Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 25 Nov 2005, 10:44 (Ref:1469934)   #1
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
2006 STCC News & Rumours

STCC has just released a preliminary schedule for 2006:

14 May - Ring Knutstorp
28 May - Karlskoga
11 Jun - Valer (Norway)
02 July - Ring Knutstorp2
16 July - Falkenberg
30 July - Gotland Ring*
13 Aug - Anderstorp
27 Aug - Karlskoga2
10 Sep - Mantorp

* Pending FIA approval.

I sure hope Gotland Ring gets the approval, even though it won't be the full, long layout (which, as far as I know, isn't fully completed yet). Overall I think it's a good, solid schedule.

The STCC will also move back to terrestial TV for 2006, and while that means more potential viewers I personally fear the coverage won't be as good - in terms of quality and overall coverage - as it was this year.

In terms of cars I haven't heard anything (as of yet, anyhow - JMeissner should know a LOT more about that than me though ) suggesting it won't be about the same as in 2005 - if anything there will be more cars on the grid, including Carl Rosenblad, the WTCC privateer, who might be heading back to the STCC (his plans for 2006 hasn't been finalized just yet).

All in all I seriously look forward to next year - 2005 was a blast and 2006 should be just as good (if not better)
Old 25 Nov 2005, 13:20 (Ref:1470033)   #2
Bezzen
Racer

Sweden
Sundsvall
Bezzen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBezzen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Robin Rudholm (ex Carrera Cup Scandinavia champion and quite competitive in the british Formula Ford series a couple of years ago) has more or less confirmed he will be back in STCC next year. Rumours say he will end up in the Mercedes team.
Old 25 Nov 2005, 13:35 (Ref:1470054)   #3
Valker
Veteran

Finland
Tampere, Finland
Valker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to Finnish Vauhdin Maailma magazine Tommy Rustad will drive Chevrolet in STCC next season.
Old 25 Nov 2005, 13:53 (Ref:1470070)   #4
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valker
According to Finnish Vauhdin Maailma magazine Tommy Rustad will drive Chevrolet in STCC next season.
According a topic in the rallycross section Rustad will do (also) rallycross.
Old 26 Nov 2005, 00:07 (Ref:1470413)   #5
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
JMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Regarding Gotland Ring:

What is left before the circuit is approved is guard rails, about 1 km if I don't remember wrong. Quite some money, but I spoke to one guy from the track today and he had no doubt that there will be STCC!
Old 26 Nov 2005, 00:33 (Ref:1470430)   #6
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
According a topic in the rallycross section Rustad will do (also) rallycross.
i was wondering if it's the same Rustad ..

Ciao Marco
Old 26 Nov 2005, 13:13 (Ref:1470730)   #7
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth
i was wondering if it's the same Rustad ..
I am sure it's them same.
http://www.speedsportmag.de/motorspo...l=r&driver=663
Old 26 Nov 2005, 16:33 (Ref:1470814)   #8
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMeissner
Regarding Gotland Ring:

What is left before the circuit is approved is guard rails, about 1 km if I don't remember wrong. Quite some money, but I spoke to one guy from the track today and he had no doubt that there will be STCC!
Yup, there was a piece on that in Dagens Nyheter today - should be great
Old 26 Nov 2005, 17:11 (Ref:1470835)   #9
Valker
Veteran

Finland
Tampere, Finland
I talked with someone from Gotland Ring (one of the owners if I understood correctly) at Ahvenisto (Hämeenlinna, Finland) in september, and he told me the extented version should be ready for STCC race.

(But he also claimed it's fancier track than Ahvenisto (or Appara as it's called) so I'm not sure if you can trust his word )

Threre was also something about the track on Finnish TV2 in Ruutulippu program. JJ Lehto and Hannu Mikkola driving Audi's there... how ever, based on those short clips, I understood the dlong layout is almost ready already.
Old 1 Dec 2005, 16:00 (Ref:1474813)   #10
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
I talked with someone from Gotland Ring (one of the owners if I understood correctly) at Ahvenisto (Hämeenlinna, Finland) in september, and he told me the extented version should be ready for STCC race.

(But he also claimed it's fancier track than Ahvenisto (or Appara as it's called) so I'm not sure if you can trust his word )

Threre was also something about the track on Finnish TV2 in Ruutulippu program. JJ Lehto and Hannu Mikkola driving Audi's there... how ever, based on those short clips, I understood the dlong layout is almost ready already.
Interesting

I wonder which layout he was talking about though. Naturally I'm hoping for the 6.55km one to be ready in time.. I mean, a layout inspired by the best parts of tracks like Spa-Francorchamps and the Nurburgring can't be bad...

On another matter, Camaro Cup ace Robban Kihlbom is working on a deal to field a BMW in the STCC next year. Apparently he got tired of winning all the time in the Camaro Cup series and now wants a bigger challenge.
Old 11 Dec 2005, 11:04 (Ref:1481580)   #11
Bezzen
Racer

Sweden
Sundsvall
Bezzen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBezzen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It looks like Robert Dahlgren is looking at racing single seaters again (Toyota Atlantics). That would leave a Volvo spot open. Perhaps an opportunity for Mikael Mårthen?
Old 11 Dec 2005, 11:48 (Ref:1481605)   #12
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
JMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I hope so, that guy does really have potential. Thought there are quite a few hungry drivers for that seat. If there will be Volvos on the grid, that is. It looks like it though.
Old 14 Dec 2005, 18:44 (Ref:1484121)   #13
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey Johan, do you have tentative or possible entry list? What does it look like? Promising? Audis still racing? What about the rumors of Volvo's return? Will there be new S40s racing?
Old 15 Dec 2005, 12:29 (Ref:1484673)   #14
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
It a bit too early yet.

But it looks like the entrylist will look not that different from 2005. Hopefully with some more entries.

No new S40's to my knowledge yet.
Old 16 Dec 2005, 15:48 (Ref:1485376)   #15
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Tobias Johansson and the MB-Sport Mercedes team has hired an engine-company in Sweden to do the engine work for 2006, as opposed to the one in Lichtenstein they used in 2005. They hope this will result in better and, more importantly, far more reliable engines.

The plan is to field two cars again, and if the engines work better we might actually see both cars out on track a bit more often than we saw in 2005

Hans Simonsson is in talks to again be the second driver alongside Tobias Johansson.

They hope to officially announce their plans some time in January.

(Source: STCC.se from a few days ago.)
Old 16 Dec 2005, 15:56 (Ref:1485380)   #16
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Johan Stureson and the IPS Motorsport Peugeot team, who this year took one victory and finished third overall, will be back in 2006, and they are currently working on improving the car for next season as well as working towards fielding a second car.

(Source: Sportinformation.com from a few days ago.)

A second Peugeot 407 on the grid would be great
Old 17 Dec 2005, 06:59 (Ref:1485641)   #17
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfan
Tobias Johansson and the MB-Sport Mercedes team has hired an engine-company in Sweden to do the engine work for 2006, as opposed to the one in Lichtenstein they used in 2005. They hope this will result in better and, more importantly, far more reliable engines.

The plan is to field two cars again, and if the engines work better we might actually see both cars out on track a bit more often than we saw in 2005
Great, it was so cool to see a C Class on the grid!! Or is it because my dad now owns one too?
Old 19 Dec 2005, 02:09 (Ref:1486327)   #18
Bezzen
Racer

Sweden
Sundsvall
According to the swedish tabloid Expressen the Audi team (KMS) wants Colciago to make a comeback in STCC.

Now, that would be fun.

The also say that Robin Rudholm could perhaps team up with Sturesson for Peugeot.

Dahlgren still rumoured to be looking at Toyota Atlantics. Expressen has Pontus Mörth as the hottest candidate for his Volvo seat.

Too bad it's a tabloid.... but, you never know.
Old 19 Dec 2005, 10:02 (Ref:1486506)   #19
Frederich
Rookie

Denmark
Aarhus, Denmark
Frederich should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
A second Peugeot 407 on the grid would be great
It is not likely with 2 cars competing in all races, however it is much more likely that Jens Edman will compete in some rounds (not clashing with DTC or the, by Peugeot Sport Denmark, selected rounds of the WTCC).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bezzen
According to the swedish tabloid Expressen the Audi team (KMS) wants Colciago to make a comeback in STCC.
Could be right, JAS (Honda) aren’t to keen to keep him and it seems like no other competitive seats are available in WTCC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bezzen
Expressen has Pontus Mörth as the hottest candidate for his Volvo seat.
I am quite sure that he will be driving a Volvo in the Danish series (DTC), I think that he is already confirmed (Like at least 18 other drivers, I think that Danish grids will expand to around 27-28 Super 2000 cars for 2006)
Old 19 Dec 2005, 16:06 (Ref:1486767)   #20
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederich
Could be right, JAS (Honda) aren’t to keen to keep him and it seems like no other competitive seats are available in WTCC.
I think if JAS would have the money they would keep him.

Quote:
I am quite sure that he will be driving a Volvo in the Danish series (DTC), I think that he is already confirmed (Like at least 18 other drivers, I think that Danish grids will expand to around 27-28 Super 2000 cars for 2006)
27-28 cars in DTC?
Old 19 Dec 2005, 16:55 (Ref:1486799)   #21
Valker
Veteran

Finland
Tampere, Finland
Quote:
Could you give some kind of list of these about 18 drivers? I've tried to follow off-season announcements on dtc-net.dk but while I have very limited skills on Danish, I haven't understood everything (or anything)
Old 19 Dec 2005, 22:54 (Ref:1487039)   #22
Frederich
Rookie

Denmark
Aarhus, Denmark
Quote:
Could you give some kind of list of these about 18 drivers? I've tried to follow off-season announcements on dtc-net.dk but while I have very limited skills on Danish, I haven't understood everything (or anything)
Confirmed:
Team Essex: John Nielsen and Casper Elgaard: BMW 320iS (e90)
Team Essex: Jens Møller and Phillip Andersen: BMW 320i (e46)
Team DBA: Jan Magnussen and Henrik Lundgård: BMW 320iS (e90)
Peugeot Sport: Jens Edman Peugeot 407
Peugeot Sport: Ronnie Bremer Peugeot 307 GTI
TBA: Tom Pedersen and Jørgen Weinrich: Honda Civic Type-R
Hartmann Honda Racing: Hans Hartmann: Honda Accord Euro-R
ARTS: Jason Watt og David Falch: Peugeot 307 GTI
Team Klosterman Racing: Kurt Thiim and Michael Klosterman: BMW 320i (e46)
Sylvest Motorsport: Jesper Sylvest: BMW 320i (e46)
Carlsen Motorsport: Michael Carlsen: Peugoet 307 CC
JM Racing: Michael Outzen: BMW 320i (e46)
Team Peugeot DTC Køge: Martin Pedersen: Peugeot 307 GTI
Iversen motorsport: Kent Iversen: Peugeot 406 Coupe
Volvo Motorsport: Pontus Mörth: Volvo S60
Hansen Motorsport: John Hansen: Alfa Romero 156 GTA
TBA: Jesper Ternvalt: Citroën Xsara

Likely
Seat Sport: Michel Nykjær: Seat Leon
Hartmann Honda Racing: TBA: Honda Accord Euro-R

Could bee´s
Seat Sport: TBA: Seat Toledo Cupra
Volvo Motorsport: TBA: Volvo s60
Connection Racing: Mike Legarth: BMW 320i (e46)
Team Sturup Raceway: Gunnar Kristensen: BMW 320i (e46)
Team Sturup Raceway: Carsten Leveau : BMW 320i (e46)

In total 30 cars, but around 25 cars are expected.
Old 20 Dec 2005, 11:52 (Ref:1487298)   #23
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
It is not likely with 2 cars competing in all races, however it is much more likely that Jens Edman will compete in some rounds (not clashing with DTC or the, by Peugeot Sport Denmark, selected rounds of the WTCC).
If enough funding were to be secured (which I assume is what it all comes down to, as always), what's speaking against IPS Motorsport acquiring and fielding a second car of their own?
Old 20 Dec 2005, 12:13 (Ref:1487310)   #24
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Privateers Cup will be back in STCC. Only cars from 2003 or older are allowed and not allowed to be upgraded.

I wonder how the stewards are supposed to be able to see that all parts are 2003 spec'.
Old 20 Dec 2005, 12:44 (Ref:1487324)   #25
Frederich
Rookie

Denmark
Aarhus, Denmark
Quote:
If enough funding were to be secured (which I assume is what it all comes down to, as always), what's speaking against IPS Motorsport acquiring and fielding a second car of their own?
Nothing, of course…. But it does not seem likely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMeissner
I wonder how the stewards are supposed to be able to see that all parts are 2003 spec'.
It is only possible to do this on homologated parts, otherwise it is impossible.