Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 14 Oct 2021, 16:58 (Ref:4078469)   #301
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Was it just me who laughed very very hard and loud when the Clown Prince Harvick wrecked himself? He should leave that nice young Elliott boy alone and pick on someone his own age.

I know the Stewart Haas cars have sucked all season, but Harvick looks like a man whose excellent driving skills have deserted. Bit like JJ after that Pocono shunt. Time for the retirement home?
Old 17 Oct 2021, 22:00 (Ref:4078908)   #302
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Exciting race at Texas so far, a lot better than I expected. Final(?) restart coming up. I hope Larson wins it.

Edit - Attaboy Larson!
Old 18 Oct 2021, 10:33 (Ref:4078947)   #303
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Definitely one of the best races of the season, Texas usually puts on a good show. Just shows you don't need all those gimmicks to make a good show. Well done Larson, he's definitely getting better all the time
Old 31 Oct 2021, 10:52 (Ref:4080792)   #304
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great finish in the xfinity race, congrats to Gragson. One helluva burnout as well
Old 2 Nov 2021, 12:18 (Ref:4081102)   #305
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm shocked, Kyle Busch might be insensitive??

https://racer.com/2021/11/01/nascar-...ille-incident/
Old 2 Nov 2021, 13:35 (Ref:4081118)   #306
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
While talking to reporters on pit road about his last-lap battle with Brad Keselowski for a playoff transfer spot, Busch described it as “just fricking r*******, man.”

Is redneck now a slur?
Old 2 Nov 2021, 14:02 (Ref:4081122)   #307
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Is redneck now a slur?
It is increasingly considered an offensive term, yes.
Old 2 Nov 2021, 22:34 (Ref:4081211)   #308
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
I read a report Kyle had used the "r word". Heck, I racked my brains. I racked them some more. I asked google for curse words beginning with r. Then I found a video of Kyle's interview on Youtube.... so he can't say "retard". What the actual f$%÷ is wrong with the woke wierdos that seem to be calling the shots in the US? No doubt he would have been in trouble if he'd said stupid or dumb. Are there any words in the English language people can use without some damn cry babies taking offense? Sheesh. It's a darn good job I don't drive a racecar for a living otherwise I'd no doubt have been tarred, feathered and banished to spend eternity with Beelzebub. Safer for Kyle and anyone else to just stick with "I'm just here so I don't get fined".

While I'm ranting how come little 12 year old Denny hasn't been on the naughty step of the NASCAR bus? The same whiny little brat who did the same 5h1tty dump on Chase Elliot a few years ago... if you can't take it, don't give it! I hope someone dumps Hamlin hard in the wall at Phoenix. I hope Larson takes the Championship, but Chase and Truex Jr are both good guys in my book - if not as deserving as Larson. Anyone but Hamlin, please...

Last edited by Alfisti; 2 Nov 2021 at 22:41.
Old 3 Nov 2021, 17:04 (Ref:4081324)   #309
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think it's a bit too much storm in the teacup. I've heard worse. Maybe it wasn't the smartest thing to say, so I can understand them giving him a quiet word about it. But NASCAR seems to be very picky on what people can say. The thing is though, we enjoy drivers speaking their mind, within reason obviously. I think there has been an overreaction. It's a shame really. Punish those who overstep the mark obviously, but don't lose your rag over a little thing someone said

As I said NASCAR seems to pick and choose what can and can't be said, without very good logic. There was nothing wrong with a bit of needle between Hamlin and Elliot and no one complained, so everything is ok. Let's just hope for a better race next time. It's hard to predict who will be champion. Just a shame the series seems to hit the self destruct button too often
Old 3 Nov 2021, 20:36 (Ref:4081359)   #310
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
I read a report Kyle had used the "r word". Heck, I racked my brains. I racked them some more. I asked google for curse words beginning with r. Then I found a video of Kyle's interview on Youtube.... so he can't say "retard". What the actual f$%÷ is wrong with the woke wierdos that seem to be calling the shots in the US? No doubt he would have been in trouble if he'd said stupid or dumb. Are there any words in the English language people can use without some damn cry babies taking offense? Sheesh. It's a darn good job I don't drive a racecar for a living otherwise I'd no doubt have been tarred, feathered and banished to spend eternity with Beelzebub. Safer for Kyle and anyone else to just stick with "I'm just here so I don't get fined".

While I'm ranting how come little 12 year old Denny hasn't been on the naughty step of the NASCAR bus?
Cause he doesn't run his mouth like an idiot. And obviously you are not well versed at all with it but you haven't been able to use that to describe anyone in YEARS. It's not a new thing for the US dude, find another something to get indignant about but that ship has sailed and come back for more words.
Old 4 Nov 2021, 18:48 (Ref:4081517)   #311
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Dale Jr. got the chance to try the new car at Bowman Gray and has posted a video where he talks about it. I think it's a pretty good video if you're curious about the changes, how it handles and so on:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tt9liBxC5C4
Old 4 Nov 2021, 20:35 (Ref:4081531)   #312
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfan View Post
Dale Jr. got the chance to try the new car at Bowman Gray and has posted a video where he talks about it. I think it's a pretty good video if you're curious about the changes, how it handles and so on:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tt9liBxC5C4
Cheers for the link, well worth a listen. I watched a video of Jr running the car and thought the soundtrack from that engine/ exhaust was awesome.
Old 7 Nov 2021, 23:02 (Ref:4082058)   #313
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Apparently nascar has it fixed, the guys running for the title are 1-4 with 80 to go. Elliot and Larson seem to be the 2 to beat
Old 7 Nov 2021, 23:08 (Ref:4082060)   #314
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Not at all dodgy that the 4 drivers for the championship are running 1-4...

Happened multiple times in the race too.
Old 7 Nov 2021, 23:37 (Ref:4082067)   #315
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
I believe they get to restart at the front as well. And previous comment was purely tongue in cheek.

The Cup line around Phoenix is just odd
Old 7 Nov 2021, 23:44 (Ref:4082068)   #316
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Ah well, Elliot ran off the tires it seems, no bells in North Georgia this evening sadly it seems

Well done on the burnout Larson, almost half the lap burnout Kulwicki style as well, think the PJ traction compound stopped a full lap.

Last edited by broadrun96; 7 Nov 2021 at 23:53.
Old 7 Nov 2021, 23:51 (Ref:4082069)   #317
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Kyle Larson absolutely dominated this year and deserves to be champ. Good for him!
Old 7 Nov 2021, 23:52 (Ref:4082070)   #318
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Ah well, Elliot ran off the tires it seems, no bells in North Georgia this evening sadly it seems
That's a shame but it's Elliott with two Ts
Old 8 Nov 2021, 01:14 (Ref:4082082)   #319
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
That's a shame but it's Elliott with two Ts
Tell Samsung, the Koreans don't give to Ts about it
Old 8 Nov 2021, 09:41 (Ref:4082132)   #320
S griffin
Veteran

Well done to Larson on that title, let's see what he can do next year
Old 8 Nov 2021, 18:57 (Ref:4082242)   #321
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Kyle Larson absolutely dominated this year and deserves to be champ. Good for him!
Absolutely. The lad was dominant all year and on pretty much every type of track. Congrats!

One thing I do wonder... is old Smoke $%€@ed with Ford for not letting him sign Kyle or did he just shrug his shoulders and get on with it. I reckon the latter. Ford's miss, Chevy's hit. I did see a video of Smoke watching a race on TV recently and he had a diecast of the 5 on the stand. Want one of those myself but been struggling to get one.
Old 8 Nov 2021, 19:19 (Ref:4082246)   #322
S griffin
Veteran

While NASCAR has been self destructive of late, people like Larson keep it worth following. No wonder Smoke is very interested in him, they would make a great combo. But there are other factors to consider. Hope something happens
Old 2 Dec 2021, 13:18 (Ref:4086257)   #323
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Richard Petty has sold up shop to GMS says AutoWeek.

No detail other than both charters were in the deal. My memory fails me as to who has been using the second Petty charter - but suggestion is GMS will be running two chartered cars.

Another one of the "big" names going saddens me. Time moves on I guess and I can always watch footage of old races to see my heroes Petty, Waltrip, Labonte and Earnhardt.
Old 2 Dec 2021, 13:22 (Ref:4086259)   #324
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
He was leasing it to RWR for 2021. Yeah, the team has 2 signed drivers, Erik Jones (RPM) in the 43 and Ty Dillon(GMS) in the 96. The 96 did not have a charter before the sale

Remember though this was NOT Petty Enterprises but rather RPM of which The King was only 15% shareholder and the rest of the family was not involved. it removes the name but everything else was gone years ago
Old 5 Dec 2021, 23:02 (Ref:4087042)   #325
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Some money being spent on Wilkesboro and Rockingham...

https://youtu.be/2_SKRT-ZuJk

Dare we dream of Cup racing?