Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Closed Thread

Old 3 Mar 2006, 00:58 (Ref:1535069)   #1
storyline
Veteran

Australia
Country Victoria
storyline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wakefield and CAMS National Series

I notice that one of Friday's private practice sessions is for the 2006 Australian Formula 3000 Championship ( http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/re.../2006.WAKE.PP5 )

What is this? Has Australia suddenly taken F3000 up, F4000 or F3 with a typo?

Anyone know for certain?
Old 3 Mar 2006, 01:06 (Ref:1535074)   #2
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Really fishing now aren't you?
Old 3 Mar 2006, 02:52 (Ref:1535098)   #3
just a racer
Racer

just a racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's funny, Racetime have made the same mistake!!!
Old 3 Mar 2006, 03:44 (Ref:1535110)   #4
storyline
Veteran

Australia
Country Victoria
No fishing - asking a simple question - is it a mistake or a renamed category?
Old 3 Mar 2006, 03:47 (Ref:1535113)   #5
just a racer
Racer

just a racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bloody CAMS, another conspiracy
Old 3 Mar 2006, 03:55 (Ref:1535114)   #6
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by storyline
No fishing - asking a simple question - is it a mistake or a renamed category?
For someone who posts so much about Australian Motorsport, you don't seem to know much about it......

It's a Typo. End of thread.
Old 3 Mar 2006, 04:19 (Ref:1535117)   #7
JABWOA
Veteran

Australia
3rd star to the left
JABWOA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would have said wishful thinking...
Old 3 Mar 2006, 04:55 (Ref:1535119)   #8
storyline
Veteran

Australia
Country Victoria
alfacors - OK a typo - second session still called F3000 - you suggesting no one at the track has picked it up or is this a rename in the making?

(As to 'knowing about Australian motorsport' maybe this is why I asked??)
Old 3 Mar 2006, 05:09 (Ref:1535124)   #9
storyline
Veteran

Australia
Country Victoria
Either someone at Wakefiedl has finally picked it up or this forum has far greater reach than people imagine.

Either way - a typo - has now been corrected back to F3 (and before the 'conspiracy theory people get involved - this is all I was asking)
Old 3 Mar 2006, 05:11 (Ref:1535126)   #10
cav
Racer

cav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hear all the fields at Wakefield are quite paltry,I guess CAMS are not as clever as they think they are,club racing run by clubbies aka CAMS management
Old 3 Mar 2006, 05:15 (Ref:1535128)   #11
silver 2
Racer

silver 2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This naming has something to do with CAMS believing (registering??) names like and similar to F-4000 because of all the effort and money they(Cams) have put into the catergory in the past! Chase that one down S-time . This is cams at vindictive worst and it did not happen from any state office.
Old 3 Mar 2006, 05:33 (Ref:1535131)   #12
storyline
Veteran

Australia
Country Victoria
cav - remember today is 'private practice' so-named to circumvent having to pay CAMS for a 3 day permit - numbers are usually down today. Tomorrow will be the real test.

silver 2 - this is why I was asking - I wasn't sure whether Jeff had tried to rename the category but I couldn't understand why they would try to go from an internationally recognised name (Formula 3) to a now extinct name (F3000). At the same time I can't understand how this could have been typo'd either. I can't get to NSW this weekend (have to be in Hobart tonight) otherwise I would have gone up there to cover a few other things as well.
Old 3 Mar 2006, 05:46 (Ref:1535134)   #13
mixxer
Veteran

Australia
Somewhere over the rainbow
mixxer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Old 3 Mar 2006, 05:46 (Ref:1535135)   #14
alfacors
Veteran

Quote:
alfacors - OK a typo - second session still called F3000 - you suggesting no one at the track has picked it up or is this a rename in the making?

(As to 'knowing about Australian motorsport' maybe this is why I asked??)
I simply stated it was a typo. I made no such suggestion in regards to a rename to F3000 - that's your guesswork at play, and rather clumsy guesswork at that. And given that the typo was repeated, no doubt someone was simply copying and pasting the details into the second session times. Not unheard of by any stretch of the imagination.

Might as well rename this thread to "Another bash of CAMS over someone else's typo" - FFS guys.
Old 3 Mar 2006, 05:57 (Ref:1535137)   #15
storyline
Veteran

Australia
Country Victoria
As I stated - maybe it was a typo but when the second session was also called F3000 I simply asked if this was a) a new category using a name trying to circumbent an exisiting category management deal, b) a rename for Formula 3 that hadn't been announced or c) a typos.

Maybe you have better eyes than me - but did I suggest anywhere that it was CAMS fault or try to bash CAMS ( or anyone else for that matter). If you read what has been posted the only ones who tried to move it that way were those who wanted to rty and drag someone else into this discussion (and I guess if they took the trouble to go and talk to that organisation you might get a better understanding of how things work).
Old 3 Mar 2006, 05:58 (Ref:1535139)   #16
silver 2
Racer

silver 2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Climb out on that Cams supported limb Alfacors . Wait untill you have a better idea on what is /has gone on. You might believe ( and me too sometimes-- _ ) that s-time sees CAMS under his bed
but he is not always wrong ( something like that) .This story may have a twist not yet clear( even if this is a typo it may well have a fair bit of Tourets Syndrome about it).
Old 3 Mar 2006, 08:53 (Ref:1535210)   #17
Robert Ryan
Veteran

Robert Ryan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Strange that..their both from that part of Victoria. Guess it is just coincidence.
Old 3 Mar 2006, 09:13 (Ref:1535231)   #18
alfacors
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver 2
Climb out on that Cams supported limb Alfacors . Wait untill you have a better idea on what is /has gone on. You might believe ( and me too sometimes-- _ ) that s-time sees CAMS under his bed
but he is not always wrong ( something like that) .This story may have a twist not yet clear( even if this is a typo it may well have a fair bit of Tourets Syndrome about it).
I really fail to see what this has to do with a simple typo. It brings out the nutters and conspiracy theorists that's for sure.
Old 3 Mar 2006, 09:16 (Ref:1535236)   #19
alfacors
Veteran

Quote:
As I stated - maybe it was a typo but when the second session was also called F3000 I simply asked if this was a) a new category using a name trying to circumbent an exisiting category management deal, b) a rename for Formula 3 that hadn't been announced or c) a typos.

Maybe you have better eyes than me - but did I suggest anywhere that it was CAMS fault or try to bash CAMS ( or anyone else for that matter). If you read what has been posted the only ones who tried to move it that way were those who wanted to rty and drag someone else into this discussion (and I guess if they took the trouble to go and talk to that organisation you might get a better understanding of how things work).
Maybe you should have titled it "Formula 3000 at Wakefield???"
Oh no, that would be too obvious and have some relevance to the contents of the post - we couldn't have that could we?
Old 3 Mar 2006, 09:34 (Ref:1535252)   #20
storyline
Veteran

Australia
Country Victoria
Maybe, in hindsight, I should have - but as I asked originally - was this a new series, was this a rename or was it a typo? However, just for you and to keep the peace, if the mods want to amend the title to include that - fine go ahead.

I also have the strange notion that maybe this thread could be used for the meeting itself - not just the onew question I asked.

But the reality is, the answer has been provided, nothing sinister was suggested so maybe the mods whouuld just lock the thread and we finish this one off?
Old 3 Mar 2006, 09:54 (Ref:1535266)   #21
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Bye bye thread....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Closed Thread