Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Classic Cars

Old 11 Mar 2016, 00:20 (Ref:3622002)   #1
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
Paulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
EOO is in the Daily Telegraph this Saturday March 12th 2016

This Saturday the Daily Telegraph will be publishing an article on EOO, my 1990 Rover Metro GTi and some other cars that I have owned down the years. It's a good article by their Deputy Motoring Editor Paul Hudson, albeit a bit controversial with it's heading.

They said " It was their opinion " not mine and I replied saying that it will make good pub banter ...

Paul Hudson writes a lot of Classic Car features for the paper.

It's also going to be published online and will let you know the link sometime tomorrow or Saturday. I have already ordered lots of copies ....

Last edited by Paulaweybridge; 11 Mar 2016 at 00:31.
Old 20 Mar 2016, 02:17 (Ref:3624900)   #2
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
Paulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good morning everyone ( it's early Sunday here in the UK and I'm catching up on the Australian GP qualifying on Channel 4, which so far I am very impressed with )

Anyway last Wednesday the feature on my GTi Metro went online and overall I am quite pleased with it.

Here it is: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/clas...ing-the-metro/

In the end they only mentioned in both the hard copy and online version due to limited space that I had a hand in bringing the Renault 5 Gordini on to the UK market in 1979. It was as a result of my having my 1976 Renault 5 TS being converted in 1977 into a Renault 5 Alpine that was road tested in early 1978 by the late John Bolster in Autosport and then by Motor & Autocar magazine. This created the demand for the model from the UK public and as a result the then directors of Renault UK introduced the 5 Alpine as the 5 Gordini because Chrysler already had the Alpine name registered for their Chrysler Alpine.

The other cars that I have owned and driven down the years will be featured in another article.

There was also a report in this week's Classic Car Weekly by Nick Larkin their Features Editor on the Austin/Morris Day held at Brooklands on Sunday March 6th ... EOO won "Best Metro" award which was kind of nice ...

Anyway enjoy the online feature and here's hoping that the first GP of the season is a good one.

Paula Hamilton

Last edited by Paulaweybridge; 20 Mar 2016 at 02:40.
Old 29 Mar 2016, 10:07 (Ref:3628335)   #3
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Nice! I remember the Alan Partridge line

I have to say the standard Metro does nothing for me - but the 6R4 on the other hand is an absolute legend and that couldn't have existed without the base model so there is something to be thankful for A friend also races a special saloon 'Metro' - it's a Maguire spaceframe chassis that originally had a Mini bodyshell but this was swapped for a Metro shell - that car is a bit of a beast too although I'm not sure there is actually a single bit of Metro in there!