Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 18 Apr 2013, 02:02 (Ref:3236007)   #26
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
I hate to tell you guys but the COTF FG isn't the same as the 2012 FG so why should it be exactly the same? All the cars are equal to within a fraction of a percent, and the Falcon's wing was changed prior to the season, when these things SHOULD have been done.

Reading between the lines the downforce in the body of the VF is much less than the VE, so the VF couldn't be made to have equal downforce to the FG, so the FG's downforce was reduced. I'm not an expert but this sounds like a sensible and cheap solution to equalising all the cars.
With the issues at FPR with strategy decisions, crashing & bashing, pitstops, tyre blow outs, intra-team fighting... I somehow dont think a change in rear aero is at the top of the list of things that would be causing their lack of performance consistency across their 4 cars..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 18 Apr 2013, 02:28 (Ref:3236014)   #27
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm inclined to agree.

Their post-race debriefs must be intense.