Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 16 Feb 2016, 22:07 (Ref:3615278)   #26
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanky Turtle View Post
I don't know if I'd call it dancing, but there's definitely girls
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
Oh well, easy come, easy go as they say. There are dancing girls, right?
I've seen dancing girls at Sebring on mobile dance "clubs", even with the pole .

Man, I wish I was going. I'll be there in 2017.
Old 17 Feb 2016, 14:15 (Ref:3615464)   #27
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
The party atmosphere in Green Park has gradually come down over the years, it really is kinda tame these days, feels more like Petit now (no offense!).

However, it's still a good event to go.
Old 17 Feb 2016, 14:46 (Ref:3615470)   #28
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post

The paddock is nice a flat and worth the effort.
It is also a paved surface, active before and during the race, and loads of vendors are set up there-food, drinks, t-shirts/hats, models, art work, etc.
Old 18 Feb 2016, 07:16 (Ref:3615639)   #29
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sebring test February 25-26. Pit lane assignments show 51 cars entered.

http://www.imsa.com/sites/default/fi...MSA%20TEST.pdf
Old 18 Feb 2016, 21:04 (Ref:3615820)   #30
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
I have tent camped at Sebring about six times now, all in Green Park near the hairpin. Skipped last year as I was feeling down on the series, but wanted to return this year to see the new Fords and Lamborghinis and such. Problem is that my usual traveling partner couldn't get the time off work, and some of our other group who were local have had babies recently and now can't make the trip.

So I figured I would just throw this out there, if there are any other tenthers who are planning to camp and want to meet up with someone and share food and race stories and such please let me know. I'm planning to get there Wednesday evening and stay until Sunday morning.
Old 18 Feb 2016, 21:34 (Ref:3615829)   #31
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
I have tent camped at Sebring about six times now, all in Green Park near the hairpin. Skipped last year as I was feeling down on the series, but wanted to return this year to see the new Fords and Lamborghinis and such. Problem is that my usual traveling partner couldn't get the time off work, and some of our other group who were local have had babies recently and now can't make the trip.

So I figured I would just throw this out there, if there are any other tenthers who are planning to camp and want to meet up with someone and share food and race stories and such please let me know. I'm planning to get there Wednesday evening and stay until Sunday morning.
I know a 10ther who went solo one year and had a great time.

And sorry, I'm going next year; not this year. I can only "handle" Green Park every 3 years or so

Have fun.
Old 18 Feb 2016, 23:04 (Ref:3615855)   #32
JoeF
Rookie

JoeF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't see SMP on there. I thought they said they were gonna run Sebring with the BR01. Guess they could still show but I thought they would attend the test.
Old 19 Feb 2016, 00:18 (Ref:3615866)   #33
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeF View Post
I don't see SMP on there. I thought they said they were gonna run Sebring with the BR01. Guess they could still show but I thought they would attend the test.
They'd only planned on doing the Rolex , they already shipped the car back to Europe.
Old 19 Feb 2016, 13:20 (Ref:3615988)   #34
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Sebring Int. Raceway ready to listen to your suggestions/complaints:

http://www.sebringraceway.com/news/1...gm-wayne-estes

@BobBaldwin: send the guy an email, sounds like he's the right person to talk to improve (some of) the things you brought up here for your upcoming visit!
Old 19 Feb 2016, 13:57 (Ref:3616001)   #35
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post

@BobBaldwin: send the guy an email, sounds like he's the right person to talk to improve (some of) the things you brought up here for your upcoming visit!
Yes! I have to believe they have someone on staff that would have specific information that may be helpful. Sebring was a B17 training base for WWII, and they celebrate that heritage, and always have. Now with Nascar's ties, there is another organization with a history of strong appreciation for those that serve and did serve, and that area itself has a large population of vets.

If there is currently no such support mechanisms, an inquiry may just start a ball rolling to establish one for the future.
Old 19 Feb 2016, 16:24 (Ref:3616053)   #36
Bob Baldwin
Racer

United States
Shelbyville Ky
Bob Baldwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Coach Ep : Thank-You for that link . YES I did send him an e-mail this morning , Short but I did offer suggestions as to what our concerns were .

We do realize that firstly for them it is a business and entertainment facility . We are NOT asking for any free stash or special discounts or even recoginition that we are in attendence .Only how thing might be made more accessable for us . Too late to plan for this year BUT Social Services at the Bay Pines Fla. VA is very much interested in putting together a bus load group for 2017

I will get back to you with what their response was

Thanks Again
Bob Baldwin
Old 20 Feb 2016, 01:50 (Ref:3616175)   #37
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Quote:

Good to know they are listening to the fans. I was kind of surprised to read that two of their main priorities right now are building a large grandstand and tearing down the scoring pylon, but I understand the tower is in disrepair and will eventually have to come down, just like the old water tower, or the scoring pylon at Indy last year.
Old 22 Feb 2016, 19:13 (Ref:3616815)   #38
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Racer has an article on the upcoming Sebring test:

http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/12626...y-sebring-test

Most of the big teams will be there and the full entry can be found here:

http://www.imsa.com/sites/default/fi...ist%202-17.pdf
Old 22 Feb 2016, 20:47 (Ref:3616837)   #39
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post

Other people's babies will spoil your fun too. Sorry, I'm not going this year but I have been by myself and had a great time.
Old 22 Feb 2016, 21:37 (Ref:3616858)   #40
Coach Ep
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Racer has an article on the upcoming Sebring test:

http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/12626...y-sebring-test

And

Quote:
The WeatherTech Championship sessions conclude a four-day event that also features four of IMSA’s additional series. The Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge, Mazda Prototype Lites Presented by Cooper Tire, Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge USA by Yokohama, and Ultra 94 Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge Canada by Yokohama will have alternating sessions on Tuesday and Wednesday, Feb. 23-24.

Sessions on each of the four days [Feb. 23-26] run from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. The test will be open to the public at $10 per day, or free to ticket holders for the Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring. There will be no overnight camping.
Good to share.
Old 22 Feb 2016, 22:22 (Ref:3616867)   #41
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I thought that Barbosa was going to miss the test because of his injury.
Old 23 Feb 2016, 16:01 (Ref:3617033)   #42
Coach Ep
Veteran

Lambo's response to IMSA's penalty mentions 6 Huracan for Sebring, we saw 5 at the Rolex with Dream basically replacing O'Gara in the line up.

Konrad 2x
Change
Dream
Paul Miller

Where's the extra car coming from? 2nd car for Change or another new team?
Old 23 Feb 2016, 16:56 (Ref:3617044)   #43
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post

Interesting omission of a driver in the DeltaWing group. Anything to do with Daytona?
Old 23 Feb 2016, 18:18 (Ref:3617071)   #44
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Lambo's response to IMSA's penalty mentions 6 Huracan for Sebring, we saw 5 at the Rolex with Dream basically replacing O'Gara in the line up.

Konrad 2x
Change
Dream
Paul Miller

It was probably written before O'Gara pulled the plug.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 23 Feb 2016, 18:35 (Ref:3617079)   #45
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Quote:

Konrad 2x
Change
Dream
Paul Miller

Townsend Bell still seems fairly confident he and Sweedler will be at Sebring with the Lambo one way or another.

http://www.motorsport.com/imsa/news/...crisis-674628/
Old 24 Feb 2016, 22:32 (Ref:3617500)   #46
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

A couple of cars listed on the tech inspection schedule for the Sebring tests tomorrow that aren't on the entry list. The DragonSpeed Oreca as expected, and Alegra have shown up with their BMW Riley that they purchased a couple of months ago.

http://www.imsa.com/sites/default/fi...Schedule_0.pdf
Old 25 Feb 2016, 01:49 (Ref:3617543)   #47
Coach Ep
Veteran

I forgot about Bell & Sweedler! Hope we'll see them back - if not in a Lambo then perhaps in Squadra Corse's old 458?

Going by their facebook page, Alegra looks set to compete. Good to have another P-class entrant (although they won't be vying for the win).
Old 26 Feb 2016, 14:06 (Ref:3617981)   #48
Coach Ep
Veteran

Dream Lambo getting some airtime at yesterday's test!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCOEg8PH...y=formulafotos

test report (incl. Dream crash) here http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/fi...-sebring-test/
Old 26 Feb 2016, 14:25 (Ref:3617985)   #49
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Dream Lambo getting some airtime at yesterday's test!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCOEg8PH...y=formulafotos

test report (incl. Dream crash) here http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/fi...-sebring-test/
Good to see the results. I checked on live timing during the first practice yesterday and it was still on Daytona. That Dragonspeed Oreca has a great livery.
Old 26 Feb 2016, 15:15 (Ref:3617996)   #50
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanky Turtle View Post
A couple of cars listed on the tech inspection schedule for the Sebring tests tomorrow that aren't on the entry list. The DragonSpeed Oreca as expected, and Alegra have shown up with their BMW Riley that they purchased a couple of months ago.

http://www.imsa.com/sites/default/fi...Schedule_0.pdf

judging by this pic

http://it.motorsport.com/imsa/photo/...id=6363228&i=9

the alegra riley should be a former ganassi riley ford or the chassis used by MSR in 2014. If you look well, the car has side exhausts and the turbo air take that only the ford ecoboost powered riley had, never seen before on a BMW/dinan one