Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 25 Dec 2020, 10:16 (Ref:4025179)   #951
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwood View Post
Oh god yeah, haha my memory doesn't stretch back that far!
It shows how long Tom has been around driving at the top level.
Old 25 Dec 2020, 10:47 (Ref:4025182)   #952
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
It shows how long Tom has been around driving at the top level.
Can't believe he made his BTCC debut in 2002?! He was basically straight out of high school!
That makes me feel very old, and I'm the same age as him!
Old 25 Dec 2020, 11:27 (Ref:4025188)   #953
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Indeed straight out of T-Cars into the BTCC at 17, and was the youngest driver ever till Moffat beat that record
Old 25 Dec 2020, 12:16 (Ref:4025193)   #954
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Very fresh faced, bright, eager, out of his school cap into a shiny helmet in the Barwell Astra in '02. Teammate was Kiwi Aaron Slight (legendary bike racer) so very little race car experience between them. Both were promising that year.
Old 25 Dec 2020, 14:02 (Ref:4025203)   #955
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
They were teammates in that car - won at Laguna Seca I think.
Max was barely out of nappies when Tom first got behind the wheel of prototypes.
Old 25 Dec 2020, 15:44 (Ref:4025206)   #956
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Andy Neate back in a Ford but not the one he drove this year? Apparently so.
Old 25 Dec 2020, 15:56 (Ref:4025208)   #957
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
Interesting...
Old 25 Dec 2020, 18:10 (Ref:4025211)   #958
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Where did you hear/see that?
Old 25 Dec 2020, 22:36 (Ref:4025226)   #959
medius
Veteran

England
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnoyedMoose View Post
Where did you hear/see that?
From someone in direct contact with a recently mentioned name. Additionally roundabout related, a press release early in the new year regarding a driver not yet mentioned moving to a team which should please a lot of people.

I think it's unfair to say the names as its not my announcement to make but this source called the PMR pull out before media day this year and others in the last few years so I'm confident that it's accurate.

Last edited by medius; 25 Dec 2020 at 22:42.
Old 25 Dec 2020, 22:55 (Ref:4025227)   #960
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Is that the older Motorbase Fochs then? If so who’s gonna run it for him? Very interesting.
Old 26 Dec 2020, 07:15 (Ref:4025240)   #961
Millvi
Racer

Millvi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Additionally roundabout related, a press release early in the new year regarding a driver not yet mentioned moving to a team which should please a lot of people.

I think it's unfair to say the names as its not my announcement to make but this source called the PMR pull out before media day this year and others in the last few years so I'm confident that it's accurate.
This is so general it’s pretty worthless. Bases covered, all sorts of possible moves it’s so general. Could be Chilton to Motorbase or WSR or Cicely. Or perhaps Cook back to PMR. Or Sheddon appearing back at Dynamics. Or something regarding the Motorbase and AMD tie up.

However, the Neate in an old Ford information is so specific it’s intriguing and got me a bit baffled.

Last edited by Millvi; 26 Dec 2020 at 07:28.
Old 26 Dec 2020, 09:47 (Ref:4025245)   #962
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Is Andy Neate going to run his own team again this year? Would TOCA be prepared to give him a TBL?
Old 26 Dec 2020, 09:51 (Ref:4025247)   #963
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Is Andy Neate going to run his own team again this year? Would TOCA be prepared to give him a TBL?
I’d imagine it’s more likely that Parker or AmD could run him, especially the latter if they are merging with Motorbase as rumoured. Don’t forget AmD crewed and prepped the TPCR Audi’s so there are plenty of crew that won’t necessarily follow TPCR to Excelr8.
Old 26 Dec 2020, 10:52 (Ref:4025253)   #964
Petoli
Racer

United Kingdom
Petoli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Neate not driving the Focus he drove this year.

In before it turns out he is staying with motorbase just driving the car that butcher drove this year.

Technically it would be a different Ford to the one he drove this year.
Old 26 Dec 2020, 11:38 (Ref:4025259)   #965
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Wheels View Post
I’d imagine it’s more likely that Parker or AmD could run him
With Jelley leaving Parker and their BTCC truck up for sale, do we think we'll see them back? I'm thinking Hill, Osborne, Neate and O Jackson in 4 Focuses/Focii. But that could be completely wrong!
Old 26 Dec 2020, 12:49 (Ref:4025263)   #966
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
With Jelley leaving Parker and their BTCC truck up for sale, do we think we'll see them back? I'm thinking Hill, Osborne, Neate and O Jackson in 4 Focuses/Focii. But that could be completely wrong!
I would maybe swap Butcher & Jackson in my reckoning as Bartie lured Butcher to lead the development of the Focus, so may want him as part of the deal. Not that I know anything on the ins & outs if it all.
Old 26 Dec 2020, 14:07 (Ref:4025270)   #967
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millvi View Post
This is so general it’s pretty worthless. Bases covered, all sorts of possible moves it’s so general. Could be Chilton to Motorbase or WSR or Cicely. Or perhaps Cook back to PMR. Or Sheddon appearing back at Dynamics. Or something regarding the Motorbase and AMD tie up.

However, the Neate in an old Ford information is so specific it’s intriguing and got me a bit baffled.
medius specifically said a driver not yet mentioned. I take that to mean a driver not yet mentioned in this forum for 2021. Of which there are many, both in BTCC last year and not. Righly or wrongly I'm taking it as someone with a JP or MJ or PMR connection as the PMR stepping down for this year announcement was a surprise for just about everyone.

Andy Neate in a Ford could be one of the older RS's or a brand new build - we know there are some, as they were in shot in the Motorbase workshop in the video and photos of the rebuilt Rory car following that nasty shunt. If AN is back I hope the mild mannered AN we saw for the first half of 2020 is the chap in the car. Given AN is financially sound these days and many folk will be struggling to get budgets together I would think AN on the grid is a cert if he wants to be.
Old 26 Dec 2020, 14:18 (Ref:4025272)   #968
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
I would be surprised if Parker are back. My guess is they sold the TBL on when SJ tied up the WSR move. Possibly Carl Boardley/ the team running him bought it. It would fit together neatly.

Of course all conjecture 'til announcements are made.

My thoughts are the combined Motorbase/ AmD effort will consist of last years drivers. AN is the one that intrigues me due to the different car mention. So maybe he has decided to go alone or join up with someone else.

Roll on media day and this thread will look like nonsense
Old 26 Dec 2020, 18:50 (Ref:4025299)   #969
medius
Veteran

England
Parker are gone. So are two another teams as we know them.
But one mega squad with race winners.
And one meaty team with title contenders.
Old 26 Dec 2020, 19:06 (Ref:4025300)   #970
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Parker are gone. So are two another teams as we know them.
But one mega squad with race winners.
And one meaty team with title contenders.
You are sure enough to announce TPR are gone from BTCC but give useless cryptic clues about other teams.

Name names or shut up.
Old 26 Dec 2020, 19:10 (Ref:4025301)   #971
Pickles
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_l View Post
You are sure enough to announce TPR are gone from BTCC but give useless cryptic clues about other teams.

Name names or shut up.
Parker are gone. So are two another teams as we know them. Laser and Motorbase

But one mega squad with race winners. Team HARD

And one meaty team with title contenders MB

At least that's how I read it...
Old 26 Dec 2020, 19:18 (Ref:4025303)   #972
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Parker are gone. So are two another teams as we know them. Laser and Motorbase

But one mega squad with race winners. Team HARD

And one meaty team with title contenders MB

At least that's how I read it...
Have Team Parker announced they are leaving, or are we just guessing from 1 transporter for sale and talking to some bloke who knows very little?
Old 26 Dec 2020, 19:20 (Ref:4025304)   #973
Pickles
Veteran

Quote:
Have Team Parker announced they are leaving, or are we just guessing from 1 transporter for sale and talking to some bloke who knows very little?
They haven't announced anything, hence my original question...
Old 26 Dec 2020, 19:23 (Ref:4025306)   #974
medius
Veteran

England
Quote:

Name names or shut up.
Calm down. MB. Speedworks. Motorbase. Figure out what combination you like the sound of.
Old 26 Dec 2020, 19:53 (Ref:4025310)   #975
mark_l
Veteran

England
Quote:
Calm down. MB. Speedworks. Motorbase. Figure out what combination you like the sound of.
This game of I know something you don't is getting tedious again.