Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 26 Mar 2015, 19:48 (Ref:3519997)   #166
Wild Dog
Rookie

Denmark
Denmark
Wild Dog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I actually quite like it. It feels somewhat like a mini Mount Panorama with the elevation changes and the barriers close to the track. Also adds to the fun-factor when you can watch a lap around the circuit.

Make more BTB or RTB tracks in the future!
Old 14 Apr 2015, 13:31 (Ref:3527370)   #167
SKG
Racer

Wales
Mid-Wales
SKG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Dog View Post
I actually quite like it. It feels somewhat like a mini Mount Panorama with the elevation changes and the barriers close to the track. Also adds to the fun-factor when you can watch a lap around the circuit.

Make more BTB or RTB tracks in the future!
I will if I have time!

Here is a little club design which I mentioned earlier but never finished and completely forgot to share. It is very short, comparable to Mallory Park in the U.K. (2.1km). A new chicane was added at the final part of the lap to improve racing and make the pit entry safer.

I have been away from my PC for a while, but we will be reunited soon, so there should hopefully be more content shortly!
Attached Thumbnails
52 plan.png   52 2.png   52 3.jpg  

52 4.jpg   52 5.jpg   52 config.png  

Old 14 Apr 2015, 15:34 (Ref:3527409)   #168
The IC
Racer

Australia
The IC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Heh...the esses and the added chicane immediately made me think of the recent changes to Sears Point/Infineon/Sonoma/Insertnewnamehere Raceway

That old pit entry must have been a bit suicidal...

The BTB track had a nice flow to it too
Attached Thumbnails
SonomaIndy12.9bc9a004cc457692f565d27e5fe876e4166.png  
Old 16 Apr 2015, 11:12 (Ref:3527891)   #169
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The IC View Post
Heh...the esses and the added chicane immediately made me think of the recent changes to Sears Point/Infineon/Sonoma/Insertnewnamehere Raceway

That old pit entry must have been a bit suicidal...

The BTB track had a nice flow to it too
That old pit entry of Sonoma is indeed very odd.
Old 15 Jun 2015, 01:24 (Ref:3550538)   #170
SKG
Racer

Wales
Mid-Wales
Been working on this one for a while, it went through a big design change half way through with a major change to the infield loop.

5 configs:

Grand Prix (RED): 5.8km

Endurance (BLUE): 6.3km

National (GREEN): 4.5km

School (YELLOW): 1.7km

Club (PURPLE): 2.0km

Highlights of the lap include a long (1.2km) pit straight, a flowing first sequence of turns and a Silverstone-esque sector out the back of the circuit as a true high speed test.

Thoughts? I usually have another circuit on the go but this time I am free. Any suggestions for my next one?
Attached Thumbnails
54 plan.png   54 1.jpg   54 2.jpg  

54 3.jpg   54 4.jpg   Untitled config.png  

Old 16 Jun 2015, 00:25 (Ref:3550957)   #171
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Forget the last one, that one resembles Sonoma.
Old 16 Jun 2015, 01:27 (Ref:3550973)   #172
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!
Sure there are elements that match Sonoma but that doesn't mean this circuit should be forgotten. The circuit has it's own unique elements.
Old 18 Jun 2015, 14:42 (Ref:3551883)   #173
SKG
Racer

Wales
Mid-Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by AoB Special Stage View Post
Forget the last one, that one resembles Sonoma.

99% of resemblances to real world circuits in my designs are merely coincidence, I rarely look to other tracks for inspiration and instead produce designs which I think would be fun or challenging to drive and provide good conditions for entertaining racing.

This design changed significantly half way through the process. I liked the way the track flowed if the shortcut after turn 5 (see old config below) was taken so much that I decided that it should part of the full circuit. I also liked the infield section so I decided to move it closer to the first few corners and rotate it slightly. This in turn opened up space for a small pitlane and the club and school circuit configs. The square-ish bends at the top of the circuit were a consequence of these significant layout changes.

So, you could say "That first bit looks like Mont-Tremblant" or "Forget the last one, that one resembles Sonoma", but in my case, and in others here as well I'm sure, there is a lot more to it than that.

P.S I actually quite like Sonoma...
Attached Thumbnails
20150415_184226_HDR.jpg   old new.png   54 plan.png  

Old 21 Jun 2015, 18:57 (Ref:3552762)   #174
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is my first post on here in many years.

I'm absolutely amazed at the detail you folks on this forum are going to these days. Some great ideas! Keep it up!
Old 21 Jun 2015, 22:04 (Ref:3552819)   #175
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyf1 View Post
This is my first post on here in many years.

I'm absolutely amazed at the detail you folks on this forum are going to these days. Some great ideas! Keep it up!
A My Tracks veteran returns ... I hope you will find time to contribute again.
Old 25 Jun 2015, 17:52 (Ref:3553905)   #176
SKG
Racer

Wales
Mid-Wales
My turn for a Bugatti circuit upgrade.

Reverting back to the old first turn (with extra runoff) means heading over the crest at the Dunlop bridge at top speed before braking into the new Dunlop chicane. The old chicane is retained.

A new hairpin leads to a slightly re-profiled infield bend, which sets up a new right hand loop which rejoins the original circuit.

The spirit of the Circuit de la Sarthe and the Porsche curves is recreated after the old turn 7-8 chicane with a series of fast curves before heading off the wrong way towards Maison Blanche much like SBF's design (a blatant copy, I must admit). A section of the Porsche experience track is used to shoot the cars back towards the final part of the Ford chicane and back onto the main straight (...curvy straight).

An important difference is that this design allows the same layout for the 24 hours to be used, albeit with a different pit entry utilising a part of the new Bugatti circuit (shown in green). The barriers around the area of the Ford chicane and the pit entry are quite tricky but they just about work (not shown here).

New config is 4.8km with 15 turns.
Attached Thumbnails
BUGATTI.jpg   BUGATTI config.png   BUGATTI 24hr.png  

Last edited by SKG; 25 Jun 2015 at 18:02.
Old 25 Jun 2015, 19:45 (Ref:3553923)   #177
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Why the new chicane instead of the old Dunlop Chicane?
Old 26 Jun 2015, 12:26 (Ref:3554045)   #178
SKG
Racer

Wales
Mid-Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by AoB Special Stage View Post
Why the new chicane instead of the old Dunlop Chicane?
I thought it would be cool to see cars going flat over the crest into the braking zone, it would give the circuit a different character. The new chicane is a similar profile as the old one, so speeds through it would be similar.

The old chicane before the bridge would be retained so bikes could still use the circuit. In addition, the new chicane can also be bypassed, so you can use one, the other, or both!
Old 19 Jul 2015, 15:21 (Ref:3559526)   #179
SKG
Racer

Wales
Mid-Wales
Its the "boosting an old circuit by building an exciting new loop" story again.

The new circuit can be used independently with its own pit/paddock complex, and more importantly it extends the original circuit to nearly 6km. With it's small radius corners and technical sections, the new section contrasts well against the original circuits long, sweeping turns.

This main pit lane exit is probably the most difficult section of track design I've came across since I've been doing this. The new pit out cuts across the original turn 1 and the cars at racing speed are guided away from the cars exiting the pit lane by three bollards. If the original circuit is used, the bollards are removed and cars exiting the pits stay right and follow the old pit lane exit.

Next step for the circuit would be to bring the original circuit up to the safety standards of the new loop. This would involve increasing runoff at the fearsome turn 12 and possibly relocating the paddock bridge to allow the barriers to be pushed back at the penultimate corner.

Thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails
53 plan.png   53 1.jpg   53 2.jpg  

53 3.jpg   53 4.jpg   53 config.png  

Old 19 Jul 2015, 20:40 (Ref:3559570)   #180
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
That pit exit is really well thought out and executed.