Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 30 Sep 2019, 15:11 (Ref:3931108)   #201
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Could WSR do this to Turks car ? like BMW did in F1
Attached Thumbnails
i001299905.jpg  
Old 30 Sep 2019, 15:24 (Ref:3931109)   #202
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
what was that kindergarten thing with Jordan during the safety car?
Did you read the full post?
The incident was described from the Cammish perspective, and the outcomes are part of the official reports now.
'30 mph into a person driving straight when entering a left hand bend'

Quote:
that Jordan wanted to go straight to the Dynamics garage after race
That's become the accepted norm from the Jordan camp recently.

'Andrew Jordan had 6.6s added to his race time [...] BMW Pirtek Racing appealed the decision'

'Dan Cammish was fined [...] BMW Pirtek Racing appealed the decision not to penalise'

Jordan has been building a bit of reputation for not letting the on-track action remain on the track. Regularly continuing his 'interactions' with other drivers/teams onto social media or into interviews, instead of just letting his driving do the talking. He has also shown that he is not a fan of Cammish for quite a while now - remember this comment from Aug 2018:

'Having seen the replay of the lap one crash it frustrated me even more – Dan Cammish came from so far back, it was almost like he was looking in his mirrors and missed his braking point, and Sam had nothing he can do. It was utterly ridiculous – it’s a 16-lap race and people are making crazy lunges like that on the first real corner.'

Recent online comments he has made include:

'the driving standards at Donington were just appalling'
'If I get rubbed out of the way then, yeah, I’ll be a little bit annoyed, but I’ll give as good as I get'
'This is supposed to be the top championship in Britain, yet the driving standards are abysmal'
'but then got heavy contact from Tom Ingram, We asked TOCA to look at the footage'
'on the restart I got spun round by Stephen Jelley'

the list goes on........
Old 30 Sep 2019, 15:35 (Ref:3931110)   #203
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Did you read the full post?
The incident was described from the Cammish perspective, and the outcomes are part of the official reports now.
'30 mph into a person driving straight when entering a left hand bend'

I mean the part where he went side by side with Jordan for 3 laps under safety car

why doing this kindergarten for 3 laps in the first place instead of just wait for race director to declare who is ahead

Last edited by porsche962fan; 30 Sep 2019 at 15:40.
Old 30 Sep 2019, 15:41 (Ref:3931111)   #204
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I mena the part where he went side by side with Jordan for 3 laps under safety car

why doing this kindergarten for 3 laps in the first place instead of just wait for race director to declare who is ahead
Cammish explained that he had already been informed via his team (and so assumed that it had come from the race director) that he had the position. The instruction from the team was to take (and hold) the place, and he was surprised to see that BMW were not following suit.

I think this is part of what was being referred to in the post:
'hopefully next season TOCA will look at allowing the radio traffic to be part of the TV show because if it had been it would have provided balance to the incident'
Old 30 Sep 2019, 16:49 (Ref:3931127)   #205
cameronpoe
Rookie

cameronpoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcameronpoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
what was that kindergarten thing with Jordan during the safety car?

that Jordan wanted to go straight to the Dynamics garage after race
In Daniels opinion there was a request from Race Control that was not taken up by Andrew, maybe Andrew felt he could possible argue in the Stewards later about who should have had track position, Dan felt his race would be compromised so kept alongside Andrew as he wanted track position.
It is clear Dan touched Andrew under the SC, however our argument was Dan was turning into a left hand bend with minimal steering input and Andrew did not turn into the left hand bend and therefore there was light contact which could have been avoided by common sense, this argument was not accepted resulting in the fine and penalty points.
WSR appealed again after the final race on the grounds Dan had passed Andrew under yellow in R2 and therefore the request from Race Control would not be correct and the penalty was therefore insufficient. This argument was not accepted after rigorous checking of evidence so the original penalty applied to Daniel stood.
We hope the matter is now closed.
I understand there was a little bit of temper after the race which caught some peoples attention but its that kind of sport, seen loads of it in karting and every formula since...... nothing changes..
The above is how we see it and I am certain not how Andrew sees it but it has been through the stewards and judged upon, of course the court of public opinion is allowed to pass its own judgements but what I would say is myself and Daniel are motor sport fans first and racing people second we want a fair fight at all time and best man wins, Dan has taken responsibility and accepts the decision set down against him as do I and his family, whats done is done.
Have a good week.
Old 30 Sep 2019, 18:19 (Ref:3931144)   #206
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimmy View Post
The first Porsche race & third touring car race were quite tricky to follow from trackside. I'm disappointed at how everyone applauded Gamble's wins. He shouldn't be out there, he's as bad as Dan Ticktum.
In what sense?
Old 30 Sep 2019, 19:18 (Ref:3931150)   #207
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
sorry but that is utter bullshit you're talking

cold slicks after safety car in wet conditions is ultra dangerous and accidents just waiting to happen plus with 2-3 laps to go rather pointless

Turkington even said in post race interview "I was fighting for my life"
Race 3 was fine. On slicks. In worse conditions. After a SC. On cold tyres.

Race 2 was fine. Cars were staying on track, nobody was flying off the road. If they wanted to change tyres then they could've done that. There was no need for a red.

There was no need to call race 2.
Old 30 Sep 2019, 19:46 (Ref:3931157)   #208
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
geordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgeordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Had a cracking day at Silverstone on Sunday despite the weather doinng it best to spoil the party.
For the second touring car race i was sitting the Silverstone 6 Stand, the one on the inside of Maggots and when the rain hit, it was pretty much in one go and also the wind picked up and temp dropped massively. To red flag the race was the only sensible thing to do, why put people and equipment at risk when there no need for it.
As for the final race I was in Luffiled A stand, everyone could see the rain that was coming and were surprised that so few drivers started on wets as it seamed a no brainier but you have to give credit to those who stayed on the slicks when the rain did arrive despite with hindsight being the wrong choice.

Anyhow, here's my vid from track side if anyone interested:

https://youtu.be/Qv-6VD_7TNs
Old 30 Sep 2019, 20:02 (Ref:3931162)   #209
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by cameronpoe View Post
WSR appealed again after the final race on the grounds Dan had passed Andrew under yellow in R2 and therefore the request from Race Control would not be correct and the penalty was therefore insufficient. This argument was not accepted after rigorous checking of evidence so the original penalty applied to Daniel stood.
Interesting - this differs from the report in TCT:

'BMW Pirtek Racing appealed the decision not to penalise Cammish for overtaking under the safety car and the appeal was upheld, with Cammish then handed a verbal warning.'

I'm guessing the TCT article is incorrect?
Old 30 Sep 2019, 20:09 (Ref:3931165)   #210
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
In what sense?
In this sense. In fact, that's worse than Ticktum. Quite how he managed to retain backing from an alcohol brand, I'll never know.
Old 30 Sep 2019, 20:11 (Ref:3931167)   #211
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
In this sense. In fact, that's worse than Ticktum. Quite how he managed to retain backing from an alcohol brand, I'll never know.
Ugh still annoyed me when he won this weekend...
Old 30 Sep 2019, 20:25 (Ref:3931169)   #212
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks for the perspective Mr Cammish Senior.

BTCC will be a less whingey whiney place when Jordan is gone.

I think it's the aforementioned cry baby or Turks championship now - barring some sort of disaster at Brands. I'd rather Colin lifted the trophy as he's a nice guy. Although yet another damned race car for the collection will stretch Turks Seniors wallet to bursting. Just get a diecast mate, far cheaper!
Old 30 Sep 2019, 20:58 (Ref:3931173)   #213
swooshiain
Racer

Scotland
swooshiain should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be happy to see Turkington, Cammish or Cook lift the trophy. Have been fed up with Jordan's whining for years - he is one of the least graceful drivers I've ever known.
Old 30 Sep 2019, 21:03 (Ref:3931174)   #214
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Thanks for the perspective Mr Cammish Senior.

BTCC will be a less whingey whiney place when Jordan is gone.

I think it's the aforementioned cry baby or Turks championship now - barring some sort of disaster at Brands.
what are you talking about ?

Cammish is 2nd 17 points behind Turks , he had a double win last year, that Honda will go really well on that track

Quote:
I'd rather Colin lifted the trophy as he's a nice guy. Although yet another damned race car for the collection will stretch Turks Seniors wallet to bursting. Just get a diecast mate, far cheaper!
AFAIK the Turkington family doesn't own any of the 125 so far just the old S2000 3 Series
Old 30 Sep 2019, 21:16 (Ref:3931178)   #215
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by swooshiain View Post
I'll be happy to see Turkington, Cammish or Cook lift the trophy. Have been fed up with Jordan's whining for years - he is one of the least graceful drivers I've ever known.
I'd absolutely love it for Josh to win, but he'd pretty much need 3 podium finishes for that to happen. Still, I really think BTC need to be appluaded, given how quickly they've gone from running a couple of old Chevrolets to genuine championship contenders.
Old 30 Sep 2019, 21:19 (Ref:3931181)   #216
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
AFAIK the Turkington family doesn't own any of the 125 so far just the old S2000 3 Series
Incorrect. They own the 14 & 18 winning cars.
Old 30 Sep 2019, 21:19 (Ref:3931183)   #217
porsche962fan
Veteran

BTC are winning the Indy titles , so they won't go empty handed
Old 30 Sep 2019, 21:24 (Ref:3931184)   #218
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Incorrect. They own the 14 & 18 winning cars.
thought they were stripped of bits for the 3 series
Old 30 Sep 2019, 21:46 (Ref:3931188)   #219
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
what are you talking about ?

Cammish is 2nd 17 points behind Turks
I know Dan is close on points. I believe a cold and damp October day at Brands will suit the BMW better. I have been known to be wrong
Old 1 Oct 2019, 05:07 (Ref:3931226)   #220
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
thought they were stripped of bits for the 3 series
4 125's were built.

One is still racing.
One is in storage.
Two (the '14 & '18 title cars) have been sold to a private collection (Turkington).
Old 1 Oct 2019, 05:35 (Ref:3931227)   #221
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
BTC are winning the Indy titles , so they won't go empty handed
If their name is AmD - currently leading the Indi teams table
Old 1 Oct 2019, 06:24 (Ref:3931232)   #222
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
There's a lot more to that story than will ever be reported. And clearly Steve Perez knows the full story.
Old 1 Oct 2019, 07:54 (Ref:3931238)   #223
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
If their name is AmD - currently leading the Indi teams table
by only 4 points that can swing around easy

driver one Cook has 22 gap so it's doubtful he can be ebaten
Old 1 Oct 2019, 07:59 (Ref:3931239)   #224
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

No doubt but AT the moment AmD are winning
Old 1 Oct 2019, 08:24 (Ref:3931240)   #225
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:

AmD are leading the Independent Teams championship - so they would be expected to be favourites to take that title.
They currently have 435 points from 27 races - so 16 points a race. A swing of 4 points would not be a shock.
The absolute outsider is Shredded Wheat/Gallagher who would need to win all three races and all BTC and AmD drivers to finish outside the points.

The Independent Drivers championship represents the best chance for BTC to take a title, but it is far from guaranteed, and still gives the possibility of going home empty handed. Cook's lead is 22 points, but going into the last event the lead was just one point.

If a swing of 21 points can happen during a weekend, then a swing of 22 can definitely happen. Cook will be carrying the same ballast into the next weekend, but Butcher will be lighter. They both have three wins, so a win for Butcher would see him take the title if they finish equal on points.
Also remember that the FK2 took pole, plus 4th and 5th in qualy last season so the car is capable of going well.

I would hate to see it happen, but there is a chance that must not be ignored of Cook's title challenge ending on Paddock bend in R1.
Butcher's own results in 2018 at BHGP might be in the minds of both drivers going into the weekend.