Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 20 Mar 2000, 20:20 (Ref:14348)   #1
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Less than 5 weeks to the British GP - seems weird to be saying that in March! From previous posts it seems that quite a few people from here are going to be at Silverstone, so I think we need to organise a get together (and two people who shall remain anonymous need to get their tickets booked )
Old 20 Mar 2000, 21:03 (Ref:14349)   #2
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Where should we meet up at? I don't think our tickets included a centre transfer. Hasving never been there, you name the place.
Old 20 Mar 2000, 21:47 (Ref:14350)   #3
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
OK, OK! After you nagging me most of the day yesterday, i'll give them a ring tommorrow if I get a moment! Where is the best bet to book for ? We were intending to go somewhere round Luffield - good ? bad ? sold out ?

And i'll even give Dave a ring and see if he wants me to get his tickets too...

Kevin - we'll probably be at the bar... but we'll leave it for Carrie to rally the troops - she seems to be good at organising things...
Old 20 Mar 2000, 21:58 (Ref:14351)   #4
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Now Craig, when did I ever nag you
Don't think our tickets have a grandstand, need to check with Woody on that, but think it's just general admission and centre transfer.
KC, the bar's in the centre, so might have to drag people away to meet up with you at some point
Suppose the outside of the Copse Tunnel would be as good a meeting place as any. If anyone has a timetable I'll leave it down to them to suggest a time because I've not got a timetable. Woody - you got a timetable?
Old 20 Mar 2000, 22:01 (Ref:14352)   #5
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Typical bloody woman - more questions than answers! :confused:

I'll ring Dave and sort it out... maybe i'll get some sense there

Just a thought, but where are you staying Carrie ? Do you think they have any room available still ? Can't be arsed with getting home at god knows what time, only to get up again the next day and head up to Donington...

Or would it make more sense to head up to Donny and sleep in the car ?
Old 20 Mar 2000, 22:05 (Ref:14353)   #6
Carrie
Veteran

I'm staying near Northampton, self catering, think they had one other place free when I booked. I'll try and dig the number out and e-mail it to you if you like
Old 21 Mar 2000, 21:14 (Ref:14354)   #7
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Did make an effort to sort this out today - spoke to Dave at dinner time, and then tried contacting Silverstone. Despite the fact I was going to give them £600 the buggers wouldn't answer the phone!

I intended to give them a ring this afternoon, but things went tits up at work and I never got tbe chance grrr...
Old 24 Mar 2000, 18:25 (Ref:14355)   #8
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
OK, spoke to Silverstone yesterday and ordered three tickets. Unfortunately we are stuck on the pit straight as everywhere else is sold out. Also sold out is centre transfer, so we'll have to meet up on the outside if we're gonna meet up at all.

Not sure what i'm doing about accomodation yet - after spending out £500 on the tickets, i'm putting talk of any more costs out of my mind for a bit!
Old 10 Apr 2000, 19:35 (Ref:14356)   #9
Carrie
Veteran

No real reason behind this post except to unearth this topic again and move it to the top of the forum. So, who's got grandstand seats and who's got general admission? Maybe the folks with general admission want to meet up earlier in the day and those with grandstand seats can meet up with the rest after the GP. What does everyone reckon?
Old 10 Apr 2000, 20:25 (Ref:14357)   #10
Lee Purnell
Veteran

England
Bristol, England.
Lee Purnell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am at Farm Straight.
Don't know if anyone else is near there?
Old 15 Apr 2000, 13:08 (Ref:14358)   #11
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Come on Carrie, get your act together! This is gonna turn out like our planned meet up at Brands last week unless we get you on the case soon!

As i've never been to the GP before, perhaps you'd like to suggest a suitable time & place to meet (keeping in mind that not all of us have centre transfer...!)
Old 15 Apr 2000, 21:11 (Ref:14359)   #12
Carrie
Veteran

Get my act together, at the moment I haven't had time to think about anything other than the gallery, which btw opened today at 11 after much frantic activity. Got a good turn out for ther opening but there's still quite a bit of tweeking to be done to get things right, at least that's just little things we'd spot but the public would probably never notice.
Anyway, time to start thinking about the GP. On the Sunday, unless anyone wants to suggest differently, I don't think there's much point in meeting before the race because those without seats will probably be wanting to find somewhere to watch from. So, shall we say outside the Bridge Shop after the historic (or whatever it is, only glanced at the timetable and don't have it to hand) sportscars race has finished.
Anyone want to meet up on the Friday or Saturday? We could say the same place, just arrange different times. Anyone who's going and wants to meet up, e-mail me and I'll let you know my mobile number.
Old 16 Apr 2000, 12:04 (Ref:14360)   #13
Carrie
Veteran

Come on people, at least try and express an interest.
Old 16 Apr 2000, 19:17 (Ref:14361)   #14
Lee Purnell
Veteran

England
Bristol, England.
I'll try to be there
Not sure what time my coach is leaving for Bristol though, can't be missing that!
Old 17 Apr 2000, 22:10 (Ref:14362)   #15
WoodyTJ
Veteran

WoodyTJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well as if everyone doesn't know by now, i'm going to be there all 3 days.

Most of you have my mobile number, so give me a ring when you are there and we can meet up.

Lets hope its a good race.
Old 21 Apr 2000, 10:23 (Ref:14363)   #16
Invader
Veteran

Invader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Watford Tifosi will be there and pished.
Whooooooooohooooooo, no work for 4 days.
Old 21 Apr 2000, 13:08 (Ref:14364)   #17
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Although the weather 'down South' has taken a turn for the better (read: it's bloody sunny!), i've spoken to Carrie a couple of times today, and she reports it's still bloody miserable up at Silverstone so make sure you take your waterproofs, folks!

I think we're planning to meet up after the final race at some point, so give us a bell if you want to know where we are...
Old 23 Apr 2000, 20:33 (Ref:14365)   #18
Lee Purnell
Veteran

England
Bristol, England.

Buy a new Mobile Craig
I could hear you, but you couldn't hear me
I kept my eyes open but didn't see you, never mind. Still a good day though
Old 24 Apr 2000, 22:06 (Ref:14366)   #19
Carrie
Veteran

Lee, you should consider yourself lucky you didn't have the misfortune to bump into Craig. We didn't manage to avoid him
I don't think anyone's mobiles were working properly at Silverstone due to the number of people in he area trying to make calls. Donington today was far more civilised with less crowds
Lee, were you one of those people who had to rush off to your coach as soon as the race had finished?
Old 25 Apr 2000, 12:09 (Ref:14367)   #20
Lee Purnell
Veteran

England
Bristol, England.
We had to be at the coach as soon as the last race finished, not that it did much good, an hour and a half to get out of the car park, but at least it wasn't stuck in mud