Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 2 Nov 2011, 10:05 (Ref:2980527)   #1
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
HRDC Confirmed Support Races at THE 360

The 360 Motor Racing Club is pleased to announce that the Historic Racing Drivers Club will be one of the invited clubs providing support races for next years 360 Endurance Festival. The Historic Racing Drivers Club will have a minimum of four races over the weekend of May 5th and 6th 2012 to be held at Snetterton Race Circuit, Norfolk.

John Smith, International Clerk of the Course and 360 Race Director said “I am very pleased that the HRDC have decided to come to the 360 Endurance Festival. I have known Julius Thurgood for many years and believe that the culture that he and the HRDC have is very much in fitting of the 360 Motor Racing Club. John Smith went on to say ”We believe that the 360 will continue to grow and that the HRDC races will compliment the concept and ethos of the 360 and provide great racing at a clubman price. I am really looking forward to next years event!”

Claire Smith, Chairwoman of the 360 Motor Racing Club added “ The HRDC races are great for the overall event that is now “The 360”
“This is our third year of running and it continues to grow and from the first time of speaking with Julius I knew that the HRDC was just the sort of club that we would like to invite to support at the 360, Julius and the whole team at HRDC are focused on the same core principles that we are and that is : value for money and a great event that all can be proud to be a part of”

Julius Thurgood from HRDC said “ The HRDC is committed to providing great racing for its members and when we had the opportunity of being at the 360, we jumped at the chance, the 360 is a great event to be a part of and I and the HRDC members are really looking forward to it” He went on “Endurance style racing is great value for money particularly in these times and we believe that the 360 gives the HRDC a great platform to continue to move forward with our commitment to providing great events and give those competitors with historic cars the right platform to go out and with likeminded racers who want value for money but mainly want great racing and to enjoy themselves!”

The 360 weekend is shaping up to be a grand event, Radio LeMans will be broadcasting at the circuit and worldwide on the internet , there are other support races scheduled including a “Crossle Challenge” and a “Breakfast Sprint” that is 45 minutes long! The Weekends events Culminate in the six hour itself. 360 Motor Racing Club will be at the MotorSpoirtUK show at Coventry on the 5th and 6th November 2011 and at Race Retro on 24/25 and 26th February next year for more details or to register for an entry go to www.360mrc.com or telephone 07581 621 759
Old 2 Nov 2011, 10:31 (Ref:2980536)   #2
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't wait.
Old 2 Nov 2011, 11:04 (Ref:2980545)   #3
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
a very good partnership. It is difficult to commit to anything this far in advance but if I am racing that weekend this meeting would be the obvious choice.
Old 2 Nov 2011, 11:11 (Ref:2980547)   #4
eamonn ledwidge
Racer

Ireland
Fyfield, Essex, UK
eamonn ledwidge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Super news, very complimentary to each others goals.

Hoping to be there and produce a decent showing from our team with invited friends.
Old 2 Nov 2011, 12:36 (Ref:2980593)   #5
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Ding dong
Old 2 Nov 2011, 13:05 (Ref:2980615)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Very good news indeed.
Old 2 Nov 2011, 15:48 (Ref:2980696)   #7
Kelvin
Veteran

Kelvin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
its going to be a busy weekend!
Old 2 Nov 2011, 19:44 (Ref:2980784)   #8
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
That is great news, and well done all concerned for sorting it. Sounds like it is ging to be a good weekend!
Old 2 Nov 2011, 20:13 (Ref:2980795)   #9
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Terry Scannell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Claire / John.

This news is simply .................ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT!!!

Well done to you both for all the hard work behind the scenes. The whole package you have created will make for a superb weekend.

Now where's my prayer script to the Sun Gods.........better book that lovely big yellow thing now.....!!

Terry
Old 3 Nov 2011, 05:00 (Ref:2980923)   #10
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Already booked Terry.
Old 3 Nov 2011, 15:17 (Ref:2981120)   #11
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
Paulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is awesome news Claire.

Well done to both of you.

Just come of the phone to Barry Siddery-Smith talking about the MGB50 and it's all happening now.

We are going to be very busy watching and competing in all these events next year.

Can't beat Historic Racing Cars can you !!!
Old 10 Nov 2011, 17:33 (Ref:2984048)   #12
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
Already booked Terry.
Re-united with the M3 again. I think the AMG/Merc would be a bit of a handful around Snett
Old 10 Nov 2011, 17:35 (Ref:2984049)   #13
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA View Post
Re-united with the M3 again. I think the AMG/Merc would be a bit of a handful around Snett

Oi!!! who's side are you on?
Old 10 Nov 2011, 17:39 (Ref:2984053)   #14
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Oi!!! who's side are you on?
I don't mind which car, so long as it's a good and safe weekend for everyone
Old 10 Nov 2011, 17:55 (Ref:2984064)   #15
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA View Post
Don't count your chickens with regards to what we will be using as a safety car boys

Old 10 Nov 2011, 19:30 (Ref:2984096)   #16
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Corrr! A nice 2CV,now we're gonna suffer Chris!!!
Old 11 Nov 2011, 10:21 (Ref:2984288)   #17
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
Quote:
Corrr! A nice 2CV,now we're gonna suffer Chris!!!
A little bird told me that it was a Trabant GTI, the one with ''go faster stripes ''
Old 11 Nov 2011, 12:26 (Ref:2984323)   #18
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Still quicker than the rest of the grid then.
Old 11 Nov 2011, 16:57 (Ref:2984429)   #19
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Still quicker than the rest of the grid then.
Old 3 Dec 2011, 10:38 (Ref:2994753)   #20
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Decided not to do the 6hrs with the Capri anymore. Basically it needs a rebuild after each 6hr outing! So I've entered it in the Breakfast Sprint. Hopefully we'll have the MGB in the HRDC MGB50 race too. So we'll be there hurling as much support around as possible.
Old 21 Dec 2011, 11:31 (Ref:3002629)   #21
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
Hi ALl

a little video that we did to remind ya how great The 360 is. Its on our website as well, the full quality one will be there soon also

DVD is available of it with added commentary snippets from Radio LeMans

PM me if ya want one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uc_WejGhgdc

Claire

Last edited by MartinSmith; 21 Dec 2011 at 11:38.
Old 21 Dec 2011, 21:30 (Ref:3002914)   #22
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Ignore that link - Claire is working on a version to be directly loaded on to the 360mrc website without going through Facetube or whatever it's called. Worth waiting for - trust me!
Old 23 Dec 2011, 01:44 (Ref:3003428)   #23
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
The Video

As per my other post in the 360 thread.

THE video is now available on the website in glorious colour and with sound!!!

Link is below, there is an e mail note going out to the distribution list from the site with the link also.

We hope you like it....if you were there it will remind you of how good it was....if you wasnt there ...hopefully it may make ya think about what you are missing!!

Too many to thank but there is a role of honour and if we have missed anyone on it I APOLOGISE NOW...but as we say in the film...ITS BEEN A BUSY YEAR !

Make sure you watch THE WHOLE LOT!

Enjoy
Ta
Claire

http://360mrc.com/news/the-360-official-video-of-2011/