Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 19 Jun 2021, 19:19 (Ref:4057202)   #196
Gerard C
Veteran

French Polynesia
My place
Gerard C should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGerard C should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGerard C should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
May be a good opportunity for Zarco to win in Germany. And why not a convincing come back for MM?
Old 20 Jun 2021, 05:49 (Ref:4057269)   #197
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
May be a good opportunity for Zarco to win in Germany. And why not a convincing come back for MM?
Yes it looks interesting up the sharp end of the field as Quarteraro is not running away with it after his penalty. As for a Marquez win I don't think it's on the cards just yet
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 20 Jun 2021, 06:52 (Ref:4057273)   #198
Gerard C
Veteran

French Polynesia
My place
Gerard C should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGerard C should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGerard C should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Hondas look in a better shape but I wonder how the grid will look like next year with eight Ducati's of all colors…
Fabio's penalty was well deserved but I hope his leather suit maker has learn something from this crazy story!
Old 20 Jun 2021, 14:53 (Ref:4057383)   #199
Gerard C
Veteran

French Polynesia
My place
Il ne faut jamais sous-estimer un lion blessé! Quartararo keeps his championship position. I wonder what really happened to Zarco?
Old 20 Jun 2021, 20:50 (Ref:4057503)   #200
justracing
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I don't think anyone saw that result coming, great result for MM and thoroughly deserved, his bravery when it started to rain paid off. Quartararo used his head to add to his points tally and it's so good to the mixture of manufacturers at the pointy end, I really wanted to see Espargaro grab a podium on the Aprilia but I'll settle for a KTM. With the grid so tight I can't wait for Assen.
Old 21 Jun 2021, 06:00 (Ref:4057534)   #201
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Amazing to see Marc win again, after so much hardship, first Honda victory since his last win 581 days ago apparently. He lead every lap over the start finish line.
Very brave pulling away from the field in the mixed conditions.
Old 21 Jun 2021, 10:04 (Ref:4057570)   #202
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
That is impressive from Marquez, is this a one off or a sign of things to come? We'll see, it seems he has lost some of that invincibility he had. But no reason why he can't still be a contender. Form is temporary, class is permanent
Old 24 Jun 2021, 19:11 (Ref:4058044)   #203
Gerard C
Veteran

French Polynesia
My place
The more we go the more I think VR will stop at the end of this '21 season. Hopefully he'll remain around with his academy. What a great Champion.
Old 24 Jun 2021, 19:27 (Ref:4058045)   #204
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
Indeed. Nothing should take away from his great legacy. It was thanks to Vale I got into bike racing.

I too think he will hang up his helmet at the end of the year, shame the last few years haven’t been kind to him, but he will always be a great legend and a great character too
Old 25 Jun 2021, 15:03 (Ref:4058153)   #205
Gerard C
Veteran

French Polynesia
My place
Oops, MM high siding during FP2, he's been lucky. Ducati take the risk to keep the riders in the box and dont send them under the heavy rain. Very wise imo.
Old 26 Jun 2021, 15:19 (Ref:4058311)   #206
justracing
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow! Maverick's on fire! where's this sudden turnaround in performance come from?
Old 26 Jun 2021, 18:25 (Ref:4058324)   #207
Gerard C
Veteran

French Polynesia
My place
New suspensions settings it seems. What is said is that he asked for the same settings used by FQ. Works fine…

Last edited by Gerard C; 26 Jun 2021 at 18:35.
Old 26 Jun 2021, 20:27 (Ref:4058333)   #208
justracing
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
New suspensions settings it seems. What is said is that he asked for the same settings used by FQ. Works fine…
If it was that simple why haven't Yamaha tried it before instead of watching him tool round at the back of the field, very strange.
Old 27 Jun 2021, 05:32 (Ref:4058352)   #209
Gerard C
Veteran

French Polynesia
My place
Yes very strange indeed but may be each rider went his way at the beginning of the season. Its a real hassle and pain in the neck to fix the suspensions for race use. One degree of steering angle (equivalent of castor of a car) and you're in another dimension. Not forgetting that the wheelbase is variable…
Old 27 Jun 2021, 09:11 (Ref:4058378)   #210
S griffin
Veteran

Great qualifying by Maverick, but Marquez really bought back to down to earth after his win in Germany. His crash in FP2 must have really affected him

Good to see the Doctor a bit nearer the front