Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 6 Oct 2015, 16:19 (Ref:3579996)   #401
GT-Eins
Veteran

Germany
Hannover, Germany
GT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Here some post-race statistics of the GTLM & P-class:
http://www.gt-eins.de/Berichte2015/t...al=Statistiken

Although we have to admit that due to the whether-conditions the driver statistics are not that representative than usual
Old 6 Oct 2015, 16:47 (Ref:3580003)   #402
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Just like at CotA IMSA had a no-track-limit-violation-policy at the Petit - this time the walls acted as referees though!

I cannot remember an event (here or anywhere else) with such a high number of crashes. Started on the Tuesday test day with already 5 cars in the wall at the esses (2 Miatas, 2 Lites & a single Lambo) and it never calmed down after that (only the Wed. was quiet due to the dry conditions that day!).
Old 6 Oct 2015, 18:57 (Ref:3580050)   #403
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Just like at CotA IMSA had a no-track-limit-violation-policy at the Petit - this time the walls acted as referees though!

I cannot remember an event (here or anywhere else) with such a high number of crashes. Started on the Tuesday test day with already 5 cars in the wall at the esses (2 Miatas, 2 Lites & a single Lambo) and it never calmed down after that (only the Wed. was quiet due to the dry conditions that day!).
That wall on the left side of the uphill esses definitely got a work out last week. It seems like tires should be extended up the hill there, but the wall is already so close to the track. I'd guess tires would be more favorable from a drivers perspective though.
Old 6 Oct 2015, 19:43 (Ref:3580065)   #404
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

I'm not gonna complain about some of the questionable happenings and decisions, whatever, I'm gonna be lenient for once. I enjoyed it and there was historic feel to the race, for the first time since ALMS died.
Old 6 Oct 2015, 20:44 (Ref:3580076)   #405
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
I guess the wall there will be moved back - again. It used to just follow the direction of the track but let's be honest, if it's wet, it doesn't matter where the walls are, as soon as you go into the wet grass, you're gonna end up in the wall!

Perhaps an stretch of Safer barrier or Tec pro will decrease the damage in those circumstances?
Old 6 Oct 2015, 20:55 (Ref:3580079)   #406
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
They're running out of room on drivers' left at the bottom of the esses, but I believe the property line is very close to the current wall location and I know the landscape drops off severely behind the walls.

One thing I do hope they do, is go ahead and add tires to most of the locations that didn't have them and saw impacts (I would think lots of black marks on the concrete would be indicators). All over the esses, if there's room but T1 exit / T2 drivers left and T4 drivers right, where the Falken backed it in during qually. Not normal areas to see impact normally but they found them. Then again, the PC found the wall on the backstretch so some discretion is warranted.
Old 6 Oct 2015, 21:12 (Ref:3580086)   #407
Coach Ep
Veteran

Agreed, extra and extended tire walls is a must - and probably a cheaper solution than safer barrier or Tec Pro.

DL from T1 has to be extended all the up to T3, DR all the way to T4 and the esses basically all the way on both sides.

Apparently secondhand tires aren't cheap either anymore...
Old 6 Oct 2015, 23:39 (Ref:3580107)   #408
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mm. Who would've thought 2 years ago at Petit that LMGTE cars would now have 50% as much overall wins as LMP2s in the new regime when both classes we're present. And 100% more in NAEC. Dat balance.

Old 7 Oct 2015, 13:40 (Ref:3580260)   #409
Coach Ep
Veteran

TV ratings

Quote:
The replay of the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship's Petit Le Mans on FOX Sports 1 Sunday afternoon netted 63,000 viewers. Figures for the live telecasts on FOX Sports 2 were not available.
from http://www.racer.com/north-american-...-petit-le-mans

Not much to cheer about...
Old 7 Oct 2015, 14:00 (Ref:3580265)   #410
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Quote:
The replay of the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship's Petit Le Mans on FOX Sports 1 Sunday afternoon netted 63,000 viewers. Figures for the live telecasts on FOX Sports 2 were not available.
I think FOX Sports 2 is "not available" for many viewers as well.
Old 7 Oct 2015, 14:09 (Ref:3580268)   #411
Coach Ep
Veteran

Probably, although I found out recently we have access to the channel. Not sure how much of a plus that actually is, when trying to watch a bit of the race on Sat. at the lunch place we visited, coverage was extensively interrupted by the ever exciting Nascar truck series... I liked the beer I ordered with my chili & fries though!

Anyway, in terms of tv viewers, the Petit 2015 was pretty much non-existent.
Old 7 Oct 2015, 14:15 (Ref:3580272)   #412
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
nasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Data analysis http://nasportscar.com/bens-analysis-2015-petit-le-man/
Old 7 Oct 2015, 22:51 (Ref:3580379)   #413
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasportscar View Post
Do you know if there are driver total stint time statistics available anywhere?
Old 9 Oct 2015, 14:17 (Ref:3580798)   #414
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
nasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Final Total Team Performance matrix rankings http://nasportscar.com/imsa-total-te...petit-le-mans/
Old 30 Oct 2015, 13:08 (Ref:3586645)   #415
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The race recap video that was on Mobil 1 The Grid was pretty good. It was nice to relive some of those moments from the dry chair in my office!

My favorite line from the video was about the red flag period "and we went back to racing just as the heavy rain began again". It sounds ridiculous when you say it like that!