Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 29 Mar 2023, 07:56 (Ref:4149556)   #1976
Andrew Abbott
Racer

England
Shrewsbury
Andrew Abbott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The official release describes it as a "Toyota-derived engine, tuned to BTCC-competition spec by Neil Brown Engineering".

Toyota-derived.
Old 29 Mar 2023, 07:57 (Ref:4149557)   #1977
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
It makes next to no difference financially. The only advantage is that sometimes it's difficult to get companies to pay up right at the end of a financial year, and then cash flow becomes a bit easier April onwards.
So the teams charge exactly the same for a 10 round season as for a 12 round season? I find that hard to believe.
Old 29 Mar 2023, 07:58 (Ref:4149558)   #1978
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffinpilot View Post
Same person also said Dynamics had been offered a two car supported deal for two cars in TCR UK - Two cars for free, but raise the operating costs through the drivers
wich would have been a pair of Cupras, with the deal being canned a couple of days before an announcement was due.
Stewart Lines would be desperate to get a top BTCC team to defect to TCR UK, so I suspect there may be more than a little truth in what you heard.
Old 29 Mar 2023, 08:29 (Ref:4149561)   #1979
BtccLee
Veteran

BtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
24 entries confirmed, that is a very competitive grid this season. Awesome to see teams launching their own engine programmes as well.

Butcher will be a contender for the title with that combination for sure.
Old 29 Mar 2023, 08:30 (Ref:4149562)   #1980
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnoyedMoose View Post
So the teams charge exactly the same for a 10 round season as for a 12 round season? I find that hard to believe.

That wasn't what you posted initially. You were suggesting that a more compressed calendar would be cheaper than if the rounds were spread out more. Obviously the more rounds there are, the higher the total cost for the season.
Old 29 Mar 2023, 08:37 (Ref:4149564)   #1981
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BtccLee View Post
24 entries confirmed, that is a very competitive grid this season. Awesome to see teams launching their own engine programmes as well.

Butcher will be a contender for the title with that combination for sure.
While I agree that its good to see the variety of engine options, isn't this also becoming a failing of the 'TOCA' engine? I was under the impression that the TOCA engine exists in order to give independent teams a fair shot at winning without needing the expense of developing an engine too. As it stands, I think only Hard, BTC/One and PMR are the only ones running the TOCA engine this season
Old 29 Mar 2023, 08:45 (Ref:4149565)   #1982
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post

PMR-1PMRVauxhall Astra Taylor-Smith
PMR-2PMRVauxhall AstraWatson
Ex-HARDPMRVauxhall AstraDoble
Will be updated to 'CarStore Power Maxed Racing'
Old 29 Mar 2023, 08:49 (Ref:4149567)   #1983
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post
So it’s Butcher, Gamble and Ricky Collard (didn’t he retire from racing at the end of last year…?????) at Speedworks this season

https://www.btcc.net/2023/03/29/toyo...-btcc-line-up/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Classic case of posting the link but not reading the story.
Old 29 Mar 2023, 08:52 (Ref:4149568)   #1984
Northern Monkey
Racer

Northern Monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
2023 TBL Team Car Driver Status Jack Sears
EXCELR8-1Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.comHyundai i30 Fastback N PerformanceIngram Confirmed in press release Inel.
EXCELR8-2Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.comHyundai i30 Fastback N PerformanceChilton Confirmed in press release Inel.
EXCELR8-3Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.comHyundai i30 Fastback N PerformancePearsonConfirmed in press releaseElig.
EXCELR8-4Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.comHyundai i30 Fastback N PerformanceHalsteadConfirmed in press releaseElig.

The team name is Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 - no TradePriceCars.com
Old 29 Mar 2023, 08:59 (Ref:4149569)   #1985
Trebor902
Rookie

Trebor902 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMROB View Post
I thought the same….

Don’t know the loopholes but are they using the 2.0 turbo from the Supra? Which is actually a b48 BMW engine the same as WSR use in the 3 series. Also in the Mini JCWs.
Didn't even realise the supra came as a 2.0 turbo thought it was straight 6 only. Kind of makes sense as would be the same engine the wsr bmws are running too
Old 29 Mar 2023, 09:02 (Ref:4149570)   #1986
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Massive thumbs down for MSport / TOCA unit
Old 29 Mar 2023, 09:03 (Ref:4149571)   #1987
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Monkey View Post
The team name is Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 - no TradePriceCars.com
Noted - will update at next juncture. Do you know when they plan on revealing the team name for 2023? On 1 Mar, a press release stated 'The official team name for the 2023 BTCC programme will be revealed in due course, along with the liveries for the remaining two cars' I may have missed it being published elsewhere, nothing has cropped up on the official btcc channels yet....
Old 29 Mar 2023, 09:05 (Ref:4149572)   #1988
Northern Monkey
Racer

Quote:
Noted - will update at next juncture. Do you know when they plan on revealing the team name for 2023? On 1 Mar, a press release stated 'The official team name for the 2023 BTCC programme will be revealed in due course, along with the liveries for the remaining two cars' I may have missed it being published elsewhere, nothing has cropped up on the official btcc channels yet....

It was revealed in the story about Pearson's livery
Old 29 Mar 2023, 09:12 (Ref:4149573)   #1989
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
It was revealed in the story about Pearson's livery
Sorry to be a pain, but do you have a link please? - google takes me to:

https://www.touringcartimes.com/2023...ebut-campaign/

but I can't find mention of the team name in the article
Old 29 Mar 2023, 09:43 (Ref:4149574)   #1990
Northern Monkey
Racer

Quote:
Sorry to be a pain, but do you have a link please? - google takes me to:

https://www.touringcartimes.com/2023...ebut-campaign/

but I can't find mention of the team name in the article
https://www.excelr8motorsport.com/bristol-street-motors-with-excelr8-reveals-macklin-motors-backed-hyundai/
Old 29 Mar 2023, 09:45 (Ref:4149575)   #1991
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
https://www.excelr8motorsport.com/bristol-street-motors-with-excelr8-reveals-macklin-motors-backed-hyundai/

Old 29 Mar 2023, 10:23 (Ref:4149577)   #1992
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
While I agree that its good to see the variety of engine options, isn't this also becoming a failing of the 'TOCA' engine? I was under the impression that the TOCA engine exists in order to give independent teams a fair shot at winning without needing the expense of developing an engine too. As it stands, I think only Hard, BTC/One and PMR are the only ones running the TOCA engine this season
i disagree

its a great endorsement of the engine regulations that more teams can do their own engines cost effectively without breaking the bank

the toca engine is only the fall back position for teams that cant
Old 29 Mar 2023, 10:38 (Ref:4149578)   #1993
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
So we finally have one more team confirm it's drivers. Big surprise that Collard has reversed his decision. No surprise Butcher is back and good to see Gamble given another chance
Old 29 Mar 2023, 11:07 (Ref:4149583)   #1994
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Except its not a Toyota motor - its a BMW unit from the Supra. The Samsung as WSR cars. Toyota could be lightning fast
Proven Toyota derived engine is the clue. You're spot on I think.
Old 29 Mar 2023, 11:59 (Ref:4149588)   #1995
coffinpilot
Racer

coffinpilot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have BTC/One tested yet?
Would it be possible that they are going with the engines that Dynamics used if Dynamics pulled out?
Would that be better for Cook. If I'm wrong correct me, but didn't he kind of say the engine was the reason for the drop off in form last year?
Old 29 Mar 2023, 12:06 (Ref:4149590)   #1996
mphplastering
Rookie

mphplastering should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffinpilot View Post
Have BTC/One tested yet?
Would it be possible that they are going with the engines that Dynamics used if Dynamics pulled out?
Would that be better for Cook. If I'm wrong correct me, but didn't he kind of say the engine was the reason for the drop off in form last year?
From what I've heard from cooks mechanic after races when walking around the pits. He said btcracing boost had been lowered and then then said pegging us back
Old 29 Mar 2023, 12:27 (Ref:4149594)   #1997
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by mphplastering View Post
From what I've heard from cooks mechanic after races when walking around the pits. He said btcracing boost had been lowered and then then said pegging us back
If that were the case, then the Toyotas, Infinitis, Cupras and Vauxhalls were also pegged back.
Old 29 Mar 2023, 12:29 (Ref:4149595)   #1998
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
If that were the case, then the Toyotas, Infinitis, Cupras and Vauxhalls were also pegged back.
I'm sure this has been covered many times before. That's very naive.
Old 29 Mar 2023, 12:37 (Ref:4149596)   #1999
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
I'm sure this has been covered many times before. That's very naive.
its not naive at all

they dont peg back individual cars or teams that are using the exact same engines as others

all cars that use the same engine have the same boost
Old 29 Mar 2023, 12:38 (Ref:4149597)   #2000
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
its not naive at all

they dont peg back individual cars or teams that are using the exact same engines as others

all cars that use the same engine have the same boost
Yes "of course..."