Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 4 Mar 2018, 09:43 (Ref:3805660)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Egg [VASC18R03040506] Coates Hire Supercars 400, Albert Park

4 races, points paying this time

New format

New race times

Lots going on...

Will the #97 train continue from Adelaide... or will Nissan get a wriggle on?

Or WP...

Or Tickford..

Only 2 weeks til we find out..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 4 Mar 2018, 09:47 (Ref:3805661)   #2
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
i shall be attending.

Form suggest ford win. but this time it counts so maybe form isnt as good as normal
Old 4 Mar 2018, 09:50 (Ref:3805664)   #3
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
4 races, points paying this time

New format

New race times

Lots going on...

Will the #97 train continue from Adelaide... or will Nissan get a wriggle on?

Or WP...

Or Tickford..

Only 2 weeks til we find out..
Support race stature GTR.
Old 4 Mar 2018, 10:21 (Ref:3805671)   #4
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by champcarman View Post
Support race stature GTR.
F1 is there to support the Supercars. Cool
Old 4 Mar 2018, 16:04 (Ref:3805731)   #5
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Shall be interesting to see this event/round as points paying rather than a glorified test session. Wouldn't bet against seeing some more panels rubbed in the name of points rather than teams and drivers babying their rides
Old 4 Mar 2018, 23:32 (Ref:3805796)   #6
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Shall be interesting to see this event/round as points paying rather than a glorified test session. Wouldn't bet against seeing some more panels rubbed in the name of points rather than teams and drivers babying their rides
Did we see any difference when the AGP support races for touring cars were points paying?
Old 5 Mar 2018, 01:00 (Ref:3805803)   #7
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
F1 is there to support the Supercars. Cool
Who is passing around the Kool-Aid?
Old 5 Mar 2018, 01:16 (Ref:3805804)   #8
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Who is passing around the Kool-Aid?
Most of the crowd will be on their way home by the time the twilight races happen.
Old 5 Mar 2018, 02:58 (Ref:3805819)   #9
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by champcarman View Post
Most of the crowd will be on their way home by the time the twilight races happen.
They would be tired at around 4.10pm on Sunday...
Old 5 Mar 2018, 06:33 (Ref:3805838)   #10
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
With the 25 lappers being ~135km, will we see the need for pitstops?
Old 5 Mar 2018, 06:44 (Ref:3805839)   #11
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
With the 25 lappers being ~135km, will we see the need for pitstops?
yes.

Race format confirmed

also 100 points for the win, compared to 50 for shorter races (still 300 for the weekend)
Old 5 Mar 2018, 12:14 (Ref:3805891)   #12
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Anyone who was "babying their rides" for the sole reason they wouldn't get given any points at the end of the race, isn't likely to be near the front of the field anyway

The racing drivers were in there having a crack because they wanted to win a race, not win points.

The fact the races count for "Virgin Australia Supercar Championship" points is neither here nor there for me, it baffles me it was ever beaten up into such an issue.
Old 5 Mar 2018, 13:41 (Ref:3805916)   #13
pach233
Veteran

United States
Greenville, SC
pach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
For those Superview users, is it confirmed that the races will be streamed on the site? In the past, Aus GP weekend was not part of Superview but the with it being a points round the site countdown seems to indicate they will be.
Old 5 Mar 2018, 14:58 (Ref:3805965)   #14
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dan Ric for 3rd but I hope First
Old 6 Mar 2018, 02:54 (Ref:3806118)   #15
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
New Andretti Parts For AGP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Article, by JC
“It’s really good to have someone of Michael’s experience,” added Courtney.

“When you get out of the car and you’re explaining something and talking with the engineering [group], obviously he’s been in the game a long time and he’s saying ‘yeah, yeah I know that feeling, you can’t do this and it won’t load here’.

”When you’re trying to explain something to your boss, to Ryan [Walkinshaw], his eyes just glaze over.

"But [Andretti] has a really mechanical understanding, so it’s good. And obviously when you’re a kid growing up watching him, it’s quite a big deal, and then to be engaging with him like that, it’s pretty cool.”
Ummmmm....
Old 6 Mar 2018, 03:27 (Ref:3806125)   #16
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
On the flipside, having a boss you can't BS to, might help the team as a whole in the longterm.
Old 6 Mar 2018, 03:49 (Ref:3806128)   #17
Ospi
Veteran

Ospi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOspi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Team bosses need to be engineers?
Old 6 Mar 2018, 06:16 (Ref:3806145)   #18
dirtymacca
Racer

dirtymacca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pach233 View Post
For those Superview users, is it confirmed that the races will be streamed on the site? In the past, Aus GP weekend was not part of Superview but the with it being a points round the site countdown seems to indicate they will be.
I am pretty sure it *s. On the V8 website it * showing in the pay-per-view section.
Old 6 Mar 2018, 08:38 (Ref:3806161)   #19
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ospi View Post
Not quite... although it absolutely explains the revolving door of engineering solutions at the house of WP over the last 7 or 8 years...
Old 6 Mar 2018, 09:18 (Ref:3806174)   #20
JAFA851
Veteran

New Zealand
JAFA851 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Can't deny the truth, however uncomfortable it might make some feel. That kind of feeling would make you wonder why you're bothering some day too, but now some of the bosses actually know what they're talking about, I can see that reinvigorating the driving talent as they'll get a lot more of the support from upper management they've been missing.

Ryan needs to stop trying to live his Dads' life, and sell up and go and do his DJ thing or whatever else he does, and leave the racing to the racers.
Old 6 Mar 2018, 09:40 (Ref:3806183)   #21
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Easy to think that if the merger took place 12 months sooner, that dud chassis would've never turned a wheel last year.
Old 7 Mar 2018, 01:51 (Ref:3806409)   #22
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFA851 View Post
Ryan needs to stop trying to live his Dads' life, and sell up and go and do his DJ thing or whatever else he does, and leave the racing to the racers.
I think you're off the mark.

Really good football administrators are rarely footballers or coaches, but business people who understand recruiting the right people and implementing the right processes to get a successful result - and motorsport is no different.

You may well ask the question of exactly how engineering savvy Roland Dane is nowadays?
Old 7 Mar 2018, 04:01 (Ref:3806452)   #23
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
You may well ask the question of exactly how engineering savvy Roland Dane is nowadays?
It takes all sorts.

If you can hand the engineering duties off to a trusty engineering director like a Patrick Head, while Sir Williams works the phones to ensure a full complement of stickers and drivers, that works too.

Even so, you will note in the earlier days Sir Frank sitting in on the engineering debrief between Australia's Alan Jones, Mr. Reuttiman and Mr. Head anyway, and more than ready to put his 2 pence in... https://youtu.be/QS4pejg43Ug?t=43m5s
Old 7 Mar 2018, 04:24 (Ref:3806465)   #24
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
If you can hand the engineering duties off to a trusty engineering director like a Patrick Head, while Sir Williams works the phones to ensure a full complement of stickers and drivers, that works too.
This is why it is so amazing to me that the likes of Adrian Burgess and Campbell Little can't seem to hold onto a gig.

But look at the difference a Ludo makes. At least for half a season.
Old 7 Mar 2018, 04:47 (Ref:3806480)   #25
djr81
Racer

djr81 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ospi View Post
All bosses should be engineers.