Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 7 Nov 2004, 10:37 (Ref:1146595)   #1
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Le Mans the movie

for all us brits with access...le mans is on sky cinema 1 at 12.30pm today. sunday lunchtime just got better.
Old 7 Nov 2004, 14:51 (Ref:1146683)   #2
Silk Cut Jaguar
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
Silk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSilk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for that, I'd have missed it otherwise.

Certainly made up for lack of motorsport elsewhere today.
Old 7 Nov 2004, 22:27 (Ref:1147022)   #3
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
no worries. on again at quarter past midnight...if anyones interested in staying up so late to watch a car race.
Old 7 Nov 2004, 23:07 (Ref:1147064)   #4
Bruce Moxon
Racer

Bruce Moxon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Or you could buy the DVD from Amazon.com.

Then you can watch it over and over and drive your spouse insane!

Absolutely stunning movie.

Bruce Moxon
Old 8 Nov 2004, 20:50 (Ref:1147919)   #5
Dauntless
Racer

United States
San Francisco Bay Area
Dauntless should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agreed Bruce! I hadn't watched it in what, 30 years? Then rented it last year...wow!!!
Old 9 Nov 2004, 09:57 (Ref:1148344)   #6
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
For those that did not go to Le Mans this year, you missed a free copy of the DVD in the programme.
Old 10 Nov 2004, 08:25 (Ref:1149258)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Annoying that, rbs. As an ACO member, I get my programme for no extra cost, but I didn't get the DVD with it......

I still have it on video from about 10 years ago. I make a point of watching it at least 2-3 times a year.......
Old 10 Nov 2004, 08:44 (Ref:1149270)   #8
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The DVD is available for around £5.99, well worth the investment.
Old 10 Nov 2004, 08:51 (Ref:1149274)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Where Guy?

I've been waiting for it to hit the bargain bins, but haven't seen it anywhere for less than £13-14 yet.......
Old 10 Nov 2004, 09:39 (Ref:1149297)   #10
iucrmh
Racer

iucrmh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Annoying that, rbs. As an ACO member, I get my programme for no extra cost, but I didn't get the DVD with it......

I was wandering about that, likewise for the last three years the programme sold at the circuit has had extra stuff that as an ACO member we didn't get, albeit not as good as the Le Mans DVD (e.g. a DVD of clips from the Besson film 2003 and in 2002 a CD of car noises). Curious...
Old 10 Nov 2004, 11:05 (Ref:1149364)   #11
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Where Guy?

I've been waiting for it to hit the bargain bins, but haven't seen it anywhere for less than £13-14 yet.......
I got my copy from the Cambridge branch of Borders. I'm sure I've seen it elsewhere for that price too. (play.com have it for £7.99 or 3-for-£20)
Old 10 Nov 2004, 14:59 (Ref:1149548)   #12
marcosgt
Racer

England
UK
marcosgt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmarcosgt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Try eBay - Usually LOADS on there...

Cheers.
Old 10 Nov 2004, 16:31 (Ref:1149630)   #13
Paddy_NL
Racer

Netherlands
Rotterdam, NL
Paddy_NL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Where Guy?

Got an offer here for €12,49 ex p&p>> Le Mans
Old 11 Nov 2004, 08:21 (Ref:1150105)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I'll keep looking then.

Good point Mike about the lack of ACO freebies. I really don't see why the loyal members should be losing out here. We should at least expect to gbet what the other paying punters get for free. I might just drop the ACO a line.

Can we confirm then:-

2003 - freebie Le Mans DVD
2002 - freebie Besson DVD (which I do have, courtesy of M. Fab )

Have there been any other freebies? I'd like to get my facts right before I write.
Old 11 Nov 2004, 08:40 (Ref:1150124)   #15
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Ayse,

2004 was the freebie Steve McQueen film.

2003 was the trailer for the Michel Vaillant (excuse spelling if wrong) film.

No need to excuse anymore, it's edited Fab

Last edited by Fab; 11 Nov 2004 at 17:06.
Old 11 Nov 2004, 09:57 (Ref:1150193)   #16
iucrmh
Racer

iucrmh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ayse,

And you can add the CD-ROM in 2002 of engine sounds. Do you need a scan of any of these? I'll probably drop them a note as well, they are always quite quick and friendly in their replies.

Cheers
Mike
Old 11 Nov 2004, 13:03 (Ref:1150359)   #17
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Thanks for the correction Mike, silly me. Well, it can't do any harm if a few members make the point for next year, can it?
Old 19 Nov 2004, 22:48 (Ref:1158773)   #18
kdr
Veteran

has anyone seen the advert for the sky movies channel? i saw it for the first time tonight before skys 7 o'clock news. they're using steve mcqueen walking the pitlane, the thump thump heartbeat, the engine fire ups and the start of the race - all from the movie. the tagline is something like "where do you want to go?" with SKY and the movie title Le Mans underneath.

f1 board may have more posts, but we're so cool on this board it hurts.

Last edited by kdr; 19 Nov 2004 at 22:49.