Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 27 Nov 2019, 08:04 (Ref:3943129)   #5826
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONBAsASKieM&t=311s

Very entertaining driving, albeit sometimes a little over the edge. Sounds like my karting then .
Yes, very entertaining if a bit wild at times! I've heard the term 'showboating' before and seeing the amount of opposite lock and water in that clip, I think it's appropriate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
If anyone wants to get their own back on Will and comment on his driving, I'm giving him a run out on one of my karts on Saturday week (7th December) at a Camberley Kart Club test day. I'm sure he'd appreciate the support if you can come along

I'll make sure I put the Go Pro on and publish the results.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I look forward to seeing the video Max, I'm sure Will will love it.
Old 27 Nov 2019, 09:51 (Ref:3943137)   #5827
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah, I offered before I saw this description of his kart driving

Old 27 Nov 2019, 09:58 (Ref:3943138)   #5828
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like Camberely will have to get the crowd control out then.

My brothers more of the aggressive driver on circuit .
Old 27 Nov 2019, 11:19 (Ref:3943144)   #5829
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Seems it not only UK circuits that have battles with locals over use and noise. Lime Rock (Connecticut) is trying to get some Sunday racing agreed after many years of it being banned.....

https://www.thedrive.com/news/31071/...rt-case-report
Old 27 Nov 2019, 12:11 (Ref:3943162)   #5830
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Yes, very entertaining if a bit wild at times! I've heard the term 'showboating' before and seeing the amount of opposite lock and water in that clip, I think it's appropriate!

I look forward to seeing the video Max, I'm sure Will will love it.
Should have a helmet cam, pedal cam,camera attached to the outside of the kart. Rear facing. Inside helmet cam. Anything missed .

I'll say it many more times but thanks very much for this Max.
Old 27 Nov 2019, 12:34 (Ref:3943169)   #5831
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Nice video! Just put it together with some images of Le Mans 66 le film and you understand that it will be soon mandatory to yell at other drivers when taking over!!! She's not shy…
Old 27 Nov 2019, 12:34 (Ref:3943170)   #5832
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
This is what’s needed to tow a race transporter. V24 2-stroke diesel powered. Just the price it sold for that’s a bit unbelievable.....

https://www.thedrive.com/news/31069/...-superchargers

Edit- the vid of the engine being run up on a dyno is worth a look....

Last edited by Mike Bell; 27 Nov 2019 at 12:41.
Old 27 Nov 2019, 12:37 (Ref:3943171)   #5833
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Mad Max replica… Wonder how is the view from the driver's seat…
Old 27 Nov 2019, 13:41 (Ref:3943186)   #5834
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
This is what’s needed to tow a race transporter. V24 2-stroke diesel powered. Just the price it sold for that’s a bit unbelievable.....

https://www.thedrive.com/news/31069/...-superchargers

Edit- the vid of the engine being run up on a dyno is worth a look....

One heck of a snow plough.

Wonder what the turning circle might be?
Old 27 Nov 2019, 14:38 (Ref:3943196)   #5835
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
If anyone wants to get their own back on Will and comment on his driving, I'm giving him a run out on one of my karts on Saturday week (7th December) at a Camberley Kart Club test day. I'm sure he'd appreciate the support if you can come along

I'll make sure I put the Go Pro on and publish the results.
Max when do you think electric karts will be taking over ?
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 27 Nov 2019, 14:41 (Ref:3943197)   #5836
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
They'd have to invent an electric dad to bump start it first!
Old 27 Nov 2019, 14:58 (Ref:3943201)   #5837
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They're knocking on the door. There's several electric arrive & drive centres, but the karts are by necessity large and heavy. They need to be more nimble yet.

That said, there is an owner/driver style race series in Europe for electric karts and Rotax (major kart engine players) are at the forefront of the tech. They're part of a massive leisure engine manufacturing conglomerate, so they have the clout.

It'll happen for mainstream stuff, British/Euro/World champs, but there'll be a strong 2-stroke following as long as there's petrol available.
Old 27 Nov 2019, 16:09 (Ref:3943215)   #5838
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Always annoys me when the media twist things by missing out or adding stuff, but I’d expect Motor Sport News to get the facts regarding Masters 2020 HF1 and WSM calendars right!

According to their headline, ‘Historic Formula 1 and Historic Sports Cars will tackle only 3 meetings next year’. Nowhere do they mention that there are actually 7 events for them, it’s just that only 3 are for the FiA Championship.

Poor journalism......
Old 27 Nov 2019, 20:05 (Ref:3943259)   #5839
Willmaz223
Veteran

I imagine most are aware of this website. Just incredible to go through.

https://www.racingsportscars.com/pho...971-06-13.html
Old 28 Nov 2019, 05:34 (Ref:3943318)   #5840
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Yes, if you followed the recent posts on here about the car in my avatar, it shows the enormous value of that site...
Old 28 Nov 2019, 08:00 (Ref:3943328)   #5841
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Yes, if you followed the recent posts on here about the car in my avatar, it shows the enormous value of that site...
Odd lot though, whoever runs it. I have on several occasions sent photos of various cars that they do not have pictures of. All my own work and free of charge, however, I never get a reply and the pics never appear. RGS Atlanta for instances. The site says they have no pictures available, yet I sent a bunch some months ago. Maybe they just don't like my images.

Having said that it is a useful site.
Old 28 Nov 2019, 09:08 (Ref:3943334)   #5842
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Odd lot though, whoever runs it. I have on several occasions sent photos of various cars that they do not have pictures of. All my own work and free of charge, however, I never get a reply and the pics never appear. RGS Atlanta for instances. The site says they have no pictures available, yet I sent a bunch some months ago. Maybe they just don't like my images.

That’s disappointing to hear. You’d think they would welcome them!

As we all guessed would happen, the scrapping of paper tax discs has resulted in an increase in the amount of untaxed cars on UK roads. It’s actually TRIPLED, with a loss of £94.1 million in the last year to the treasury! But scrapping paper discs was projected to save the government £10 million per year.....
Old 28 Nov 2019, 09:22 (Ref:3943336)   #5843
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
That’s disappointing to hear. You’d think they would welcome them!

As we all guessed would happen, the scrapping of paper tax discs has resulted in an increase in the amount of untaxed cars on UK roads. It’s actually TRIPLED, with a loss of £94.1 million in the last year to the treasury! But scrapping paper discs was projected to save the government £10 million per year.....
As you say Mike, surprise surprise! I think this has also led to an increase in cars on the road without valid MOT's and insurance. We see a lot of cars in our workshop where MOT's have expired months ago and the owners aren't bothered. All of the ANPR cameras we have littered around the place are supposed to pick this type of thing up but they're clearly not doing their job either.
Old 28 Nov 2019, 09:27 (Ref:3943338)   #5844
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
As you say Mike, surprise surprise! I think this has also led to an increase in cars on the road without valid MOT's and insurance. We see a lot of cars in our workshop where MOT's have expired months ago and the owners aren't bothered. All of the ANPR cameras we have littered around the place are supposed to pick this type of thing up but they're clearly not doing their job either.
Yes, the possible amount of uninsured cars is the scary bit. No wonder some insurers now boast about protecting your NCB if you’re in an accident with one...
Old 28 Nov 2019, 09:28 (Ref:3943339)   #5845
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
So I have been wasting money taxing, insuring, and MOTing my car?

Bother think of how much I could have saved!
Old 28 Nov 2019, 10:31 (Ref:3943356)   #5846
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

It used to be quite responsive to input offers but was the work of one chap a decade ago and things may have changed.

I think they sought/seek in-period images. My usable back catalogue in that respect was quite small so I have not had any additions to offer since then.

Last edited by grantp; 28 Nov 2019 at 10:43.
Old 28 Nov 2019, 10:41 (Ref:3943360)   #5847
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
So I have been wasting money taxing, insuring, and MOTing my car?

Bother think of how much I could have saved!
Some years ago, when Police Traffic vehicles were still a reasonably common sight, a pal of mine was surprised to get a letter form his insurance company asking you he would like to return to them at the next Insurance renewal date.

As, to his knowledge, he had never left them he was a tad puzzled.

It transpired that in previous years he had simply gone with the auto-renewal but for the last year they had dropped that and expected a formal renewal. He had not read the document in depth and it was not pointed out in bold letters as a change of renewal policy. So he drove around for a year completely oblivious to a lack of cover and entirely by 'accident'.

The following year, or it might have been the one after, the car was written off in a quite severe accident on the M1 when a truck ploughed into the line of queueing traffic he had just joined at the scene of an accident - early hours of the morning as they were returning from holiday. It was fortunate that the insurance renewal cockup had not been repeated.
Old 28 Nov 2019, 11:35 (Ref:3943368)   #5848
apriliadriver
Racer

United Kingdom
Ruislip, Middx
apriliadriver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Grant,
I had precisely the same non auto-renewal experience a couple of years ago. The consequence of my inattention was pointed out to me by the West Wilts M$ patrol. I had been driving for 8 months without insurance. Blood ran cold at what the consequences would have been if I had injured/killed others in an accident. No warning from the insurance co of the change of renewal terms after 10 years on their books. I changed insurers next time round.
Nick
Old 28 Nov 2019, 17:15 (Ref:3943431)   #5849
midgetman
Veteran

And so you should. Auto renewal is a curse on the wallet. Every year I go through at least one of the comparison web sites and save a fortune on the quoted auto-renewal. Several times I've statted with the same insurer but as a new customer, and saved £££

Old 28 Nov 2019, 17:24 (Ref:3943432)   #5850
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Max you're very lucky to do so. Here, they make everything they can to trace your ex-insurance company and suggest a minimum decrease. You have to cheat to avoid them to fool you. A kind of unpleasant hyde and see game. More or less the same the airlines companies use to make ip tracking. Said to be illegal in France…