Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 1 Oct 2019, 09:17 (Ref:3931248)   #226
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
but Cook has a bigger lead in that than Turks in the overall standings

and who knows , maybe his pal Sutton will give him a hand as he has nothing to fight for
Old 1 Oct 2019, 09:31 (Ref:3931253)   #227
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
but Cook has a bigger lead in that than Turks in the overall standings

and who knows , maybe his pal Sutton will give him a hand as he has nothing to fight for
Maybe, maybe not.

Just making the point that BTC are far from certain to take away a title this season (Drivers or Teams). Cook has a lead, but it should not be compared to the lead in the overall championship.

E.g.

In the main championship, if Turkington has a DNF. Cammish has to finish ahead of 14 other drivers to take a single point, and ahead of 28 other drivers to take 20 points.
In the Indy Drivers, if Cook has a DNF. Butcher (theoretically) only has to finish ahead of 4 other drivers to take a point, and ahead of 18 other drivers to take 20 points.

A 22 point lead in the Independants can be overhauled easier than in the main championship (ignoring bonus points).
Old 1 Oct 2019, 16:23 (Ref:3931320)   #228
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Welcome to the forum Mr Cammish Sr, nice to have a bit of insight from you
I thought Tim Harvey was Camish's dad
Old 1 Oct 2019, 16:50 (Ref:3931322)   #229
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
That's a secret between Tim and Mrs Cammish. Shush!
Old 1 Oct 2019, 20:41 (Ref:3931361)   #230
3marinadrive
Rookie

3marinadrive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Impressive ...but...

He was beaten by a Independent driver in a so called inferior car though ....he is an incredible driver, but not one person had realised that the most impressive driver was arguably Jake Hill...he was over a second faster than anyone else on slicks on the last three laps when it was properly wet....he came from P16 to P3 and was on for a Win if it hadn't rained more. But Hill isn't in a manufacturer car so is not thought of like FIG JAM Cammish is....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameronpoe View Post
Hi, I watched the race from the Dynamics Pit, Matts decision to change to Slicks very early was a no brain decision as he had nothing to loose and everything to gain.
Goff was on Wets from Pit Lane at get go, his first flying lap was around 1 min 3 seconds, Dan was doing 1 min 5 seconds and the car was hooked up and Dan likes the greasy conditions and the feel of the car in those conditions, when the Safety Car came there was totally the narrowest window possible to make the decision to change, ultimately as is known he did not change, on restart Dan was consistently in 1 min 5 & 6 , with the chasing pack of wet shod cars needing 1 min 2-3 seconds for a lap, up to lap 18 there was no chance his strategy would fail baring a crash, what changed was the rain came heavier and the track started to flood and the light went, Moffat was on Wets and spun at copse! , from around lap 19 Dans times started to drop into the 1 min 10, then onto 1 min 11 & 12 and his goose was cooked, so there was no brilliant strategy from anybody just vagaries of weather, Jack Goff had nothing to loose and made a call that won him the race, as we saw in R2 if the track goes greasy the 3 series selects reverse so for them to change was a no brainer as well as they were looking at no points and losing the championship lead, at the end it was pure luck that the COC decided to run the race to the end, anybody in the gravel or barrier after lap 19 and the race would probably have been red flagged and possible Dans title chances hinged on needing that moment but alternative to that is he was in the position he was in the points down to misfortune to the two WSR cars at Knockhill so luck swings around over the season.
Whatever anyone thinks of Dan and it can be very polarising, his car control with 42Kg was simply stunning and his bravery is without question, his first crash of the season was at 30 mph into a person driving straight when entering a left hand bend for which he has rightly apologised and will need to write a substantial cheque which will hurt an ordinary guy like Dan who works full time as Maintenance Planner.
On to Brands for the finale, still all to play for but we all agree Silverstone was disappointing it could have been a little better in so many ways or a lot better if there would have been a 20th lap in R2. Note as Dans Dad I am not getting involved in the R2 incident , we all have opinions and mine is obvious what I would say is hopefully next season TOCA will look at allowing the radio traffic to be part of the TV show because if it had been it would have provided balance to the incident that is now sadly lacking, anyway last word from me, sport is about excitement and opinions I was personally drained driving home last night as I expect were the drivers and there families it was a really tough day, congratulations to Speedworks and in particular Team Hard, I Know Tony Gilham a bit and I am really pleased for him, unfortunately his day in the sun turned out to be "****ing down" but you could see how much it meant to him through the gloom!!!!
Old 2 Oct 2019, 12:25 (Ref:3931459)   #231
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3marinadrive View Post
He was beaten by a Independent driver in a so called inferior car though ....he is an incredible driver, but not one person had realised that the most impressive driver was arguably Jake Hill...he was over a second faster than anyone else on slicks on the last three laps when it was properly wet....he came from P16 to P3 and was on for a Win if it hadn't rained more. But Hill isn't in a manufacturer car so is not thought of like FIG JAM Cammish is....
I though Jake was one of the real stars, thought the fact MN news only gave him a 5 out of ten baffles me. Not only did he gain a load of places in R1 he was flying in the wet in R2 when the red flag cut his charge short. R3 he was the class of the field, cannot believe he kept the car in the track let alone his pace over the other slick shod cars.

FIG JAM? Anyone car to enlighten me?
Old 2 Oct 2019, 12:27 (Ref:3931460)   #232
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Wheels View Post
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=FIGJAM

Although for Hill, the M used to be replaced with 'his dad'.
Old 2 Oct 2019, 13:03 (Ref:3931470)   #233
AmD Tuning
Rookie

AmD Tuning should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
BTC are winning the Indy titles , so they won't go empty handed
No, No, No!!
Old 2 Oct 2019, 13:04 (Ref:3931471)   #234
AmD Tuning
Rookie

Quote:
I though Jake was one of the real stars, thought the fact MN news only gave him a 5 out of ten baffles me. Not only did he gain a load of places in R1 he was flying in the wet in R2 when the red flag cut his charge short. R3 he was the class of the field, cannot believe he kept the car in the track let alone his pace over the other slick shod cars.

Rob Austin doesn't like Jake
Old 2 Oct 2019, 13:06 (Ref:3931474)   #235
AmD Tuning
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3marinadrive View Post
I think Jake's great but so is Dan!
Old 2 Oct 2019, 13:08 (Ref:3931476)   #236
AmD Tuning
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
AmD are leading the Independent Teams championship - so they would be expected to be favourites to take that title.
They currently have 435 points from 27 races - so 16 points a race. A swing of 4 points would not be a shock.
The absolute outsider is Shredded Wheat/Gallagher who would need to win all three races and all BTC and AmD drivers to finish outside the points.

The Independent Drivers championship represents the best chance for BTC to take a title, but it is far from guaranteed, and still gives the possibility of going home empty handed. Cook's lead is 22 points, but going into the last event the lead was just one point.

If a swing of 21 points can happen during a weekend, then a swing of 22 can definitely happen. Cook will be carrying the same ballast into the next weekend, but Butcher will be lighter. They both have three wins, so a win for Butcher would see him take the title if they finish equal on points.
Also remember that the FK2 took pole, plus 4th and 5th in qualy last season so the car is capable of going well.

I would hate to see it happen, but there is a chance that must not be ignored of Cook's title challenge ending on Paddock bend in R1.
Butcher's own results in 2018 at BHGP might be in the minds of both drivers going into the weekend.
And Rory's got 3 wingmen!!
Old 2 Oct 2019, 13:13 (Ref:3931478)   #237
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmD Tuning View Post
Thought that might be the case 😂
Old 2 Oct 2019, 13:15 (Ref:3931480)   #238
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
And Rory's got 3 wingmen!!
On that front I'm surprised Mike Bushell hasn't been mentioned more, he did an incredible job last weekend being only his second race meeting in almost a year (?) and definitely had the pace for a podium in R3 if it had stayed dry. Hope he can get the budget for a full season next year.
Old 2 Oct 2019, 13:42 (Ref:3931491)   #239
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

MN ? Is it still available?
Old 2 Oct 2019, 13:54 (Ref:3931492)   #240
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Jake Hill always seemed to be working his way through the field, he seemed to be down a bit on the first lap on each of the first two laps of the race
Old 4 Oct 2019, 07:12 (Ref:3931855)   #241
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Rob Austin is a bad judge of character. Not to mention other things he's bad at
Old 4 Oct 2019, 10:24 (Ref:3931872)   #242
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Rob Austin is a bad judge of character. Not to mention other things he's bad at
Since when did anybody think Rob Austin's opinion counted for anything?...
Old 4 Oct 2019, 12:01 (Ref:3931880)   #243
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Since when did anybody think Rob Austin's opinion counted for anything?...
Maybe Austin was the person who gave the ratings in MN?
Old 4 Oct 2019, 12:02 (Ref:3931882)   #244
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Quote:
Or stevie Wonder
Old 4 Oct 2019, 12:54 (Ref:3931889)   #245
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Pretty sure he has done in the past
Old 4 Oct 2019, 13:38 (Ref:3931903)   #246
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
Pretty sure he has done in the past
Yes Austin's doing the ratings for (his mate) Matt James in MN, seems he’s not got anything else on racing wise! I knew as soon as Rob was announced as doing the driver ratings some would never get good scores in comparison with others.
Old 4 Oct 2019, 19:24 (Ref:3931967)   #247
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
So, seriously: do any of you guys think Knob will be on the grid next year? And if so, driving what?

I reckon he'd be OK piloting the Doctor round, that's about his level...
Old 4 Oct 2019, 19:30 (Ref:3931969)   #248
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
He’s won three races in the BTCC, hardly the worst driver in the BTCC. In fact he’s one of the better drivers and one of the most entertaining too
Old 4 Oct 2019, 19:35 (Ref:3931970)   #249
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
maybe he tries to raise the money to replace AJ at WSR ?

but then again many drivers would kill for that seat
Old 4 Oct 2019, 19:39 (Ref:3931971)   #250
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any reason why he wouldn't be back in the Alfa? He's been linked to Toyota this year so could be working towards the 2nd Corolla seat.