Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 6 Apr 2013, 01:08 (Ref:3229778)   #51
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langers View Post
No, their style is the same as the normal 3, and they've also referred to each other by name now.

Or maybe V8SC TV replaced them with robots?

anyidea who MCL is? currently in 5th

edit McLaughlan.
Old 6 Apr 2013, 01:18 (Ref:3229782)   #52
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
HProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Probably an issue with the feed. I saw the session live here on telly, and the sound was normal.

Great job by Whincup and Coulthard. Interesting to see both lead FPR cars being absolutely on the pace, with even Alexis making the top 10.
Old 6 Apr 2013, 01:22 (Ref:3229783)   #53
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langers View Post
Watching online, the commentators sound like Skaife and Crompton in the words they're using, but the tone is an octave lower than normal?! Anyone else getting this? Very strange.
Thought the same, one even called the other one Neil

Cheap takeoffs?????
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 6 Apr 2013, 02:44 (Ref:3229800)   #54
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
must be a bad look to have all the new manufacturers making up the rear of the grid. (aprt from the 2 rookies in the almost broke team
Old 6 Apr 2013, 02:57 (Ref:3229802)   #55
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Wanted to watch the Superbikes on 7mate but for some reason ended up watching a horse race for about five minutes. ?? Get it together seven....
Old 6 Apr 2013, 02:57 (Ref:3229803)   #56
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is it me, or has the coverage gone to pooh?

At first I was watching the bikes grid up, then it went to a commercial break, then it came back to the Aussie Racing Cars trundling down pit lane, then back to a commercial break, and there was 5 minutes of horse racing, and now the bikes are in the midst of a restart.

Did a Tasmanian Devil chew some cords in the OB van, or something?
Old 6 Apr 2013, 03:05 (Ref:3229805)   #57
bathurst
Racer

Australia
sydney
bathurst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it was only on the 72 channel. the 7mate afl was fine and the ch7 horse racing was fine, hopefully that's the gremlins out of the system
Old 6 Apr 2013, 03:17 (Ref:3229811)   #58
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post

At first I was watching the bikes grid up, then it went to a commercial break, then it came back to the Aussie Racing Cars trundling down pit lane, then back to a commercial break, and there was 5 minutes of horse racing, and now the bikes are in the midst of a restart.

It aint just you, that same thing happened to me too. Not happy Jan
Old 6 Apr 2013, 03:37 (Ref:3229814)   #59
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Amateur hour.
Old 6 Apr 2013, 05:20 (Ref:3229826)   #60
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
More than one drivers got away with a drive through today?
Old 6 Apr 2013, 05:34 (Ref:3229828)   #61
kiwi20
Racer

New Zealand
kiwi20 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the commentators are too quick to judge based on who their favorite is.
Old 6 Apr 2013, 05:49 (Ref:3229831)   #62
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi20 View Post
I think the commentators are too quick to judge based on who their favorite is.
nothing new there. Both drove with lowndes at certain times. Both love lowndes
Old 6 Apr 2013, 06:02 (Ref:3229832)   #63
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
so whats peoples opinions on the double file re-start and the 60:60 format?
Old 6 Apr 2013, 06:06 (Ref:3229833)   #64
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
so whats peoples opinions on the double file re-start and the 60:60 format?
One word on the restarts peckstar...... NASCAR
Old 6 Apr 2013, 06:08 (Ref:3229834)   #65
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR View Post
One word on the restarts peckstar...... NASCAR
valid word, think the commentators used it also at one stage in the wrap up.

Is that good or bad as an occasional thing? (few times a year)
Old 6 Apr 2013, 06:13 (Ref:3229836)   #66
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
We copied NASCAR our COF to a point why not the restarts.

To me its not a Australian series no more ( Thanks to TC ), but hey the fans have got no say in what V8Supercars do the series anyways, just look at todays poor TV coverage.

But what else can we watch from local motorsport!
Old 6 Apr 2013, 06:18 (Ref:3229838)   #67
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
I wonder if todays poor coverage (the races seemed ok, although some major errors) is a result of the the new TV package.

It would appear that there has been some cost cutting
Old 6 Apr 2013, 06:26 (Ref:3229841)   #68
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Double-file RESTARTS would've been better.

Race starts should still be a standing start.
Old 6 Apr 2013, 06:31 (Ref:3229844)   #69
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Double-file RESTARTS would've been better.

Race starts should still be a standing start.
any reason why? or just an opinion?
Old 6 Apr 2013, 06:46 (Ref:3229846)   #70
Umai Naa
Veteran

Opinion.

Look at the bunfight we had at the start of the race
Old 6 Apr 2013, 07:11 (Ref:3229849)   #71
formerf1champ
Veteran

Australia
Vettel's gearbox preparing bench
formerf1champ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had nfi about this 60:60, halftime bs. What were they doing? What was the point? Was it to get people to switch over to the footy or horse racing? As far as the races go, what purpose does it serve? It was a complete waste of time. I remember the same idea being used during the dying days of Auscar/Nascar, I didn't get it then and don't get it now. I don't know who's idea it was, but some of these people who think up these ideas. they're just idiots.

I'll make the effort to go to PI tomorrow, and if I find that the day has been cancelled due to some unforeseen circumstance, then the 4 and a half hour round trip back home won't feel like such a big waste to time as the toilet clogger of an idea we saw at Symmons. Next thing they'll do, is what happens after half time in rugby/league/soccer, they'll then go in the opposite direction

I would've thought Cotf could've held interest for a lot longer than two weekends? But no, already thinking of gimmicks.

Quote:
To me its not a Australian series no more ( Thanks to TC ), but hey the fans have got no say in what V8Supercars do the series anyways,
A large portion of fans are fair-weathered idiots.

Quote:
just look at todays poor TV coverage.
It's often been poor.
Old 6 Apr 2013, 07:19 (Ref:3229851)   #72
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
v8 supercars just added a photo to FB congratulating Fabian.

I assume that means he is now the winner and has been cleared of a bad restart (or at least they wont take the win off him for it)

edit

more info from v8 website

Quote:
ew Zealander Fabian Coulthard has upstaged defending V8 Supercar champion Jamie Whincup to steal the opening race of the Tasmania Microsoft 365 at Symmons Plains. While one of Coulthard's restarts was flagged during the race, he has been cleared and there will be no penalty.
Old 6 Apr 2013, 07:54 (Ref:3229859)   #73
Jam3s
Racer

Jam3s should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by formerf1champ View Post
I had nfi about this 60:60, halftime bs. What were they doing? What was the point? Was it to get people to switch over to the footy or horse racing? As far as the races go, what purpose does it serve? It was a complete waste of time. I remember the same idea being used during the dying days of Auscar/Nascar, I didn't get it then and don't get it now. I don't know who's idea it was, but some of these people who think up these ideas. they're just idiots.

I'll make the effort to go to PI tomorrow, and if I find that the day has been cancelled due to some unforeseen circumstance, then the 4 and a half hour round trip back home won't feel like such a big waste to time as the toilet clogger of an idea we saw at Symmons. Next thing they'll do, is what happens after half time in rugby/league/soccer, they'll then go in the opposite direction

I would've thought Cotf could've held interest for a lot longer than two weekends? But no, already thinking of gimmicks.

A large portion of fans are fair-weathered idiots.

It's often been poor.
Well the idea is to move away from fuel racing since honestly most longer fuel races last season were dead boring and a new car really isn't going to change that. It is a bit of a gimmick, but I'm glad they are trying new things to spice it up.
Old 6 Apr 2013, 09:02 (Ref:3229871)   #74
formerf1champ
Veteran

Australia
Vettel's gearbox preparing bench
formerf1champ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam3s View Post
Well the idea is to move away from fuel racing since honestly most longer fuel races last season were dead boring and a new car really isn't going to change that. It is a bit of a gimmick, but I'm glad they are trying new things to spice it up.
Drawn out "fuel" races are not the problem. I don't know how old you are, but Indycar races in the 90s (maybe even 80s, but I wasn't watching them) were fuel mileage races, and most of them were good. They were good to the point the a lot of fans preferred it over F1.

You can't try new things after one weekend. Can you honestly tell me what is the point of stopping the race half way through, in any context? Do you, or other fans, think there is some magical formula which can create close, combative racing for 100km+ all the time, but V8s haven't figured it out yet? Car racing, at the highest or professional level, by nature is a drawn out slog. "Fans" have to accept that.

Do you know what i was doing during "half time"? I flicked over to the Swans/Suns game, a game I seriously couldn't have cared less about. Next time, if a similar race format occurred I, and maybe others. will say "Oh, it's only the first half of this bs, I'll come back later."

"Fans" whinge all the time about anything. Time to start creating a credible motorsport series.
Old 6 Apr 2013, 09:21 (Ref:3229874)   #75
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by formerf1champ View Post
Drawn out "fuel" races are not the problem. I don't know how old you are, but Indycar races in the 90s (maybe even 80s, but I wasn't watching them) were fuel mileage races, and most of them were good. They were good to the point the a lot of fans preferred it over F1.

You can't try new things after one weekend. Can you honestly tell me what is the point of stopping the race half way through, in any context? Do you, or other fans, think there is some magical formula which can create close, combative racing for 100km+ all the time, but V8s haven't figured it out yet? Car racing, at the highest or professional level, by nature is a drawn out slog. "Fans" have to accept that.

Do you know what i was doing during "half time"? I flicked over to the Swans/Suns game, a game I seriously couldn't have cared less about. Next time, if a similar race format occurred I, and maybe others. will say "Oh, it's only the first half of this bs, I'll come back later."

"Fans" whinge all the time about anything. Time to start creating a credible motorsport series.
You nailed it, there is no magical formula.

Therefore we can use different formulas and create variety. tomorrow we have longer races.. next round we have longer races. later in the year we have races with co drivers

(you really switched over to watch a 1 hour delayed game? instead of watching GT and Bright blewing with each other and Clowndes given SVG what for)