Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 17 Jun 2014, 20:17 (Ref:3423215)   #651
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So you think Ferrari would be happy to fly their star driver across the globe to jump into a GT car just days after a grand prix?

I think Webber's decision shows that there is interest.
Old 17 Jun 2014, 20:21 (Ref:3423218)   #652
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wewantourdarbyback View Post
So you think Ferrari would be happy to fly their star driver across the globe to jump into a GT car just days after a grand prix?

I think Webber's decision shows that there is interest.
Webber is 37, and his days in a top F1 team were over for good, after his retirment hakkinen ran in DTM but this doesn't mean that F1 drivers are interested to run in DTM. Anyway Alonso was already there, he could spend 3-4 days at le mans if this was his will.
Old 17 Jun 2014, 20:28 (Ref:3423224)   #653
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He was there for race day, not earlier, I still doubt Ferrari would let him race at Le Mans even in their own (sort of) car. If they had proper factory effort maybe it could be different, but for the moment their top drivers are in F1 and you're completely speculating on the driver's state of mind.
Old 18 Jun 2014, 12:18 (Ref:3423401)   #654
Thaw Daggerslash
Racer

Thaw Daggerslash should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This may not be completely dead yet. Interesting comments from Alonso, saying he and di Montezemolo have talked about a Ferrari LMP1, and also a statement from Ferrari saying they could do both F1 and Le Mans.

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/205709/...ans-entry.html

I guess it looks pretty likely to happen at some point, we just don't know when.
Old 18 Jun 2014, 13:34 (Ref:3423428)   #655
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I guess it looks Not Impossible at This point ... I don't see where "likely to happen" is supported by the available information.

I'd love to see Ferrari back in sports cars, but I will wait until there is something real to go on before I start hoping ...

The fact that I can take some statement made by some Ferrari person and pick out the letters to spell "Ferrari WEC" only means I have too much time on my hands.

Montezemolo ... why is that name familiar? Oh, yeah ... he's the guy who got booted from the floundering Ferrari F1 program. Can't think of a better source.
Old 18 Jun 2014, 13:47 (Ref:3423433)   #656
Thaw Daggerslash
Racer

Thaw Daggerslash should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
Montezemolo ... why is that name familiar? Oh, yeah ... he's the guy who got booted from the floundering Ferrari F1 program. Can't think of a better source.
Is he? Montezemolo is the top boss at Ferrari. Are you sure you're not thinking of Domenicali?
Old 18 Jun 2014, 17:17 (Ref:3423498)   #657
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You know, doing both F1 and WEC (plus Le Mans) would be possible if the cost cap is established in the former. Then again, Ferrari are the ones at fault for making the costs go up!
Old 18 Jun 2014, 17:33 (Ref:3423502)   #658
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
"Is he? Montezemolo is the top boss at Ferrari. Are you sure you're not thinking of Domenicali?"

Of course I am not wrong. I am never wrong.

Like I said, Stefano Domenicali got booted fro Ferrari's F1 program by Luca d1 Montezemolo.

Old 18 Jun 2014, 18:29 (Ref:3423523)   #659
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
"Is he? Montezemolo is the top boss at Ferrari. Are you sure you're not thinking of Domenicali?"

Of course I am not wrong. I am never wrong.

Like I said, Stefano Domenicali got booted fro Ferrari's F1 program by Luca d1 Montezemolo.

Montezemolo is ferrari spa chairman, you can see him as "top boss" but for real is just a puppet in the hands of the FCA CEO Sergio Marchionne, the one who makes critical decisions. It's up to Marchionne decide if one day ferrari will field officially or not an lmp1.
Old 19 Jun 2014, 10:43 (Ref:3423728)   #660
Chemistry88
Rookie

Chemistry88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon_titanium View Post
Montezemolo is ferrari spa chairman, you can see him as "top boss" but for real is just a puppet in the hands of the FCA CEO Sergio Marchionne, the one who makes critical decisions. It's up to Marchionne decide if one day ferrari will field officially or not an lmp1.
Sergio is the CEO but LDM is like the 'face' of Ferrari. His decisions are made over the racing activities and such, it's not entirely Sergio's decision though.
Old 19 Jun 2014, 12:14 (Ref:3423765)   #661
carbon_titanium
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemistry88 View Post
Sergio is the CEO but LDM is like the 'face' of Ferrari. His decisions are made over the racing activities and such, it's not entirely Sergio's decision though.
Marchionne is the one who decided to give a significative cut to the ferrari F1 program budget, so marchionne decisions are more important than montezemolo decisions. Also about racing activities.
Old 19 Jun 2014, 12:38 (Ref:3423781)   #662
Maelochs
Veteran

Regardless of who ultimately makes the decision, or who lobbies who else to get the decision made ... there seems to be no basis in fact to believe that said decision has been or will be made anytime soon.

It makes great PR for Ferrari, and also Ferrari always lieks to mess with FIA to get breaks in F1 (and it needs them, lately) and sure Fernando Alonso was at Le Mans and all that ... and sure, if you take every Ferrari official's quote printed in every Italian paper about WEC you can pull out the letters to spell out "Ferrari in LMP1" but as far as actual factual ... Zero.

Love to see them on the grid (and they damn well better paint the cars red) or even as a customer program but chasing fantasies isn't very satisfying. I will wait until there is some sane reason to believe the company is moving that way.
Old 19 Jun 2014, 19:26 (Ref:3423950)   #663
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
This doesn't mean crap but not sure where else to post, Raikkonen:

Quote:
"In future Le Mans is for sure one of my goals, because those cars are the closest to F1 in performance. It's my first choice after F1 career"
"The Webber Effect"? Maybe he has chatted with Alonso.

Lets not forget though that he tested 908.
Old 19 Jun 2014, 19:32 (Ref:3423955)   #664
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
RLM said Fernando Alonso made the exact same statement. Alonso was even more direct saying 100% he would be at Le Mans one year.
Old 19 Jun 2014, 19:32 (Ref:3423956)   #665
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
This doesn't meany crap but not sure where else to post, Raikkonen:

"The Webber Effect"?

Lets not forget though that he tested 908.
I recall that. He claimed the steering was sh--. But Kimi is particular about the feel of power steering.
Old 19 Jun 2014, 19:34 (Ref:3423957)   #666
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Let's not even get started on Kimi and his steering issues...Where's Jarno Trulli when you need him
Old 19 Jun 2014, 19:51 (Ref:3423961)   #667
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
I had the quotes

Quote:
As well as rallying, he’s tried NASCAR this year and Peugeot’s 908 Le Mans racer, which, as he explains, was like driving a high-powered goldfish bowl. “The Le Mans car was interesting but, to be honest, the steering was quite **** and the widescreen was really strange – it sort of distort the view… maybe because it’s very round,” says Kimi. “I can’t imagine what it’s like with oil and mess on it after you’ve been racing for a long time. But I enjoyed the experience and the car felt good, even though I’m told that it had less power compared to previous years. I’ hadn’t really driven on a circuit for ages apart from the NASCAR race, but that was on an oval, so it was completely different.”
http://kimiisland.wordpress.com/2011...n-cometh-back/

Quote:
Quesnel, who was in charge of both marques, always denied that there was anything more to the test, but insiders insist that an outing at the Le Mans 24 Hours was discussed at some point. And quite rightly so after Raikkonen’s performance during his short try-out at Motorland Aragon.

“Kimi was quick straight out of the box,” says one of Peugeot’s retinue of drivers. “He got in the car and matched the quickest time of the test inside four laps.

“He arrived late, I think, didn’t make any fuss and didn’t bother too much about the seating position, and bang, he did the time. He did around 25 laps and then went home.”

Raikkonen apparently liked the car, apart from its powersteering, but any chance of a race outing as good as disappeared three months later when it was announced he’d be returning to F1 with Lotus.
http://kimiraikkonenspace.com/2014/0...nen-off-track/
Old 19 Jun 2014, 19:56 (Ref:3423964)   #668
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
"Matched the quickest in the test inside 4 laps"... He would have been serious fast if he was in the race.
Old 19 Jun 2014, 19:59 (Ref:3423966)   #669
Articus
Veteran

I should rephrase. I didn't mean Alonso said those exact words. I meant he said something very similar.
Old 25 Jun 2014, 19:31 (Ref:3426429)   #670
TF110
Veteran

United States
This story has more to it...

According to autosprint, Domenicalli sought a budget for a Le Mans car http://twitter.com/matlemans/status/481538863752835072
Old 25 Jun 2014, 22:58 (Ref:3426482)   #671
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
This story has more to it...

According to autosprint, Domenicalli sought a budget for a Le Mans car http://twitter.com/matlemans/status/481538863752835072
This has been known for some time, though, I think this is the first "public" confirmation.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 26 Jun 2014, 01:11 (Ref:3426530)   #672
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://twitter.com/wtf1couk/status/...83718140067840
Old 26 Jun 2014, 02:09 (Ref:3426546)   #673
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post
Kind mean looking. I like it! Would be awesome to see all these dream renderings over the years make show cars to scale.
Old 26 Jun 2014, 02:28 (Ref:3426551)   #674
tjh8402
Rookie

United States
Orlando, Fl
tjh8402 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Couple more concept drawings here. I think the BHF needs to be more red and with a nice big Scuderia Ferrari shield. Good Lord, though, that thing looks viscious. Would be the best looking LMP1.
Old 26 Jun 2014, 02:48 (Ref:3426557)   #675
Articus
Veteran

With Mclaren moving over to Honda powerplants in F1, it frees up a Mercedes engine supply for a new team next year. I think if Ferrari were to win the bid for the coveted Mercedes engine, it could free up enough resources to do a Le Mans prototype in 2016.