaining a 'nobster' who comes out from under a rock ever so often to sling **** at others.

Have a nice day.

Old 4 Aug 2018, 15:39 (Ref:3841418)   #180
chris bailey
Racer

chris bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridchris bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Hey 'nobster' (suitable username btw ), since you are from Netherland, are you saying Jos is not known for his temper and aggression there in Netherland? Go do some digging in your local legal system on Jos' violent behaviour. Better yet, start digging yourself out from under the rock you have been for the last 25+ years.

It's no secret that Jos Verstappen has an anger management issue. Some examples of Jos' violent history for you, since you seem unaware. In 1998 he and his Father Frans were charged and found guilty of assaulting and fracturing a photographers skull at a kart meeting. December 2008 Jos was charged with assaulting his wife and Max's mother Sophie, and also violating a restraining order. November 2011 allegations of attempted murder after he had struck his then girlfriend with his car and fled the scene. In 2016, allegedly Jos beat up his own father. And as recently as last year, Jos was beaten up in a brawl in Roermond, Netherland. There are many other examples of Jos' ill tempered behaviour, but I don't have all day to do your homework for you.

Jos Verstappen's temper was a known trait when he was driving in F1. And really came to be known after his F1 career ended, especially after he became a father to Max and Vicky. Max has not spoken out much about his fathers traits in public. There have been a few hints to Max's fear of his father where he has mentioned that whenever he has a bad race of his own doing, it's not the team he fears most, it's that he mostly fears what Jos will have to say to him. In one interview early this year, Max mentioned how scared he was of a life size cut-out of Jos that used to be in his bedroom. A child who is that scared of his father that he has to turn around his fathers image to fall asleep?? So sad, and worrying.

And as for my comment "Made to order racer to fulfil Jos's dream.", Jos actually refers to his son as "Verstappen 2.0". Bit of hint there as to how Jos views Max as his own second chance.

Max Verstappen: “I’ve never really watched other drivers, except for my dad. I wouldn’t call him an idol, he’s basically just my dad, my friend, my teacher, so I couldn’t really call him an idol anymore. I’m an improvement on my dad and he calls me Verstappen 2.0!”.

During Max's karting days, there were a few examples of Jos' ill tempered behaviour towards his son. Some were reported on, some not. One in particular that was reported on was a karting event in Italy 2012, where Jos spoke of his behaviour after Max threw away a certain win.

I don't really care if you think the websites are "gossip" sites, or what other. Take it or leave it. I did not get my information from those "gossip magazines". If you think it's "b.s." so be it. Don't want to spend anymore time entertaining a 'nobster' who comes out from under a rock ever so often to sling **** at others.

Have a nice day.

Yeah! But apart from all that, what have you got.........?
Old 4 Aug 2018, 15:46 (Ref:3841420)   #181
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

Have a nice day.

Dear F1Guy, what is in a name....?
I have been around a bit longer then you on this forum, mostly I am interested in Sportscars and Le Mans but also in F1.
Maybe I don’t post as often as you do in the F1 forum but hey you are the expert who calls himself F1Guy.
Too bad for you but I haven’t been living under a stone for the last 25 years, I come from a small country where we are proud of our sporters and athletes, be it football (less at the moment) hockey, iceskating or motorracing.
We all know in Holland where Max comes from and who his father is and what he has done.
But you also have to know that Jos has spend all of Max his life for Max to become what Max wanted. Ask journalists from my country or read interviews with reporters from my country or watch tv shows from my country and you will see.
Or maybe that is too hard for you as you probably wouldn’t understand them anyway.
If you are happy with attacking me because I replied to your ridiculous statement then that’s fine by me.
Go ahead with that but always keep in mind that this is an international forum and not everyone is perfect in writing in English, sometimes it is difficult to find the right words.
I have followed and visited F1 since 1979, and it is not me but the so called experts that have called Max one of the hottest drivers since a long time.
See ya!
Old 4 Aug 2018, 16:00 (Ref:3841424)   #182
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And that is where this ends or there will be holidays. The users and staff of tentenths have had enough now.
Old 4 Aug 2018, 16:05 (Ref:3841427)   #183
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Amen.
Old 5 Aug 2018, 06:28 (Ref:3841532)   #184
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
There was an interesting interview with Christian Horner a while ago (can't remember where), where Horner said that Max could learn a lot from Ricciardo in the way he works with the engineers.

It is going to be interesting to see how Max goes without Ricciardo alongside him in the team, hope he has learnt the necessary lessons.