Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 8 Aug 2022, 15:24 (Ref:4122237)   #301
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimmy View Post
No second Wall Racing Honda this weekend. Are Stan no longer willing to pay for it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
And no Brad Shiels in the Tilton Hyundai either? Will these two no show’s be back at Sandown?

Not to mention that Mineef stepping into the ex-Macdougall Forza Audi was a net loss as the VW was parked too.

Wouldn’t want it to drop any further than the 18 seen today
Mclellan and Boyd are both out, Boyd having much bigger fish to fry. All of these cars have to stand on their own two feet now and I'm really not so sure the move to Stan is helpful.
Old 9 Aug 2022, 17:50 (Ref:4122358)   #302
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimmy View Post
Anywhere to watch race 2? Motorsport.tv haven't made it available, much like Symmons Plains.
It has now appeared, if anyone hasn't seen it yet.
Old 18 Sep 2022, 22:31 (Ref:4126451)   #303
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A very wet Sandown provided the usual mix of winners.

The end of race 2 (together with the end of the second GT race) must be amongst the most unusual finishes to a motor race.

All credit must go to the officials, volunteers, teams and TV crew who brought us a weekend of some of the best racing this season.
Old 17 Oct 2022, 02:11 (Ref:4130549)   #304
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Not AU but still TCR drama:
Target accuse Comtoyou of data theft in TCR Europe paddock scandal
https://www.touringcartimes.com/2022...nk4nmnm8y1yQXw

Seems pretty juicy. I wonder who blew the whistle?
Old 18 Oct 2022, 18:19 (Ref:4130753)   #305
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Not AU but still TCR drama:
Target accuse Comtoyou of data theft in TCR Europe paddock scandal
https://www.touringcartimes.com/2022...nk4nmnm8y1yQXw

Seems pretty juicy. I wonder who blew the whistle?
https://tentenths.com/forum/showthre...=156786&page=3
Old 13 Nov 2022, 06:41 (Ref:4133446)   #306
GHOGH
Racer

GHOGH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bathurst International Weekend.

Tony D'Alberto winning the championship even though his Honda struggled for a front running pace. 2 points in front of Brown.

Sunday - Race 2 was cancelled due to the weather. Saturday Race 1- was dryish, notable for Jay Hanson sliding into the wall. Sweeny won from O'Keeffe and Morcom

Race 3 was eventful with Brown eventually winning from Sweeny and Buchan.

As well as the usual Kangaroo break, there was a tortoise aided from the track by event staff.
Old 13 Nov 2022, 21:52 (Ref:4133548)   #307
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Congratulations to Mr D'Alberto & Wall Racing!

The BoP does not seem kind to the Civic with straight line handling.

Interesting to see Mr Clemente step out of his pre-evo Civic and into the Audi, and show an immediate jump in competitiveness...

Wonder if Honda will be back next year, with the new Civic Type R body shape coming, the current cars will be superseded
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 13 Nov 2022, 22:56 (Ref:4133554)   #308
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
ARG basically gave them every opportunity to win it, you'd think, to entice a return...

No confirmation yet, that I can see, of a new model in the pipeline. Although there's plenty of the current ones hitting the market.

What surprised me was that they sought to use a perfectly good race car for promo duties.

I suppose, none of the other half a dozen mothballed chassis made an appearance either.
Old 14 Nov 2022, 03:34 (Ref:4133573)   #309
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
What surprised me was that they sought to use a perfectly good race car for promo duties.

I suppose, none of the other half a dozen mothballed chassis made an appearance either.
Hopefully it topped up the budget of the car’s regular pilot to fund the Audi ride..
Old 14 Nov 2022, 03:55 (Ref:4133575)   #310
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My understanding is that the car used, previously carried the Stan livery.

GRM also thought to lug a spare Alfa up, only to stick it in the museum.

For what is meant to be their marquee event, you'd think they'd be able to find a couple more ring-ins...
Old 14 Nov 2022, 23:44 (Ref:4133761)   #311
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The last race was certainly one of the best races of 2022.

Will's pass at the Kink was especially entertaining.

Sadly, as a supporter of Jay Hanson, I am now starting to lose faith.
Old 15 Nov 2022, 09:45 (Ref:4133810)   #312
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jay Hanson...look, the kid is quick but one of the latest spec cars in the field is being wasted on him as he seems to bin it every meeting.

Surely that can't go on ?
Old 16 Nov 2022, 01:05 (Ref:4133902)   #313
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:

Mr Rust called out as the Clemente car..
Old 12 Dec 2022, 22:47 (Ref:4136943)   #314
Umai Naa
Veteran

So JAS Motorsport have revealed the new FL5 Civic TCR overnight.

Deliveries to customer teams to occur in April '23.
Old 13 Dec 2022, 03:50 (Ref:4136958)   #315
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looks good!

Maybe JAS should make it handle corners worse so they get more favourable straight-line handling BOP, but unfortunately they've been building touring cars for too long.
Old 13 Dec 2022, 17:40 (Ref:4137054)   #316
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
Looks good!

Maybe JAS should make it handle corners worse so they get more favourable straight-line handling BOP, but unfortunately they've been building touring cars for too long.
Or use the sedan version.
Old 14 Dec 2022, 04:30 (Ref:4137097)   #317
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Or use the sedan version.
The hatch already has a sedan-like profile (which many complain about, not realising the aerodynamic benefits), the Civic hasn't been a two-box hatch for 4 generations now, so I don't think drag from a steep C-pillar angle (which it doesn't have) is the issue.

Old 14 Dec 2022, 10:38 (Ref:4137128)   #318
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Nice to see the Honda in proper works colours. Really suits it.
Old 15 Dec 2022, 05:52 (Ref:4137218)   #319
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Nice to see the Honda in proper works colours. Really suits it.
The yellow/red/white seemed to pay homage to the DJR ‘03 BA Falcon livery..
Old 17 Dec 2022, 07:35 (Ref:4137402)   #320
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Too early to start a roll call for next year?

Honda/Wall Racing:
Tony D’Alberto? (If the new cars won’t be delivered until April, does Honda Australia have any incentive to back an old model for half a year)
Any takers for the ex-STAN car?
What ever happened to John Martin?

Zac Souter - Presumably back again

Hyundai/HMO
3x Elantra’s or still an i30?
Nathan Morcom - ran at the front at Bathurst in Race 2, presumably has a drive as long as he wants it
Josh Buchan - setup for a championship challenge
Bailey Sweeney - Super2?

Luke King - Presumably back again?

Audi/MPC
Jay Hanson - Super 2?
Will Brown - Probably depends on liqui Moly
Michael Clemente - a one off at Bathurst or now a full year with them?
Lachlan Mineef - found form at Bathurst , back again?
Any more new spec Audi’s coming?

Peugeot:
Aaron Cameron - made noises on the parked up podcast he was moving to super 2 next year
Dylan O’Keefe - concentrate on Porsches?
Jordan Cox - setup to chase the title next year
Ben Bargwanna - presumably back again

Renault:
Are they still going to press on with them?
Does Moffat want a quicker car?
Kody Garland again or does another graduate of the Ambrose combine take the spot?

ASM - only a one car effort and only team with an Alfa, would they move on next year?
Michael Caruso - does he want to still run mid-pack? Does he need a full season drive to stay relevant for Supercars co-driving duties?

Brad Shiels/Tilton?
The ex-Mineef Volkswagons
Braydon Willmington
Toyota?
Lynk & Co?
Cupra?

Not a lot of news yet and not really that long until round 1 next year. Is that a worry? Next year is supposed to be the biggest yet for TCR Australia with two rounds of the World Series after all

Quote:
Was definitely the Clemente car, had all his sponsor signage and his name still on the passenger dashboard area