Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 5 Oct 2013, 15:17 (Ref:3313176)   #651
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
I am not sure if things will actually work out this way... who knows how many manufacturers will actually shell out for the GT+ kit and how many will build the base cars only?
Old 5 Oct 2013, 16:45 (Ref:3313192)   #652
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breitling24 View Post
And they need to start selling street snakes, or the racing ones may go away, too.

http://jalopnik.com/why-is-no-one-bu...per-1440587656
And that's why I'm concerned about the GTE version....
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 6 Oct 2013, 13:42 (Ref:3313534)   #653
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMedic9019 View Post
The GTLM class is going to end up just like GT1. Dead, with two corvettes, and two porkers, maybe two snakes unless GT3 cars really are the moneymaker.

I'm not trying to be pessimistic here, but, I feel that GT3 is the way to go. Either pro-am, or pro. I'm just envisioning things going the way they did when GT1 was starting to out-price, out-pace, and out-engineer the privateers.
Don't forgot there is an Acura team rumored for 2015 as well.

I think that we could end up with 7-8 cars in a Pro/Am GTE class but there is not really a ton of point to it right now.

I would not be surprised to see an AMR supported TRG Aston next year but we will see.
Old 6 Oct 2013, 15:47 (Ref:3313583)   #654
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Think our best hope is TRG finds some money for 2 cars with some assistance from AMR to bridge a SMALL gap. I'm hopeful Senna and Dalla Lana can pull some cash together for a full season but guessing I'm pretty assured of seeing one at Petit next year. Dalla Lana had stated his desire for the NEAC with AMR earlier this year, unless something has changed?
Old 7 Oct 2013, 04:11 (Ref:3313955)   #655
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...l#.UlIzjxZ8yFI
Perhaps this is partly why Ganassi is considering P2 for next year? Interesting to see the details of exactly how DPs were subsidized.
Also interesting to read the GA poster team had these thoughts:
"“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
I am curious to see the attrition over the next couple of years as the series lets market forces determine entries.
Old 7 Oct 2013, 04:25 (Ref:3313959)   #656
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Chip Ganassi Racing wants to go P2, they should find a chassis (like Oreca, other than HPD) and slap a Chevy engine.

That way, only one engine supplies for NASCAR, Indycar, and USCC.
Old 7 Oct 2013, 06:33 (Ref:3313974)   #657
JacobP
Racer

JacobP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
IMHO, clearly the GTD/GTLM split is going to be temporary. Eventually I hope they end with a single primary GT class and maybe one am/jr. gt class. The less the better. It's already very difficult to explain to casual viewers what's going on in the current ALMS.
Old 7 Oct 2013, 07:59 (Ref:3313988)   #658
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breitling24 View Post
And they need to start selling street snakes, or the racing ones may go away, too.

http://jalopnik.com/why-is-no-one-bu...per-1440587656
Its the first year for the car. They have lost some comparison tests against the Corvette. But most fault lies with the Pirelli tires. The ACR should be a bump for them and FIAT should let them use Michelin on the road car.
Old 7 Oct 2013, 12:58 (Ref:3314093)   #659
canciaro
Racer

Canada
Windsor
canciaro is a back marker
Sorry this is slightly off the current discussion but I was wondering about entries this weekend, and I forgot that Dempsey Racing raced its Lola P2 car last year, has anyone who has seen his documentary know if he mentioned using that car next year at all??

Id much rather see him in that car, especially when its a closed top coupe so Dempsey can drive, plus it gives him opportunities for overall victories.

Michigan Football & Basketball, Oregon Football, Detroit Tigers
Old 7 Oct 2013, 14:20 (Ref:3314121)   #660
fanta4
Racer

United States
AKA fanta
fanta4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
Thanks for the added ammunition needed when asked why I won't be watching TUSCC next year. I want nothing to do with a race series that financially backs teams. We have some real crooks and questionable teams in the ALMS, but nothing to the extent of this, that we know of.
Old 7 Oct 2013, 14:44 (Ref:3314127)   #661
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanta4 View Post
Thanks for the added ammunition needed when asked why I won't be watching TUSCC next year. I want nothing to do with a race series that financially backs teams. We have some real crooks and questionable teams in the ALMS, but nothing to the extent of this, that we know of.
That's why I never watched IMSA when Andy Evans was racing. Or ALMS when Panoz had a team. Or F1 after I saw a photo of Bernie Ecclestone having dinner with Flavio Briatore.
Old 7 Oct 2013, 16:04 (Ref:3314168)   #662
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.racer.com/tds-greaves-con...rticle/315092/
TDS is planning to run 1 LMP2 at Daytona and possibly at Sebring too.
Greaves Motorsport confirms it will run at least 1 LMP2 at Daytona and Sebring. They may run 2.
Greaves has also has the possibility of running the full USCC season or just running the NAEC (Daytona, Sebring, Watkins Glen, PLM)
Old 7 Oct 2013, 17:09 (Ref:3314208)   #663
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
Greaves Motorsport confirms it will run at least 1 LMP2 at Daytona and Sebring. They may run 2.
Greaves has also has the possibility of running the full USCC season or just running the NAEC (Daytona, Sebring, Watkins Glen, PLM)
IF they get granted entries.
Old 7 Oct 2013, 17:36 (Ref:3314223)   #664
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
The interesting part of this article to me was the last line:

Quote:
Entries for WEC regulars in LMP2 at Daytona would be problematical because the cars are not scheduled to arrive back in Europe from the Bahrain finale at the end of November until the beginning of January.
Sounds like quite the trip, although I suppose a team could make other arrangement for their equipment if need be.
Old 7 Oct 2013, 20:39 (Ref:3314280)   #665
pablocomics
Racer

Spain
Madrid
pablocomics should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope that I´m not repeating the rumour but Endurance-Info was talking today about a rumour of Speed Source running a Lola B12/80 powered by a Mazda engine.

The link http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...nce-21170.html

It makes sense, there are a lot of Lola chassis outh there (and maybe some for sale) and in adition there are a rumour of 2-3 Multimatic sales
Old 7 Oct 2013, 20:45 (Ref:3314282)   #666
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablocomics View Post
I hope that I´m not repeating the rumour but Endurance-Info was talking today about a rumour of Speed Source running a Lola B12/80 powered by a Mazda engine.

The link http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...nce-21170.html

It makes sense, there are a lot of Lola chassis outh there (and maybe some for sale) and in adition there are a rumour of 2-3 Multimatic sales
This is the first time this rumour has been brought up in quite some time. Last year it was said that the mazda P2 diesel would run this season in the ALMS, but that never happened.

I wasn't sure based on my translation but did the article say it was going to be the diesel skyactiv engine Speedsource has been working on in GA this season, or something different?
Old 7 Oct 2013, 20:53 (Ref:3314284)   #667
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I wasn't sure based on my translation but did the article say it was going to be the diesel skyactiv engine Speedsource has been working on in GA this season, or something different?
The article did not specify whether the it was based upon the Speedsource Skyactiv engine or something else.
Old 7 Oct 2013, 20:58 (Ref:3314286)   #668
pablocomics
Racer

Spain
Madrid
pablocomics should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Diesel LMP2 was discontinued, if it's a Mazda LMP2 it should be something new.
Old 7 Oct 2013, 21:00 (Ref:3314288)   #669
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablocomics View Post
The Diesel LMP2 was discontinued
Was this recently? I don't remember hearing of this.
Old 7 Oct 2013, 21:09 (Ref:3314291)   #670
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
Was this recently? I don't remember hearing of this.
The above mentioned article states that the project fell through, but I wasn't 100% sure if they meant the project was over completely, or the project fell through for 2013.
Old 7 Oct 2013, 21:33 (Ref:3314299)   #671
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
It's always nice to have some confirmation on TDS (I already knew Tim Greaves's situation because of insider info but I didn't want to leak it prematurely - C7R pictures, anyone?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
IF they get granted entries.
I find it hard to believe that they won't, especially since both have participated in combined ALMS/WEC or ALMS/ILMC events like PLM and Sebring beforehand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
The interesting part of this article to me was the last line:

Sounds like quite the trip, although I suppose a team could make other arrangement for their equipment if need be.
There's no reason for any WEC team to rush about to make Daytona unless they want to run the full NAEC, which Greaves, for one, seems quite interested in doing. What's the point of attempting to race Daytona when presented with such a narrow window of opportunity/time, i.e. November to January? And I suppose they'll be making the Roar Before the Rolex as well? That's just 1 month to have a car shipped from Bahrain to Daytona Beach, Florida. Basically, if you aren't planning on the full NAEC schedule, why not just wait until Sebring? That gives you plenty of time to prepare for the WEC, which is obviously the WEC teams' top priority.
Old 8 Oct 2013, 00:10 (Ref:3314349)   #672
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A Lola Mazda P2 would be awesome!
The showcar that has been displayed in the Mazda exhibit at the races for the last couple of years is a really beautiful car.
Old 8 Oct 2013, 02:32 (Ref:3314377)   #673
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This fits with reports that a new Lola chassis has been sold to a NA team relatively recently...
Old 8 Oct 2013, 02:35 (Ref:3314378)   #674
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
I find it hard to believe that they won't, especially since both have participated in combined ALMS/WEC or ALMS/ILMC events like PLM and Sebring beforehand.
It's not like a LM invite, it will be down to whether or not there are grid spots left over after the full season entries are registered. Having been a supporting dilettante in the past is not going to make a difference.
Old 8 Oct 2013, 02:53 (Ref:3314381)   #675
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
It's not like a LM invite, it will be down to whether or not there are grid spots left over after the full season entries are registered. Having been a supporting dilettante in the past is not going to make a difference.
I realize it's not like a Le Mans invite, in the fact that you don't get an official automatic invitation to race at the expense of other entries.

However, don't you think the organizers will be partial to teams that have raced frequently in the longer of the events in ALMS, like Greaves, OAK, AF Corse, etc at the expense of, say, Larbre, which has only raced once if I recall correctly?