Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 3 Feb 2006, 16:34 (Ref:1514909)   #1
suckmybuggy
Rookie

United Kingdom
Swindon
suckmybuggy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Joey Foster

Any news on what Joey Foster may be doigng this year?
Old 3 Feb 2006, 16:56 (Ref:1514923)   #2
Allan Craighead
Rookie

Canada
Cambridge, Canada
Allan Craighead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Last I heard he was coming back to America for a second season of Formula Ford 2000. I know he was looking for cash to do Champ Car Atlantic, but I don't think things have worked out. I should probably give him a ring when I have a moment.

Cheers,

Al Craighead
Old 4 Feb 2006, 11:50 (Ref:1515378)   #3
No 4
Veteran

No 4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I heard he was talking to Indy Pro teams. However, the rumour is that he doesn't have a budget. Therefore, it's difficult to see how he'll have any joy. Shame, he's a talented driver.
Old 5 Apr 2006, 10:08 (Ref:1571264)   #4
Scott Moyse
Racer

England
Whangarei, New Zealand
Scott Moyse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Budget budget budget

Isn''t it about time someone gave him a budget. I just can't belive the motorsport industry most of the time, they complain about the show and how it should be improved all the time. well how about funding the quality drivers instead of ones who know somebody, but can't really drive. And i reckon it's about time the BRDC put their money where their mouth is. i find it hard to believe that a Mclaren autosport young driver of the year award finalist can't get find the funding to race the next season. It doesn't say a lot about the scheme.
So please isn't it about time somebody backed a young driver with real talent!!!!!!!! It would be a crying shame to loose this undoubted talent to then used to runs!!

yours hopeful

Scott Moyse
(even though he is talented i'd still kick his ass!!!)
Old 5 Apr 2006, 10:12 (Ref:1571271)   #5
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I thought he was going to do German F3 - Just needs some Euros!!!!
Old 5 Apr 2006, 11:29 (Ref:1571323)   #6
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He's on the entry list for German F3 with HS-Technik:

http://www.formula3.cc/content/view/8389/45/
Old 5 Apr 2006, 16:26 (Ref:1571519)   #7
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope Joey does'nt get "dissapeared" in German F3, hopefully with his talent he should dominate but you never know with things like the language and cultural barrier etc. It would be a shame if Tregonys best ever racer did'nt make it!

BTW did anyone else notice the name of Rolf Biland on that entry list? Surely not the multiple World Sidecar and sometime f2 racer of the 1980s? Thinking about it an old class B Dallara could fit as he may also race in the Swiss F3 championship too. Also looks like a Konrad on there who could be son of Franz?
Old 5 Apr 2006, 18:39 (Ref:1571603)   #8
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Moyse
i find it hard to believe that a Mclaren autosport young driver of the year award finalist can't get find the funding to race the next season. It doesn't say a lot about the scheme.
He wouldn't be the first nor would he be the last....winning it doesn't guarantee you anything.
Old 6 Apr 2006, 11:27 (Ref:1572160)   #9
JF3
Rookie

Japan
JF3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HS Technik is competitive and Lola B06-30 will be not so bad.

More information
http://www.formula3.cc/content/view/8083/326/
Old 7 Apr 2006, 05:33 (Ref:1572802)   #10
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghinzani
Also looks like a Konrad on there who could be son of Franz?
Franz is Austrian and this man is German, so I'm guessing not.
Old 11 Apr 2006, 19:27 (Ref:1578779)   #11
Scott Moyse
Racer

England
Whangarei, New Zealand
I was lookign at the German F3 entry list
SLC? i have never heard of them, who are they? is it just a rebadged chassis,.
and i had no idea that mygale made an f3 chassis? is it any good?
Old 11 Apr 2006, 19:39 (Ref:1578785)   #12
Scott Moyse
Racer

England
Whangarei, New Zealand
n where is the no1 entry? nice to see joey is the top of the list!!
Old 11 Apr 2006, 20:04 (Ref:1578801)   #13
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
scroll down the forum or open your eyes and you tend to find something

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80953
Old 14 Apr 2006, 18:12 (Ref:1582355)   #14
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Moyse
Isn''t it about time someone gave him a budget. I just can't belive the motorsport industry most of the time, they complain about the show and how it should be improved all the time. well how about funding the quality drivers instead of ones who know somebody, but can't really drive. And i reckon it's about time the BRDC put their money where their mouth is. i find it hard to believe that a Mclaren autosport young driver of the year award finalist can't get find the funding to race the next season. It doesn't say a lot about the scheme.
So please isn't it about time somebody backed a young driver with real talent!!!!!!!! It would be a crying shame to loose this undoubted talent to then used to runs!!

yours hopeful

Scott Moyse
(even though he is talented i'd still kick his ass!!!)

It,s not just finalists who cant get any money, even winners struggle to raise any interest in their careers. The financial doors have hardly swung open for Alex lloyd since he won it a couple of years ago. The prize money is no longer significant, where a season of F3 costs several hundred thousand pounds.
Old 18 Apr 2006, 20:17 (Ref:1587932)   #15
pmaster
Rookie

pmaster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
see http://www.formel3.de/index.php?inhalt=news&id=315, the drive was confirmed today for the first two rounds
Old 24 Apr 2006, 20:21 (Ref:1594075)   #16
mbathshah
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
mbathshah has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Joey Foster?

Never really heard of him before - checked his profile don't see anything special - he seems a bit old at 25 to get to the top level in motorsport if he is still messing around in f3 Grmany?
Old 24 Apr 2006, 20:32 (Ref:1594091)   #17
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Two fastest laps and a race win on his debut! Good going Joey!
Old 24 Apr 2006, 20:57 (Ref:1594117)   #18
Suze
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbathshah
Never really heard of him before - checked his profile don't see anything special - he seems a bit old at 25 to get to the top level in motorsport if he is still messing around in f3 Grmany?
He's not really that "unknown" to be fair....
Old 24 Apr 2006, 23:04 (Ref:1594207)   #19
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
runshaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Ha! Not anything special? He is a formula ford festival winner in both Kent and Zetec classes and has been at the front of every single championship he has raced in. He's not really 'messing around' in F3 either, considering the debut he has just made.
Old 25 Apr 2006, 09:14 (Ref:1594439)   #20
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Looks like HS Technik might be doing a bit of UK F3 as well, hopefully with Foster driving.
Old 25 Apr 2006, 11:09 (Ref:1594525)   #21
Scott Moyse
Racer

England
Whangarei, New Zealand
Quote:
He is 24 actually, Mclaren the brdc and autosport obviously don't think he is too old as he wouldn't have been nominated for the young driver of the year award!!!

And he is the only driver in the 30 year history of the FF Festival to win all 3 heats, they organisers came up with a special prize for him just because he was the first to do so. And you should know of the previous winners of that event!!!???? Not only that how many winners of the Main FF Festival event have had the balls to return the year after and contest the Kent event? i think you will find not many if any, and not only that but he won that one with the mumps. No easy feat!!
And i haven't even brought up the Walter Hayes trophy. He has done so well with that event that they have given him the original trophy as opposed to a copy that they normally give the winners.
He was also very unlucky not to win the FF championship the final year he entered, but might i not he was in an inferior car (Ray) compared to having to compete against the works Van Diemen teams.
And in his first year of single seater racing (which was the final year of Formula Vauxhall) he was team mates with Rob Huff (we know how successful he has been since) who was champion that year in his 2nd year of the category. Joey finished runner up to Rob, and only lost it as a result of the drop rounds, he had a couple of unlucky retirements (or just 1 even i can't remember).
I think you will find the only reason for his lack of 'Real' or your kind of success is down to a lack of funding, and spent his money on all the racing he could instead of these 2 pages spread congratulations adverts you see in autosport magazine throughout the year!!! he's no arrogant rich kid with spikey hair, which might mean he is unknown to you?

Oh and although this is a bit far fetched because of his name and financial backing, nevertheless i will ask this question! How old was Damon Hill when he entered Formula One?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain Raine
Looks like HS Technik might be doing a bit of UK F3 as well, hopefully with Foster driving.
From the article (i only read the brief description as i'm not an online subscriber) on Autosport.com it sounds like HS Technik only want to do it with Joey, Or Hope/ would like to. i wonder which races? i hope its a donnington round, he has always shone majorly there in F3 cars in testing.

Just to note he set the fastest lap in the first race, with the rear end being unbalanced by 30kg, due to the mechanics having to change a rear pushrod due to being hit by a spinning car. Amazing achievement. The wet quali sessions didn't help his results, due to the quickest time being the very last car across the line on a drying track in the 2nd session and i don't know what the story was with the first session, but thats part of racing so can't do much about that!! I think this German F3 season will either be dominated by Joey or it will be a very close fight between him and Nico Hulkenberg.
Old 25 Apr 2006, 19:25 (Ref:1594843)   #22
pmaster
Rookie

Actually, he's 23.
Old 26 Apr 2006, 02:10 (Ref:1595062)   #23
Scott Moyse
Racer

England
Whangarei, New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmaster

Actually, he's 23.
uh yeah sorry he is the same age as me. lol seem i forgot how old i am lol. it's amazing what tiredness does to you. i can't believe i buggered that one up.
Old 26 Apr 2006, 09:19 (Ref:1595252)   #24
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmaster

Actually, he's 23.
He must be the only person i know who appears to be getting younger every day . It's a bit unfair to just slag Foster off when knowing very little about him. I have seen him in a Formula Ford on many occasions both from the side of the track and on it and he is a very good driver. The question which is fair to ask is how good ?, when considered against the likes of Hamilton, Di Resta, Rossiter, to name three. Will he get the chance to compete against the best, i hope so, but unless he has a rich benefactor, i would suggest not as the cost of competing in British or Euro Formula 3 is prohibitive, let alone GP2. I wish him luck though.
Old 26 Apr 2006, 18:31 (Ref:1595614)   #25
pmaster
Rookie

Born July 5th 1982: I should know, I was there!