Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 13 Jan 2014, 02:29 (Ref:3353282)   #26
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagunaseca_4life View Post
Thissucks.unless there a stream, looks like I won't be watching
You needn't worry, there will always be someone streaming.

Users like freddy49 ALWAYS streams the races, (watched the entire Kansas Grand-Am broadcast via his stream).

If anyone does not have Fox Sports 2, you should bookmark this link.
http://www.justin.tv/freddy49_usa

There are plenty others out there who stream the races, and I don't think any of them are geo blocked so that is good.

Last edited by Nick Woodbury; 13 Jan 2014 at 02:34.
Old 13 Jan 2014, 02:32 (Ref:3353283)   #27
The Happy Track Fan
Racer

Canada
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
The Happy Track Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sput View Post
Hey Happy Track Fan - you and I have crossed paths on forums for years, but I'm not sure we've ever met, have we? (Watkins Glen?) Anyway - please find me Saturday morning. Text me when you get there - nine one zero seven four two seven two zero four.
Sput
Hello Sput:

Yes. We met at VIR in 2009 and I believe at Mid-Ohio either in 2009 or 2010.

I will be happy to call you when I get there, or text you via my buddy's Blackberry.

I am still very old school. No cell phone for me, except a pay as you go one for emergencies only.
Old 13 Jan 2014, 02:35 (Ref:3353284)   #28
The Happy Track Fan
Racer

Canada
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
The Happy Track Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by extramundane View Post
Race starts at 2:30...

I guess since I am going to be at the race live, I can PVR the "Keeping Up With The Kardashian's" Marathon with no worries. YAHOO!!
Old 13 Jan 2014, 04:24 (Ref:3353290)   #29
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the RLL BMW team will be happy with a top 4 finish at Daytona. I don't seem one of those cars finishing higher than 4th place because of their power issues. But they are licking their chops for the rest of the year though. I expect them to be the favorites to win at Sebring.
Old 13 Jan 2014, 12:46 (Ref:3353379)   #30
Ginaro Zukovsky
Racer

Ginaro Zukovsky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagunaseca_4life View Post
By the way the Imsa app is up and running.

Meh, have to wait and see how it turns out.if timing and scoring work good it would be cool.

But the grand am app didn't turn into Imsa like it said it would, just so you know In case you were waiting like me.
A shame the IMSA app is only for iOS at this point in time.
Old 13 Jan 2014, 14:19 (Ref:3353399)   #31
Zurbert82
Veteran

United States
Pittsburgh
Zurbert82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is very disappointing for those who have subscriptions through cable companies that do not carry FS2, such as Comcast in the Boston area. This is a major step down from last years coverage of both the ALMS and Grand-AM. I'll likely end up watching on Justin.tv or something similar.
Old 13 Jan 2014, 15:00 (Ref:3353408)   #32
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjessica09 View Post
I think the RLL BMW team will be happy with a top 4 finish at Daytona. I don't seem one of those cars finishing higher than 4th place because of their power issues. But they are licking their chops for the rest of the year though. I expect them to be the favorites to win at Sebring.
Porsche seems like they should be quick. Corvette should be quick out of the box. Viper is always strong on high speed tracks. If Risi choose the right drivers, then that Ferrari would be very strong.

I still can't forgive Gimmi Bruni for Sebring last year...Cramps my foot.
Old 13 Jan 2014, 16:40 (Ref:3353464)   #33
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
http://www.imsa.com/articles/tune-rolex-24-daytona

Full broadcast information

First two hours on FOX, that is the main network, not FS1.
Old 13 Jan 2014, 16:55 (Ref:3353471)   #34
gsmith2424
Veteran

United States
Maiden, North Carolina
gsmith2424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post

Liveable times the one change though to bring it to the network was start time got moved up to 2:10 PM from 2:30 PM. Also good to see the overnight will be on imsa.com (won't matter to me as I will be at the race in the stands for the whole thing).
Old 13 Jan 2014, 16:59 (Ref:3353476)   #35
Zurbert82
Veteran

United States
Pittsburgh
Zurbert82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

That's a relief! Thanks for posting the info.
Old 13 Jan 2014, 17:30 (Ref:3353497)   #36
JLGarcia
Racer

JLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Wow, almost an hour since this post and nobody's been by to tell us that 2 hours live on network TV is worse than an ESPN3 stream.
Old 13 Jan 2014, 17:40 (Ref:3353501)   #37
EricS
Racer

United States
Austin, TX
EricS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It won't be long before someone complains about the number of commercials there will be

Kinda weird that they can't bother to show the overnight hours on FS2. I guess the infomercials pay better.
Old 13 Jan 2014, 18:14 (Ref:3353521)   #38
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

Cool, I'll be able to watch the start.
Old 13 Jan 2014, 18:19 (Ref:3353524)   #39
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/ri...-24-confirmed/

Risi driver line up.
Old 13 Jan 2014, 18:41 (Ref:3353540)   #40
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
I wonder if the imsa.com overnight stream still means flag-to-flag stream for worldwide viewers? A la ALMS. Might have been left out on purpose from the press release... and it doesn't really rule out this possibility.
Old 13 Jan 2014, 18:49 (Ref:3353546)   #41
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic Z View Post
That should kick some ass. I'd be surprised if they don't win it, actually.

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/ex...gtd-spec-gt-r/
Sad to say we won't see them at Daytona, but expect a Nissan GT-R GTD on the grid mid-season.

Last edited by Beetle; 13 Jan 2014 at 18:54.
Old 13 Jan 2014, 19:02 (Ref:3353556)   #42
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So basically I'll be able to watch all except the short period on FS2. 2 Hours live on network TV is also solid.

In terms of yearly broadcasts I certainly won't miss a particular radio commentator as much as many will, one that feels the need to tell me just how epic each endurance race is and how terrible Formula 1 is in comparison, although I will miss Jeremy Shaw. Shaw's one of the best commentators in motorsport, hopefully FS gets some solid TV personnel for the season.
Old 13 Jan 2014, 19:03 (Ref:3353557)   #43
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
2 Hours on Network TV? Isn't that...well...really, really good?

I'd love to have 2 hours of Le Mans on a major channel in the UK.
Old 13 Jan 2014, 19:09 (Ref:3353560)   #44
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
2 Hours on Network TV? Isn't that...well...really, really good?
For live endurance racing, well, yes.

Auto racing other than NASCAR still gets awful ratings on network TV but a likely .6-1.0 is a significant improvement for sponsors and teams involved over the 0.1-0.3 ratings on FS/SPEED/ESPN2. Or of course the mere 2-5k watching on internet streaming services.
Old 13 Jan 2014, 19:18 (Ref:3353566)   #45
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
For live endurance racing, well, yes.

Auto racing other than NASCAR still gets awful ratings on network TV but a likely .6-1.0 is a significant improvement for sponsors and teams involved over the 0.1-0.3 ratings on FS/SPEED/ESPN2. Or of course the mere 2-5k watching on internet streaming services.
Those numbers don't sound so good, but it's still impressive in my book to get 2 hours on Network TV. It must be considered a bit of a coup for the teams, no?

I can't remember the last time any form of auto racing, other than F1, was covered live on any of the four main channels in the UK.
Old 14 Jan 2014, 02:24 (Ref:3353685)   #46
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

That's pretty awesome, not as bad as I thought it would be.im excited for the start on fox, eventhough I will work for probably the first 1:30 of the race.but it's till a good thing, hopfully I can find a good stream during the fs2 hours.and the overnight should be good enough.

Can't wait.
Old 14 Jan 2014, 02:43 (Ref:3353690)   #47
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looks like they're using the money from the manufacturer entry fees to buy proper TV time, extremely positive. Also, it appears they value their international audience, another surprising positive. We get FOX in Canada and anything on FS1 or FS2 we get on SPEED so it looks like we'll still be able to watch the season. I'll be at Daytona but this is great to hear for Sebring. Overnight camera coverage will be limited and the boring MRN announcers but hey - it's coverage.
Old 14 Jan 2014, 07:51 (Ref:3353727)   #48
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Just spotted we have over 12 hours of live coverage on Motors TV in the UK
Old 14 Jan 2014, 08:37 (Ref:3353738)   #49
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Just spotted we have over 12 hours of live coverage on Motors TV in the UK
Good stuff. I'll be interested to see what Euro streaming options there are (if any) so we can top up on the other 12.

Sometimes it's nicer to watch a stream than Motors' 'mobile phone recording of a 90s VHS' picture quality.
Old 14 Jan 2014, 09:04 (Ref:3353741)   #50
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Good stuff. I'll be interested to see what Euro streaming options there are (if any) so we can top up on the other 12.

Sometimes it's nicer to watch a stream than Motors' 'mobile phone recording of a 90s VHS' picture quality.
That would be fine if I didn't have such poor broadband