Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 29 Apr 2012, 08:18 (Ref:3066803)   #76
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Where is Alx Danielsson?
Old 3 May 2012, 20:42 (Ref:3068991)   #77
Tiny
Rookie

Sweden
Tiny has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurski View Post
Where is Alx Danielsson?
Does not have the money!
Did not want to go racing without any chance to perform.

Talk about TTA for Alx if the STCC will not happen.
Old 8 May 2012, 10:21 (Ref:3071078)   #78
W.A Trichlorostyrene
Veteran

W.A Trichlorostyrene should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So, two wins for Kristoffersson already. The races were quite uneventful overall, even if Rydell gave him a good run for his money in race 2.
Old 8 May 2012, 11:22 (Ref:3071116)   #79
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's turning into one heck of a year for Kristoffersson; 2 wins in SuperStars, 2 wins in STCC and 1 win in Porsche Carrera Cup already. It's like he's the Kyle Busch of Europe
Old 8 May 2012, 12:36 (Ref:3071166)   #80
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
PorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Kyle who?
Old 8 May 2012, 16:34 (Ref:3071293)   #81
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Rowdy
Old 9 May 2012, 12:54 (Ref:3071714)   #82
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not sure if this is a help for anyone or not, but for those of us in the UK, Round 1 of the STCC is available to watch here http://svtplay.se/t/103752/stcc Last year I couldn't view this as "you are not in the right country" (or something) but it worked when I tried just now.
Old 9 May 2012, 13:56 (Ref:3071754)   #83
davidjones
Rookie

England
Nottingham
davidjones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlbtcc View Post
Not sure if this is a help for anyone or not, but for those of us in the UK, Round 1 of the STCC is available to watch here http://svtplay.se/t/103752/stcc Last year I couldn't view this as "you are not in the right country" (or something) but it worked when I tried just now.
Nice one! watching it now!
Old 9 May 2012, 18:35 (Ref:3071850)   #84
DS"
Veteran

Germany
Germany
DS" should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Were there any fans at Mantorp, or did TTA drag them away? It would be sad to witness STCC dying in this season.

BTW: Just as I watch the Camaro race, what happened to the plans for a Danish Thundersport Championship? Did it go anywhere?
Old 9 May 2012, 20:10 (Ref:3071892)   #85
moonman
Rookie

moonman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I read on some swedish forum that there were a couple of hundread people there watching. Saw some interviews with STCC managin director it almost feels like STCC has given up already. But I must say they have themself to blame for not working together with TTA. Everyone knows that there cant be 2 separate series in a small contry like Sweden. Amazing how things can change, STCC was great in 2010 and 2011 but this year it will die.
Old 9 May 2012, 20:45 (Ref:3071911)   #86
Valker
Veteran

Finland
Tampere, Finland
Valker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DS" View Post
BTW: Just as I watch the Camaro race, what happened to the plans for a Danish Thundersport Championship? Did it go anywhere?
First DTC event was delayed by a month because they didn't get the cars from Howe in time. The first race will now take place at Jyllandsringen in 27 May. The evet is also the opening roung of Norwegian Thunder Car Championship (NTCC) so they should have plenty of Camaros in grid.
Old 9 May 2012, 22:13 (Ref:3071943)   #87
Metzo
Racer

Germany
Berlin
Metzo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonman View Post
I read on some swedish forum that there were a couple of hundread people there watching. Saw some interviews with STCC managin director it almost feels like STCC has given up already. But I must say they have themself to blame for not working together with TTA. Everyone knows that there cant be 2 separate series in a small contry like Sweden. Amazing how things can change, STCC was great in 2010 and 2011 but this year it will die.
that would suck
Old 10 May 2012, 07:59 (Ref:3072075)   #88
DS"
Veteran

Germany
Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonman View Post
Yeah. The only decent series is the Camaro Cup, and it might easily switch to TTA in 2013. The Porsche Cup is a joke, and the only ace the STCC might have are the NGTC regs. Then again, there won't be mass imports from Britain. But a lot words have been said about the split, so let the guys do the racing.
Old 11 May 2012, 09:13 (Ref:3072589)   #89
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Viewing figures actually up this year on last. Lets see how many watch TTA and if the STCC can keep up the figures. Only time will tell I guess.

Would be great for the STCC if Engstrom gets up to speed soon in the Honda too
Old 11 May 2012, 11:43 (Ref:3072639)   #90
Mike Sheraton
Racer

United Kingdom
Hemel Hempstead
Mike Sheraton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In my opinion, with drivers like Rydell, Gene, Nykjaer, Engstrom............ The STCC still holds the talent stakes.. Would love to see Rydell go back to something like the BTCC, but nothing like that can happen at the moment!
Old 11 May 2012, 17:53 (Ref:3072764)   #91
DS"
Veteran

Germany
Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Sheraton View Post
In my opinion, with drivers like Rydell, Gene, Nykjaer, Engstrom............ The STCC still holds the talent stakes.. Would love to see Rydell go back to something like the BTCC, but nothing like that can happen at the moment!
So did CART. But then the big stars and teams left one by one for the IRL. Although it may be a bit different with TTA, since you have to buy shares into TTA, if you want to enter the series.
Old 18 Jun 2012, 03:43 (Ref:3093913)   #92
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
2012 STCC...

No thread i see, has it lost its mojo

Current Standings...
Old 18 Jun 2012, 06:34 (Ref:3093937)   #93
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Yeah, seems like TTA is winning the war right now.

At this point, I think we can all agree that it would be better for STCC to fold after this season. If TTA could add the teams and brands currently in STCC to its grid it would become truely spectacular.
Old 18 Jun 2012, 18:30 (Ref:3094275)   #94
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, I liked the last race at Sturup. Plenty of action to keep me entertained. Just a shame no one in Sweden can produce a good TV broadcast to save their life.

And while there's been sparse crowds at the track STCC is winning the TV battle handily. This weekend 147k saw the STCC race and 29k the TTA race. From the first weekend STCC has been going up each time and TTA down in viewership figures.
Old 18 Jun 2012, 19:59 (Ref:3094324)   #95
DS"
Veteran

Germany
Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Magnusson View Post
Well, I liked the last race at Sturup. Plenty of action to keep me entertained. Just a shame no one in Sweden can produce a good TV broadcast to save their life.

And while there's been sparse crowds at the track STCC is winning the TV battle handily. This weekend 147k saw the STCC race and 29k the TTA race. From the first weekend STCC has been going up each time and TTA down in viewership figures.
That sounds pretty interesting. Of course I'd like to know, how this year's ratings relate to last year's STCC ratings. Because I can't imagine this year's ratings being better than last ones.

But I don't know much about Swedish television. Maybe TV10 isn't as available as the channel STCC is on. But I guess the Swedes here could clarify things here.
Old 18 Jun 2012, 20:25 (Ref:3094346)   #96
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
This weekend 147k saw the STCC race and 29k the TTA race. From the first weekend STCC has been going up each time and TTA down in viewership figures.
only 29,000 people watched TTA?!
thats really bad figures. sponsors will walk away at those small figures.
Old 18 Jun 2012, 21:15 (Ref:3094382)   #97
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DS" View Post
That sounds pretty interesting. Of course I'd like to know, how this year's ratings relate to last year's STCC ratings. Because I can't imagine this year's ratings being better than last ones.

But I don't know much about Swedish television. Maybe TV10 isn't as available as the channel STCC is on. But I guess the Swedes here could clarify things here.
I have the STCC viewership figures from last year in an excel file on another computer but they were from anything to 60k to 220k-ish. That is for the SVT highlights - I've got no figures on live broadcasts from Viasat Motor last year or Canal+ this year. STCC says Viasat had around 100k per race for 2011 and they were truthful as far as the SVT numbers go so why not. Last year you had:

Viasat Motor - 100k live audience (for the sake of argument)
SVT - 60-220k for 1hr highlights the following day, and another 20-40k for the replay on SVT24

This year STCC is on:
Canal+ live coverage, no idea on the figures
SVT - 1hr following day highlights, started first race at 70k, 110k-ish (I think) for 2nd weekend and now 147k. Haven't checked if the replays are still on SVT24.

Last year you got the feeling the vastly differing figures were due to SVT playing hide and seek with the show, barely a weekend having the same programming slot as the last and often on different channels. Thus far this year all races have been on the same slot, 17:00 on SVT1.

TTA broadcasts live on TV10 and as far as live coverage goes that is all they get. TV10 shows no replays of the races. TV10 is not available to everyone but pretty darn close to it. That said, their viewership figures are usually not fantastic and TTA scores high for being on that channel. Viasat Motor broadcasts a replay later the same day of the race itself and delayed full-day coverage the following week.

Opening weekend of TTA had 60k watching it. 2nd round had 40k, 3rd round 29k. First round had F1 qualifying immidiately preceding it which I thought was a good fit to drawn in extra viewers. 2nd round were on a DTM weekend which is also shown by TV10, and they drew 40k as well. This weekend clashed with the start of Le Mans, which had about 12k on Swedish Eurosport. Figures from Viasat Motor is not available.

Does 100k watch the Canal+ STCC coverage? I doubt it - everyone loves good news right now and that stuff would get published. Does 100k watch the exact same broadcast on Viasat Motor five hours after they could have seen it live? Using much the same logic, I doubt that too.

There's been a lot of talk about inflated spectator figures through the gate. Gothenburg has room for 10k at the grand stands, official figure was at 9k and the stands did not look 90% filled. Sturup claimed 5k when you could barely see a soul on the coverage (my guess is 1k-2k). In any case, those are lies and damn statistics - the above figures is hard facts from a third party which does all the viewership data collection for Swedish TV and has no axe to grind with anybody.

Make of those figures what you will. I thought TTA would be closer to STCC this weekend since Gothenburg is a marquee event for them, but I was wrong. How will the rest of the season pan out? I really have no idea.
Old 19 Jun 2012, 07:55 (Ref:3094622)   #98
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
PorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I thought the new grandstands at Gothenburg took 12k?

EDIT: According to this the new stands are indeed 12k. So 9k in a stand for 12k, could be about right. Also remember, due to the bad weather people could have bought tickets (or got them from a team/sposor) but decided not to go anyway since it was raining basicly the whole morning if I'm not misstaken.

Last edited by PorscheFanNo1; 19 Jun 2012 at 08:00.
Old 19 Jun 2012, 08:49 (Ref:3094658)   #99
DS"
Veteran

Germany
Germany
@Jimmy Magnusson: Thanks for clarifying that.
Old 19 Jun 2012, 09:33 (Ref:3094689)   #100
Obizzz
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
Obizzz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Gothenburg has room for 10k at the grand stands, official figure was at 9k and the stands did not look 90% filled.
I think it could be about right, they were pretty packed during the TTA race.

Sorry for the blurry picture but it showed the stands pretty well.

As soon as the race was over people started leaving to avoid cues on the way out I guess so any pictures taken during the prize ceremony are not representative of the total audience figures.

http://martinoberg.se/foto/TTA_Stands_01.jpg

http://martinoberg.se/foto/TTA_Stands_02.jpg

http://martinoberg.se/foto/TTA_Stands_03.jpg