Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 16 Jul 2018, 20:07 (Ref:3836995)   #451
Racer65
Racer

Racer65 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rob Austin used to run panels on his cars with various slants on this could by your spot.
Old 16 Jul 2018, 20:14 (Ref:3836996)   #452
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
Or even better, do it as blatant as HRT did in F1 with exciting brands such as "This is a Cool Spot", "Your Logo Here" and "This Could Be You"

in BTCC however the money is tight you just have no decals (motorbase/BMR 2015)
...or you could just go the whole Jan Lammers....
http://www.dayvtec.com/wp-content/up...urs-1080-2.jpg
Old 16 Jul 2018, 20:25 (Ref:3836998)   #453
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
And I seem to remember reading Ian Court wanted to run his Alfa with a phone number on his car for potential sponsors
Old 16 Jul 2018, 20:49 (Ref:3837007)   #454
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
good old John B&Q still rules when it comes to sponsorships.

...Look out for Josh Autoglym at Snetterton lol
Old 16 Jul 2018, 21:04 (Ref:3837013)   #455
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Nononsensecapeesh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
good old John B&Q still rules when it comes to sponsorships.

...Look out for Josh Autoglym at Snetterton lol
Lord rest your soul, John Batchelor.

AHEM! Back on subject!
Old 16 Jul 2018, 21:21 (Ref:3837018)   #456
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wasn’t there a rumour that AmD weren’t the only team sniffing around the Team HARD garage at Croft?

Mind you the way things seem to be going it would be a brave man to try and poach another driver from Mr G, judging by his reaction to Jake’s departure.

Heard stories that Dynamic’s were poised to make a bid for the 3rd BMR TBL (from TOCA I’d assume) when it looked like a 3rd car would materialise! However the last minute Price deal kissed goodbye to a 3rd Dynamics Honda for Mat Jackson. That I would like to of seen.
Old 16 Jul 2018, 22:03 (Ref:3837030)   #457
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiiiiiiim View Post
Heard stories that Dynamic’s were poised to make a bid for the 3rd BMR TBL (from TOCA I’d assume) when it looked like a 3rd car would materialise! However the last minute Price deal kissed goodbye to a 3rd Dynamics Honda for Mat Jackson. That I would like to of seen.
I think Dynamics do still have an old shape Honda, however I cant see them rolling it out and cant see Jackson coming back to be honest
Old 16 Jul 2018, 22:07 (Ref:3837033)   #458
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Quote:
I think Dynamics do still have an old shape Honda, however I cant see them rolling it out and cant see Jackson coming back to be honest
There's already enough Hondas on the grid as it is as much as I miss Mat Jackson.
Old 16 Jul 2018, 22:11 (Ref:3837035)   #459
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post
...or you could just go the whole Jan Lammers....
http://www.dayvtec.com/wp-content/up...urs-1080-2.jpg
Not made up sponsors, but an early version of crowd-funding. Don't have one big sponsor, just get lots of little ones.
Old 16 Jul 2018, 22:12 (Ref:3837037)   #460
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nononsensecapeesh View Post
There's already enough Hondas on the grid as it is as much as I miss Mat Jackson.
hes off the radar for most teams now i think, cant see him back next year which is a shame.
Few words about wanting to get back to the grid when he broke the silence to do britcar with Stuart Lines but if he was serious he would have been doing something at Snetterton last week
Old 16 Jul 2018, 22:20 (Ref:3837040)   #461
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Quote:
hes off the radar for most teams now i think, cant see him back next year which is a shame.
Few words about wanting to get back to the grid when he broke the silence to do britcar with Stuart Lines but if he was serious he would have been doing something at Snetterton last week
Like TO-C and Welch and Mike Epps to name a few....
Old 16 Jul 2018, 22:23 (Ref:3837042)   #462
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Like TO-C and Welch and Mike Epps to name a few....
yep, its either no budget or no real interest, either way doesnt look good.

2 seats now going spare and he isnt in the frame for either despite being one of the most consistent drivers between 2013-2017 and with at least a dozen wins in that time.
Old 16 Jul 2018, 22:30 (Ref:3837044)   #463
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Quote:
yep, its either no budget or no real interest, either way doesnt look good.

2 seats now going spare and he isnt in the frame for either despite being one of the most consistent drivers between 2013-2017 and with at least a dozen wins in that time.
He's won 31 in all and was Runner-Up in 08 in only his 2nd Season, how times change...

He kind of brought it on himself by the way he tried to leave Motorbase for Honda but I won't resort to slander. Wonder who'll get those seats? Especially if Jake Hill is unsuccessful with AMD....
Old 17 Jul 2018, 07:05 (Ref:3837065)   #464
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:

He kind of brought it on himself by the way he tried to leave Motorbase for Honda
My understanding is neither side were exactly angels about it
Old 17 Jul 2018, 11:50 (Ref:3837098)   #465
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well we've only got a week till Snetterton, so there should be an announcement on who takes the empty seats soon
Old 17 Jul 2018, 13:47 (Ref:3837127)   #466
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
I'm wondering if Shaun might jump in the MG himself if Jake can't.

Thinking TG may be trying to sort Boardley out for his spare seat...
Old 17 Jul 2018, 14:09 (Ref:3837132)   #467
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
I'm wondering if Shaun might jump in the MG himself if Jake can't.

Thinking TG may be trying to sort Boardley out for his spare seat...
Shaun suggested the move was about performance, no disrepect to him, hes a steady peddler but when theres a lot of experienced hands around surely he might as well hand the keys to someone who till get some results

as for Broadley, everyone was suggesting he would swap with Caine but I havent seen anything more about that
Old 17 Jul 2018, 14:12 (Ref:3837133)   #468
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Shaun suggested the move was about performance, no disrepect to him, hes a steady peddler but when theres a lot of experienced hands around surely he might as well hand the keys to someone who till get some results
if that is the case why doesn't he call Mat Jackson ?
Old 17 Jul 2018, 14:18 (Ref:3837134)   #469
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
think hes busy
Old 17 Jul 2018, 14:19 (Ref:3837136)   #470
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Wheels View Post
I know 2 of the Team HARD drivers were very vocal about 4 cars being too many for the team to cope with & were pushing to separate the Brisky/HARD split more than just in name.
At the time this was posted - Hill was still a Team HARD driver.

Then Hill left Team HARD with immediate effect, which sounded pretty definite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
TG doesn't sound happy regarding the line about Jake still being under contract.
TG has suggested that his contract will prevent him from driving elsewhere...

Then yesterday, Hill tweeted:
'Cannot wait to be racing with #BriskyRacing & johndanbyracing silverstoneclassic this coming weekend'

So if Hill is free to drive with Brisky (albeit in a different car), does that mean that Brisky are the holders of his contract, and could take their backing elsewhere?

It would seem strange to me for one of the marquee sponsors of Team HARD to run a driver who has 'left the team'?

I get the feeling that the whole TG/Hill/Brisky/HARD saga has got a bit more to run yet.....
Old 17 Jul 2018, 14:58 (Ref:3837139)   #471
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Not made up sponsors, but an early version of crowd-funding. Don't have one big sponsor, just get lots of little ones.
Indeed- you could almost call it a more extreme version of Jack Goff's 'stickerbombed' MG from a couple of years back...

https://www.motorsport.com/btcc/phot...4489&sz=8&s=-6

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
TG has suggested that his contract will prevent him from driving elsewhere...

Then yesterday, Hill tweeted:
'Cannot wait to be racing with #BriskyRacing & johndanbyracing silverstoneclassic this coming weekend'

So if Hill is free to drive with Brisky (albeit in a different car), does that mean that Brisky are the holders of his contract, and could take their backing elsewhere?

It would seem strange to me for one of the marquee sponsors of Team HARD to run a driver who has 'left the team'?

I get the feeling that the whole TG/Hill/Brisky/HARD saga has got a bit more to run yet.....
Brisky's website is only up-to-date to 2017, but gives the impression they have a personal deal as one of Hill's backers, so if he's running at Silverstone Classic (AFAIK he's on the entry list for one of the GT races in a Lotus Elan, and the pre-66 touring cars in a Lotus Cortina) I'm guessing this is probably a completely separate deal that isn't affected by the situation around his BTCC contract - even if Gilham thinks he can hold Hill to his contract and prevent him from driving with a rival team in the BTCC, presumably he wouldn't be able to prevent him from driving with anyone else on non-BTCC weekends...

http://www.briskyracing.com/drivers
Old 17 Jul 2018, 16:59 (Ref:3837147)   #472
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
I just hope there will be more new winners before the season is out.
Old 17 Jul 2018, 17:15 (Ref:3837151)   #473
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:

Hello Dan Cammish
Old 17 Jul 2018, 18:02 (Ref:3837159)   #474
BvtchxrSqvadNathan
Rookie

Scotland
Westmeath, Ireland
BvtchxrSqvadNathan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Hello Dan Cammish
+1 on this.
Old 17 Jul 2018, 18:03 (Ref:3837160)   #475
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Cammish, Smiley and Butcher have all shown race winning pace so far. Don't think it'll be too likely to see any others this season.